Hot Topic in US right now

TNcrzr4life

LOL! 

I am laughing at this one.

If you want to get high on drugs go to Jamaica or the Netherlands.  Not the USA cruise ports.

I prefer to enjoy my cruise and not be intoxicated on whatever...

We have movies in the USA about this.  They are the Cheech and Chong series.   LOL!

Edited by NMTraveller

On 6/29/2019 at 10:11 PM, cruiserchuck said:

There was a thread a few months ago by a lady who claimed she received a fine for having a substance that was not in a labeled bottle.  I believe it may have had to do with CBD oil.

I recall that thread...some odd issues going on there so I would not use that as a guide..

If Celeb website says No...then that's  the answer!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

LOL! 

I am laughing at this one.

If you want to get high on drugs go to Jamaica or the Netherlands.  Not the USA cruise ports.

I prefer to enjoy my cruise and not be intoxicated on whatever...

We have movies in the USA about this.  They are the Cheech and Chong series.   LOL!

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

LOL!

It is really not a hot topic in the US.  But if it is for you I would move to where they allow it.

LOL!

Based on your two posts, I can only conclude that you have absolutely no idea what CBD is.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Based on your two posts, I can only conclude that you have absolutely no idea what CBD is.

Perhaps not.  But I would not rely on a manufacturers claim that the THC is all taken out.  There was an article in the news where they had a product which was supposed to be free of THC and it was not.  It turned into a drug bust.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Perhaps not.  But I would not rely on a manufacturers claim that the THC is all taken out.  There was an article in the news where they had a product which was supposed to be free of THC and it was not.  It turned into a drug bust.

In the US, legal CBD products are primarily created from hemp. Unlike marijuana, which contains large amounts of THC, the high inducing compound in cannabis, hemp contains only trace amounts. The article to which you refer probably referred to a product derived from marijuana and not hemp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

LOL!

It is really not a hot topic in the US.  But if it is for you I would move to where they allow it.

LOL!

The last I heard, in the USA it is legal in 47 of the 50 states.

The OP would have no need to move, hot topic or not, since she already lives in one of the states that allow it.

But bringing CBD on a cruise ship is a different matter entirely.

I think that many passengers would be willing to risk it if at worst it would merely be confiscated, as done with other prohibited items brought on board  such as surge protectors or irons or booze in excess of the allowable limit.

But if the penalty upon detection would be more severe, then that would  likely be a deterrent for many.

Edited by varoo

16 minutes ago, varoo said:

The OP would have no need to move, hot topic or not, since she already lives in one of the states that allow it.

But bringing CBD on a cruise ship is a different matter entirely.

I think that many passengers would be willing to risk it if at worst it would merely be confiscated, as done with other prohibited items brought on board  such as surge protectors or irons or booze in excess of the allowable limit.

But if the penalty upon detection would be more severe, then that would  likely be a deterrent for many.

I was referring to CBD oil from marijuana.  Is that legal?

Anyways how would anybody tell the difference?  Many recommend not even taking it through the airport due to the ambiguity of where it was derived from.

We do have states that legalized it and produce marijuana CDB oil.  We have such a state one state away.

This whole issue kind of reminds me of vaping where you do not know what is in it until it is regulated and laboratory tested for contents.

Edited by NMTraveller

4 minutes ago, varoo said:

The OP would have no need to move, since she already lives in one of the states that allow it.

Some states but not yet the federal government. Then there are foreign governments. In some countries the penalty is severe and they come onboard in ports and apply the penalties. 

There is so much confusion over CBD oil and many (including me) are not fully informed of the differences... eg full spectrum vs isolate for example. Honestly I would probably leave it home until things settle out from a regulatory perspective. My fear would be having it in my purse... forgetting it was there and getting off in a port where it is illegal and having it discovered. Heck some ports don't allow you to wear items that are camouflage.  

But if you do, I would follow the advise of having something in writing from the cruise line... and then make sure you do not carry it onto one of the ports.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 11:31 PM, NMTraveller said:

LOL!

LOL!

eh. It is a hot topic in many places. My state recently legalized hemp products containing less than .3% thc and overnight it seems that ever store has signs up proclaiming that they have cbd products.

i agree that the whole thing is confusing. The cbd oils supposedly are less than .3% thc but have seen people online claim they vape oil instead of smoke marijuana to get high so who knows. I get drug tested at work so any thc is too much so I just stay away from all of it to be safe.

Edited by sanger727

I see the real problem is if you get busted. How do they test if it is CBD or THC. I'm sure I can find software to make labels say anything I want. On the other side I visited my nephew the other day after his Western Caribbean cruise. He said his dad went on and off the cruise ship with his THC vape pen and never had a problem. He put it in the tray with all his other items coming back on the ship. It was not a Celebrity cruise, but part of the RCCL family.

12 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I see the real problem is if you get busted. How do they test if it is CBD or THC. I'm sure I can find software to make labels say anything I want. On the other side I visited my nephew the other day after his Western Caribbean cruise. He said his dad went on and off the cruise ship with his THC vape pen and never had a problem. He put it in the tray with all his other items coming back on the ship. It was not a Celebrity cruise, but part of the RCCL family.

On a completely unrelated note... you might tell your nephew... to tell his dad that apparently it is THC vaping that has caused all those vaping deaths.... and it can happen as quickly as your first vape (smoke... whatever). Just saw this on the news last night...you might share this link with your nephew

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, varoo said:

You can buy CBD in all 50 States.  It was a federal bill that made it legal.  South Dakota is still technically illegal but you can buy it and have it shipped to you just fine.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, dolittle said:

My take on CBD is that when something works for everything it really does not work.

Wow, very enlightening.

As for OP.  I brought my CBD with me on a recent cruise.  I didn't think much of it.  Could I have gotten in trouble?  Yeah, maybe.  Maybe not.  I kept it in my carry on when boarding and put it in my safe.  For some of us, it really makes a big difference.  My back pain is night and day when I use CBD so it was worth the "risk" though I didn't even consider the risk when I brought it...

1 hour ago, kearney said:

On a completely unrelated note... you might tell your nephew... to tell his dad that apparently it is THC vaping that has caused all those vaping deaths.... and it can happen as quickly as your first vape (smoke... whatever). Just saw this on the news last night...you might share this link with your nephew

I do agree with you, but he is over 55 and should be able to make his own decisions in life.

8 hours ago, kearney said:

This article also states that the majority of the issues are from black market illegal THC oil pods and not government regulated legal products. Have been using the legal THC vape for quite some time with absolutely zero issues. 

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This article also states that the majority of the issues are from black market illegal THC oil pods and not government regulated legal products. Have been using the legal THC vape for quite some time with absolutely zero issues. 

Even air can be unhealthy. I've been to Urumqi, China twice in winter. They burn so much coal that my company travel doctor gave me pills to take if I came down with lung issues. We all make our own choices in life.

21 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I'm confused. CBD with less than .03% THC is legal. I don't believe anything that has a higher concentration of THC is? Unless he is from Colorado?

Edited by sanger727