Hurricane Dorian talk

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Same to ya

Well, I started the thread to get info about cruising during a hurricane.  And I don't have issues with anyone here, unlike you.  Seems like you might be happier if you avoided the stress this is obviously causing you.  I wish you the best during these trying times, and I sincerely hope our paths never cross.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tface023 said:

Well, I started the thread to get info about cruising during a hurricane.  And I don't have issues with anyone here, unlike you.  Seems like you might be happier if you avoided the stress this is obviously causing you.  I wish you the best during these trying times, and I sincerely hope our paths never cross.

Oops, except with me...that reply got through before my block. Thank goodness your future ones will not.  And I do agree with your last sentence.  Thank Goodness, that's not likely.

2 hours ago, bclinton said:

I feel sorry for the folks that are ok with getting screwed over and find it perfectly acceptable to pay for something and not receive it......do you really think the cruise lines do not buy insurance themselves for situations like this and are not made whole through the policy?

You aren't paying for anything.  They gave you 100% back in future cruise vouchers.

I'm not in the cruise industry, but the company I work for definitely has revenue impacted by hurricanes (and other natural disasters) and there's no insurance to pay us for lost revenue. Only insurance is whatever we have on buildings or vehicles if they're effected. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's an insurance company that's paying royal money for the cruises having to divert. This undoubtedly is costing them money. 

(I'm not necessarily saying woe is them, it's in the cost of doing their business)

Edited by smplybcause

1 minute ago, Racer26 said:

You aren't paying for anything.  They gave you 100% back in future cruise vouchers.

The issue that Im having is, I cant find anything in the same price range for a future cruise.  I booked myself, husband, and two kids under Kids Sail Free.  My son turns 13 in December, so I need to cruise before then.  And wait for another KSF promo.   Even pricing out the same ship in the same room category for just the 2 of us on any sail date is at minimum $460 more on a 4 day. 

If they would transfer our reservation to any date of their choice I would be more than content.  

24 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Here is a tip to check virtually any Local Forecast in the US without having to watch it on the Weather Chanel. I have been using this WeatherStar  4000 Emulator and it actually works. Its the same one the Weather Channel used before it switched to their newer system which I don't like. Please share it with your friends and fellow cruisers. It gets the data straight from the National Weather Service Forecast using the closest WeatherID station much better than Accuweather or another similar source!

https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/twc2.html

Thanks Travelplus, that is a pretty good site.  For USA locations only though, I can't get it to do abroad

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Racer26 said:

This. 

And this is why my 'empathy' well has run dry for this poster. While he can't control the weather or Dorian, he can control how he reacts to it. And his drama queen antics is growing tiresome. 

To those traveling to/from Cruise ships in Florida, be safe, but be there! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JTJT1 said:

The issue that Im having is, I cant find anything in the same price range for a future cruise.  I booked myself, husband, and two kids under Kids Sail Free.  My son turns 13 in December, so I need to cruise before then.  And wait for another KSF promo.   Even pricing out the same ship in the same room category for just the 2 of us on any sail date is at minimum $460 more on a 4 day. 

If they would transfer our reservation to any date of their choice I would be more than content.  

So wait for another sale like you did when you booked this one.  Royal literally bombards my inbox a dozen times a week with sale offers.  Surely one will suffice soon enough.

I think one thing RCL or any other cruiselines should do in these cases is offer Future Cruise Credit but with a expiration of 2 years instead of 1 year. That will solve alot of the issues. It gives people more flexibility and a chance to rebook future cruises at the same possible great deal they found for the ruined hurricane cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think your 4 day cruise is now a 3 day cruise. 😉

Price may go down still

Fine with us. We’re onboard, the sun is out, the seas are calm, and the bars haven't run out of our beverage of choice. I look at this way, if we stay out long enough, the b2b can go to 0 days, and all is good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bclinton said:

How about the cruise line not schedule anything during hurricane season? You put all the responsibility on the traveler. The traveler pays for something...if they don't receive it they should be refunded their money. How is that such a stretch?

Um, hurricane season is 6 months long and hurricanes have happened in all six of those months and a little on each side.  So, you're saying a business should operate 1/2 a year?  I think people need to make their own decision on risk of cancellation/delay and not expect big brother to do it for them.

Also, if someone is that concerned, maybe they should have travel insurance that covers everything.

Edited by BND

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Fine with us. We’re onboard, the sun is out, the seas are calm, and the bars haven't run out of our beverage of choice. I look at this way, if we stay out long enough, the b2b can go to 0 days, and all is good.

I think that's the direction your headed

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I think that's the direction your headed

John give me the latest on your Mariner cruise. It's hard to keep up with all the posts, changes and weather forecasts. Are you still on for Wednesday for what a 3 nighter?

4 hours ago, bclinton said:

How about the cruise line not schedule anything during hurricane season? You put all the responsibility on the traveler. The traveler pays for something...if they don't receive it they should be refunded their money. How is that such a stretch?

That would be June 1 to November 30. I don’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

John give me the latest on your Mariner cruise. It's hard to keep up with all the posts, changes and weather forecasts. Are you still on for Wednesday for what a 3 nighter?

Just spoke with a neighbor who is a Carnivsl greeter at the Port. He was told they are off until Thursday. 

Wednesday not looking good

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just spoke with a neighbor who is a Carnivsl greeter at the Port. He was told they are off until Thursday. 

Wednesday not looking good

You’re always welcome on our soon to be 0 day harmony cruise😎. Just got a message in the cabin that our current cruise is now officially a 10 night western cruise, and that they’ve extended the beverage, internet, and dining packages for the duration at 0 cost. So at this rate, we can stay on here as long as it takes them to figure out what to do next. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You’re always welcome on our soon to be 0 day harmony cruise😎. Just got a message in the cabin that our current cruise is now officially a 10 night western cruise, and that they’ve extended the beverage, internet, and dining packages for the duration at 0 cost. So at this rate, we can stay on here as long as it takes them to figure out what to do next. 

So the current plan is for the Harmony to return on Thursday?

1 hour ago, hazence said:

Does being pragmatic preclude one from showing compassion? You and I do not  know the full circumstances of anyone else’s situation. Though empathy is rare on the Internet, it certainly is more admirable than hectoring someone whose hurting. 

I just read read an article about a 911 operator who decided to chastise a drowning woman until the poor soul succumbed. Guess it gives a feeling of superiority to some.

That was horrible. 😥

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

You are blocked,  I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

🙄 🙄 🙄

Edited by ReneeFLL