"To Dry For" New Blow Dry Bar- Questions

I saw recently that Navigator got "To Dry For," a new blow dry bar, added when it was amplified this year. My question is about if there are plans for Oasis to get this added as well when it gets amplified in the fall. If so, I know I'd use the service multiple times during my 7 night sailing on Oasis in Jan. It's such a great idea!! Fingers crossed it will also be added to Oasis. Does anyone know any details or where I would find this info?? I figured I could call RCCL but I don't always have the best luck when calling with questions getting answered.

10 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

I saw recently that Navigator got "To Dry For," a new blow dry bar, added when it was amplified this year. My question is about if there are plans for Oasis to get this added as well when it gets amplified in the fall. If so, I know I'd use the service multiple times during my 7 night sailing on Oasis in Jan. It's such a great idea!! Fingers crossed it will also be added to Oasis. Does anyone know any details or where I would find this info?? I figured I could call RCCL but I don't always have the best luck when calling with questions getting answered.

It was not announced for Oasis or Allure 

Thank you Allison. I am certainly not talented enough to blow dry my own hair. Or flat plate it or do anything else with it that makes it look like anything. Thanks for the reply. :classic_biggrin: I tried the curling iron. Once. I had burns on either side of my forehead. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They released a pretty comprehensive list in what is going to be added.  I would be extremely surprised if it was added.

Thanks for this! Love how they show it with the lay out. Thanks for attatching 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you Allison. I am certainly not talented enough to blow dry my own hair. Or flat plate it or do anything else with it that makes it look like anything. Thanks for the reply. :classic_biggrin: I tried the curling iron. Once. I had burns on either side of my forehead. 

No prob!! Haha, it takes some practice to get the hang of. I think its a great idea and would totally take advantage of the service multiple times on my sailing.

Rarely saw it in use on the Navigator 10-day cruise.  Went to one of those free seminars (sales pitch) for their products, not specific services.  Someone asked price for a shampoo and blow out - stylist wouldn’t give a specific price - said it depended on length, thickness of hair, etc. but said $50 on up ; probably around $100 average.  Pretty expensive!  

I hardly saw it used on Navigator either.  It has a glass front and is in the middle of the Royal Promenade which seemed like a terrible location to me.  I sure wouldn't want to sit there getting my hair done!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

but said $50 on up ; probably around $100 average.  Pretty expensive!  

$100 average for a blow dry?  That seems a bit much.  Then again, I've never paid to have my hair blow dried so I have no idea what landside salons charge.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How long did the Barber Shop on Oasis (I think that was the ship) last?

Not sure about Oasis, but there was one on Freedom class on the Royal Promenade. Lasted a few years.

8 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Prices at the Dry Bar on Navigator start at $39. 

Yes - I agree - that’s what their price list says. However, the “start at” is where things changed. The hairdresser giving the demo I went to said that was for short hair, plus automatic 18% gratuity. When pushed on “average price” she definitely said $100.   Probably because they push their conditioning and extras, like curling, etc., plus a lot of people don’t have short hair. 

1 minute ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Yes - I agree - that’s what their price list says. However, the “start at” is where things changed. The hairdresser giving the demo I went to said that was for short hair, plus automatic 18% gratuity. When pushed on “average price” she definitely said $100.   Probably because they push their conditioning and extras, like curling, etc., plus a lot of people don’t have short hair. 

Yes I can see how prices would vary depending on hair types and other treatments. For example, I think Keratin treatments were $89. 

Why a dedicated place?  Hasn't there always been a salon at the spa where you could get nails and hair done?  Didn't they do wash and dry?

I'd never imagine getting my hair down on a cruise (heck, I'm even scared of getting a massage on a cruise).  Those are things I save for land.

True waste of space on Navigator.  On last 9 day before they switched to short cruises saw customers in there maybe twice.  Even with them touting it multiple times in the Compass.

I have long hair and can get a shampoo, cut, blow dry w/tip for $25. The only way I'd pay those prices to get it done on a ship is if something terrible happened (e.g. it somehow get's tangled in the anchor or cut by a child running with scissors). 😂

Glad it's available for those who like the service. Not sure what else I'd put in it's place.

Edited by JennyB1977

A dry bar in our area is usually about $50 with tip for the standard treatment.  I don’t have it done often but love it when I splurge.  It will last 5-6 days.  Of course if you’re in the Caribbean what’s the point?  One dip in the ocean or pool and your hair is toast.

• Haha 1