Medallion Accessories

argenta01

I will be taking my first Ocean Medallion cruise in Oct.  I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the different kinds of accessories you can get to hold the medallion?  I didn't see anything on the Princess site.   I'm guessing they are only available once you board.  Do they have fancy stuff, rhinestones, etc?

thanks!

• Haha 1

If you review the below video and pause along the way you can see some of the medallion holders that are for sale. Most passengers I saw just used the lanyard with the cruise card sized plastic holder that is provided for free. I saw some with the rubber like wrist bands and some with a small clip on. On our cruise there was a separate table in the photo section where the items were sold.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

If you review the below video and pause along the way you can see some of the medallion holders that are for sale. Most passengers I saw just used the lanyard with the cruise card sized plastic holder that is provided for free. I saw some with the rubber like wrist bands and some with a small clip on. On our cruise there was a separate table in the photo section where the items were sold.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

So the square card holder is free? Does it come with the clear plastic holder as well? Landyard?  TIA

We just got our medallions by Fed Ex. When I ordered them, I was given the option to order accessories, but didn't pay attention to what the choices and prices were. M-I-L ordered wrist bands, and I think she said they were $7. We received the rectangular plastic holder and lanyard that clips onto it with our medallions. We didn't use them last time, just carried them in our pockets or in my mini phone purse.

8 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So the square card holder is free? Does it come with the clear plastic holder as well? Landyard?  TIA

We received the clear plastic holder plus lanyard at check-in.  The plastic holder can be opened and Medallion removed.  The holder had a Princess logo'd paper insert for decoration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donswife said:

We just got our medallions by Fed Ex. When I ordered them, I was given the option to order accessories, but didn't pay attention to what the choices and prices were. M-I-L ordered wrist bands, and I think she said they were $7. We received the rectangular plastic holder and lanyard that clips onto it with our medallions. We didn't use them last time, just carried them in our pockets or in my mini phone purse.

We just ordered our Medallions for a November cruise & only had options for a notebook or water bottle unlike in March when there were some options for paid holders.

3FA43158-3A87-4CEB-8D97-48D916965501.png

Download the new Medallion app, and get Ocean Ready. At the end, you’ll have the chance to order accessories to be delivered with your Medallions. We liked doing this as opposed to waiting til we boarded to buy them.

We both tried the sportbands and lanyards and liked both for their own purposes. The sportbands were easiest to us to just wear. The lanyard came in handy for port days to tuck into my purse or DH’s travel wallet and for formal night when I didn’t want a bright pink rubber sportband. The lanyard is pretty long and can dangle quite low, which could be annoying. They do offer fancier options like gold and silver necklaces and bracelets. The chain for the necklace looked too short to me and could not be made longer. The bracelet was stiff so looked uncomfortable to me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They've also got a plastic clip to attach it to your shirt or waste band. 

I think the price was $7. 

We bought these aftermarket Fitbit clips on Amazon...four for $13 or two for $10...which worked well for us.

D6861026-5616-40B4-9BE8-B424A407DD16.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats good to know.

I remember someone posting on CC about these working good.

They worked perfectly for us & will use them again in the Fall...I either put mine in my pants pocket or clipped it & my wife clipped her’s to the neck of her blouse or collar.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We bought these aftermarket Fitbit clips on Amazon...four for $13 or two for $10...which worked well for us.

D6861026-5616-40B4-9BE8-B424A407DD16.jpeg

You wouldn't expect Princess prices to be cheap, did you?

52 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Good buy ,will be dammed if I buy any of the Princess crap!

Agreed. 

I personally take offence at them overcharging for carriers to hold their product.

I can understand charging for a gold plated necklace but at least they could provide a rubber wristband for free.

My DH was so irked that he came up with his own designed clasp for both of us before we sailed on out first Medallion trip. 

• Like 1

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think I will store mine in my little cross body bag that will be holding my phone. Does anyone know if a phone will mess up the Ocean Medallion like it can a cruise card? 

Nothing short of crushing your Medallion will stop it from working.

It's nothing like the old cruise cards that could be cancelled by a magnetic pocketbook clasp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We just ordered our Medallions for a November cruise & only had options for a notebook or water bottle unlike in March when there were some options for paid holders.

3FA43158-3A87-4CEB-8D97-48D916965501.png

When you go back in click on Ocean Medallion and accessories and all the stuff is listed there.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

When you go back in click on Ocean Medallion and accessories and all the stuff is listed there.

Thanks...nothing else was available when ordering our OMs a couple of days ago.  Just tried it again & it still only shows the notebook & water bottle available for my cruise.