Sockholder Benefits

Sugarmag13

I don't see it as much of an issue for future cruises but can you take a 5 year old / 10 year old  account statement and apply it.  Isn't there a limit on how old the statement can be?  It seems ridiculous to say at one time in my life I had CCL stock now give me shareholder credit forever.

9 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I don't see it as much of an issue for future cruises but can you take a 5 year old / 10 year old  account statement and apply it.  Isn't there a limit on how old the statement can be?  It seems ridiculous to say at one time in my life I had CCL stock now give me shareholder credit forever.

I thought they wanted the most recent statement?

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Sold your shares?

NO!!!!  LOL.  Submitted my request for OBC using most recent statement.  

Although, had I sold them before our recent trip, I could buy them back for much less today. 

Edited by steelers36

I used info from a May 31, 2019 statement. The only reason I would sell my shares is if I could no longer cruise. As long as we are able to cruise we will keep the shares.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

when you purchase excursions pre-cruise using OBC -  when you go into your personalizer - the person having most all of the OBC - do you then just order a number of tickets - say 2 - or do you have to choose at that time who is going on the excursion ?

4 hours ago, Sugarmag13 said:

I believe you have to check off the people who are attending. But I am new to X so, maybe I'm wrong. On P you must do so.

If you purchase using the Cruise Personalizer online, you have to select the passenger names and each excursion is charged to the specific passenger. You cannot use one passengers OBC to prepay for another passengers excursion online.

If you look at Confirmed Reservations under Excursion Reservations in Cruise Personalizer, you will see that each booked excursion has a Billing Contact name and a Guests name - and that the names are the same. You have no way to change this online.

You have to call Princess and talk to a Princess representative. The Princess representative can reserve an excursion with the Billing Contact name different than the Guests name. After this is changed, the Confirmed Reservation list shows a different name for Billing Contact and for Guests. Sometimes it will have two listings (each with 1 Adult, with me listed as Billing Contact on both, with me listed as Guests on one, and with DW listed as Guests on the other) and sometimes it will have a single listing (with 2 Adults, with me listed as Billing Contact, and with DW and me both listed as Guests) - I don't think it matters which way the representative books it.

One warning. The Princess representative cannot change the Billing Contact on a current reservation if you have already made and paid for the reservation. The representative can only cancel the reservation and create a new reservation with the different Billing Contact and Guests names. I found this out the hard way. When I called to change the Billing Contact on an existing registration, the Princess representative cancelled and rebooked the reservation without telling me that was required - and the current price for the excursion was $10 more than when I had booked it. After I complained and said I never would have approved the rebooking if told it would raise the price, the representative was unable to reverse the transaction and restore the lower price. After transferring to Customer Service, they did give me $10 OBC to respond to their mistake, but it took me a lot of time to get that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I thought they wanted the most recent statement?

True & is stated on the current request form:  “Proof of ownership (photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher, or a current brokerage statement or nominee statement) with your brokerage account number blacked out must be provided”.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

I saw the topic and thought I'd get a benefit for wearing my Argyles...  😁

lol oh, no! I didn't even notice that. No one even busted my chops about it! I am an awful at typing as you can tell.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sugarmag13 said:

lol oh, no! I didn't even notice that. No one even busted my chops about it! I am an awful at typing as you can tell.

I was going to make a smart aleck comment from Harry Potter about the typo, but decided not to. 

“Master has given Dobby a sock!  Dobby is free!”

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, mjmalino said:

Yes, but I submitted my statement last week for a cruise in January, fully expecting it to be bounced back....well, it went through. I am waiting to see if they want an updated statement as we get closer.

I sent in our statement for two upcoming cruises (two separate statements) for August and Feb 2020. The OBC did appear promptly. Was pleasantly surprised. 

12 hours ago, Hoosier-Cruiser said:

I was going to make a smart aleck comment from Harry Potter about the typo, but decided not to. 

“Master has given Dobby a sock!  Dobby is free!”

good call ... not a mini-manifesto rant

I'll have to phone-a-friend to check anything about Harry Potter ...

On 6/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

If you are both using the same credit card for your onboard charges, it makes no difference who makes the excursion charges as all the charges are first reduced by any non-refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those are reduced by refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those charges are charged to the credit card on file. At least that's the way the charges have been handled on all of our cruises. If you're not using the same credit card for both of you, you can change that when you arrive at the port during check-in. Making changes to the credit card that you originally listed is easily done during check-in and it's much quicker to do it there than it is to wait and do it on the ship because there is usually a line at the Customer Service/Guest Services desk on the ship as all it takes is a single swipe of the credit card by the check-in agent during check-in and you're done.

Tom

As a matter of interest does anyone know which OBC is refundable and which is not? I know the military OBC is refundable although we only recently found that out after a few cruises trying to find something to spend the money on, so have never tried getting it refunded. 

5 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

Only military ibc from Princess is refundable. Shareholder obc is not. Sometimes if your TA gives you additional obc it might be refundable 

And if you buy OBC in advance, that is also refundable.

1 hour ago, BoopTennis said:

Only military ibc from Princess is refundable. Shareholder obc is not. Sometimes if your TA gives you additional obc it might be refundable 

55 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And if you buy OBC in advance, that is also refundable.

Also any Customer Goodwill credit is refundable.

On 6/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, zalusky said:

I decided to buy some using IRA money.  I plan to leave it in the IRA so the dividends are not taxable   Sit and ride without tax considerations.

The dividends are not taxable only if your stock is in a Roth IRA.  In a SEP IRA you pay taxes on the amount you take out.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Ombud said:

I had Schwab fax it over 1 time. Now I just call the 1-800# with my cruise info and she puts it in. 

Who puts it in by phone?

The options are fax/snail mail.

It is not very clear but I take it that the "she" at the 1-800# is at Schwalb ?

Edited by MCC retired

20 minutes ago, CFLCruisers said:

I have already booked & paid for an August 2019 Royal Princess cruise. If I were to purchase 100 CCL shares, would I still be able to get OBC for this cruise?

Yup.

*IF* they choose to enforce the rules to ticky-tack level, I believe you need to get the docs in 2 weeks before the embarkation day.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Who puts it in by phone?

38 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Who puts it in by phone?

It is not very clear but I take it that the "she" at the 1-800# is at Schwalb ?

Ok. I understand the confusion. I had Schwab fax it last year for last November 2018 cruise. Then I booked a few more and called 1-800-872-6779×30317 where 'she' answered the phone. I asked her to put it on the new cruises. Now each time I book a cruise (and they're booked out to 3/2020) I call that number, she verifies that it's on another cruise and she (at Princess) adds it to my new booking. 

• Like 1