Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

5 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

What is the full treatment? Adding more cabins on deck 11 forward and relocating the fitness center in the back? And the new look of the pool deck. However, there is no difference how existing standard cabins have been treated I believe.

Navigator had her cabins touched.  New carpet, new upholstery.  Mariner and Adventure did not, except some Adventure cabins were touched.

I call it "touched' because they don't gut the cabin and start from new.  New carpet, drapes and the cushion cover on the seat.  

Mariner didn't get that at all.  Same cabin interiors.  

25 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Hawaii to Los Angeles cruise starts in Sydney 10 June. It appears to be done in one go. You will have to come and visit us in Oz to go on that cruise. 

Hi Spring

Have you any idea how many days that cruise will be

27 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Hawaii to Los Angeles cruise starts in Sydney 10 June. It appears to be done in one go. You will have to come and visit us in Oz to go on that cruise. 

Oh that sucks. It would be nice if there was a cruise that went from Hawaii to Los Angeles without needing to spend the money to fly all the way to Sydney.

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh that sucks. It would be nice if there was a cruise that went from Hawaii to Los Angeles without needing to spend the money to fly all the way to Sydney.

There will never be a cruise that starts in Hawaii and ends in LA.  That would be a violation of the PVSA.  The cruise would have to end in Ensenada and then you would be bussed back to the US.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Hi Spring

Have you any idea how many days that cruise will be

@springaussie

But if we look at the TPs in April 2020, we see that Ovation goes from Sydney to Oahu, before heading to Victoria to avoid PVSA violations. So what's to say that Voyager won't go from Sydney to Oahu then Oahu to Ensenada?

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There will never be a cruise that starts in Hawaii and ends in LA.  That would be a violation of the PVSA.  The cruise would have to end in Ensenada and then you would be bussed back to the US.  

Yes, this has already been stated to me a few pages back. Also, if you look at the post right below yours, I affirmed what I meant by Hawaii to Los Angeles.

Edited by jbethel11
Added information

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly this ^.   Ovation from Singapore to Seattle, Serenade from Honolulu to Vancouver (one I am on) in 2021 to start summer Alaska runs.  

Just now, island lady said:

Exactly this ^.   Ovation from Singapore to Seattle, Serenade from Honolulu to Vancouver (one I am on) in 2021 to start summer Alaska runs.  

If you read the two posts right after Ken's, you would see that I clarified what I meant. 

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

If you read the two posts right after Ken's, you would see that I clarified what I meant. 

19 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

OK...

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...

I guess you didn't read it...

21 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But if we look at the TPs in April 2020, we see that Ovation goes from Sydney to Oahu, before heading to Victoria to avoid PVSA violations. So what's to say that Voyager won't go from Sydney to Oahu then Oahu to Ensenada?

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Thank you for this link. This was exactly what I was thinking of! But what's interesting is how they will get from Hawaii to LA in 3 days, especially considering the ship would have to stop in Ensenada.

They obviously can't use the first (one or two) of those LA bookings with the preceding bookings in Hawaii and Australia.  Bussing people from Ensenada to California or v.v. has received such bad press that I doubt they wiill do that gain, but you never know.  

It seems very odd to operate a ship from LA in July and August given that cruise fares and on board revenue would be much higher in Alaska.  perhaps they don't have a deal in place for a fourth ship or some Alaska ports are fully committed already.  

8 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

They obviously can't use the first (one or two) of those LA bookings with the preceding bookings in Hawaii and Australia.  Bussing people from Ensenada to California or v.v. has received such bad press that I doubt they wiill do that gain, but you never know.  

It seems very odd to operate a ship from LA in July and August given that cruise fares and on board revenue would be much higher in Alaska.  perhaps they don't have a deal in place for a fourth ship or some Alaska ports are fully committed already.  

Seems like Quantum is going to be the 4th ship in Alaska based on the Victoria bookings.  

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

@springaussie

Not quite sure what your saying here, yes the cruise would have to end in Ensenada.  It would have to sail empty from Ensenada to LA.  The Ovation stops in Victoria as a port stop, not to satisfy the PVSA, it ends in Vancouver to satisfy the PVSA.

5 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Seems like Quantum is going to be the 4th ship in Alaska based on the Victoria bookings.  

Yes Victoria has regular bookings for ovation along with quantum.

I couldn’t work out the year,was mid 2022?

So that pretty well confirms Sydney will have ovation and quantum for our 2021-2022 season , I think?

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So that pretty well confirms Sydney will have ovation and quantum for our 2021-2022 season , I think?

I think Royal is far from casting anything 2022 in stone.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Not quite sure what your saying here, yes the cruise would have to end in Ensenada.  It would have to sail empty from Ensenada to LA.  The Ovation stops in Victoria as a port stop, not to satisfy the PVSA, it ends in Vancouver to satisfy the PVSA.

I meant Vancouver, not Victoria, sorry. To me, it just doesn't make sense for Royal to not offer a Hawaii to Ensenada cruise as I'm sure that sailing would entice passengers who do not want to spend the money to fly to Australia.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They do make it difficult but you just have to count each April to October as the year and it works out to 2021 and Royal has not yet booked the last year on the website which NCL and MSC have booked. That is 2022 April to October. 

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I meant Vancouver, not Victoria, sorry. To me, it just doesn't make sense for Royal to not offer a Hawaii to Ensenada cruise as I'm sure that sailing would entice passengers who do not want to spend the money to fly to Australia.

Last time I flew Honolulu to Sydney it only cost $349 usd (Jetstar)

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So with the absence of voyager in Sydney for the2021-2022 Australia season,I think quantum and ovation would be a pretty good bet

This therefore means RCCL will be reducing capacity in Sydney and therefore Australia, based on having only 2 Q class ships in Sydney and  Radiance class in Brisbane. This is based on 2020/21 season having Serenade, Voyage and Ovation in Sydney and Radiance in Brisbane. The reduction I am basing it on the current passengers numbers  all berths

Edited by woodscruise
update to wording

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

They do make it difficult but you just have to count each April to October as the year and it works out to 2021 and Royal has not yet booked the last year on the website which NCL and MSC have booked. That is 2022 April to October. 

Only cruises available from April to October, 2022, on NCL website are the Pride of America 7 day cruises rt from Honolulu.