Ships with wraparound promenade?

newkid662

Hello,

We have not cruised in quite a few years. We are considering booking a cruise again and looking for the best fit. Our favorite activity is walking the outdoor promenade around the ship. We just stroll laps and chat. When looking at the deck plans for ships, we keep finding many do not have this feature. This board always has such helpful people I was hoping someone may have made a list of the ships from different lines that have a wraparound promenade. Can any of you help?

Thanks!

ALL of the Holland Ships have full wrap around promenade decks, although the two new ones (The Konisgdam and Neu Statendam) have promenade decks that are VERY narrow at certain points.....  

25 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 likely is the best promenade of any ship currently in service,

its about three laps to the mile, with an enclosed breakwater forward of the superstructure. 

Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t considered Cunard - great tip!

17 minutes ago, FredT said:

ALL of the Holland Ships have full wrap around promenade decks, although the two new ones (The Konisgdam and Neu Statendam) have promenade decks that are VERY narrow at certain points.....  

The Westerdam is where we developed our love for the promenade! I was curious about those newer ships. Can you estimate how wide it is at those narrow points? Thank you!

i

This is, if I've done it right, a photo of the promenade deck on the new Holland America ships. On the second page of the thread there is also a photo of the QM2 promenade deck. Don't know actual measurements but I'm sure someone will come on here and tell you.

All Viking Ocean ships have them and all Princess ships, except the new Royal Class have them. Note - the Grands & Super Grands have the fwd section on deck 8, so to complete a lap you go up stairs, around the bow, then descend to deck 7.

Before Saga's Spirit of Discovery was built, previous guests were asked what things they wanted to see. Along with launderettes and solo cabins, many asked for a wrap around promenade, which I believe was agreed... probably on next year's new ship also.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:12 PM, TheOldBear said:

Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 likely is the best promenade of any ship currently in service,

its about three laps to the mile, with an enclosed breakwater forward of the superstructure. 

Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth have wraparound promenades also, although their decking isn't teak like QM2 and (apparently) some/most/all of the Holland America ships.

16 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth have wraparound promenades also, although their decking isn't teak like QM2 and (apparently) some/most/all of the Holland America ships.

All the HAL ships I’ve sailed had the teak decks - and wooden deck chairs - which contributed to their classic look.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:40 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

As do Oasis and I believe Radiance class.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:46 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I know Royal Caribbeans Voyager and Freedom class have full walk around decks. 

Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance classes also have the helipad area with bench seating at the front end of the Promenade. Not sure about the larger classes.

7 hours ago, Curtzilla said:

Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance classes also have the helipad area with bench seating at the front end of the Promenade. Not sure about the larger classes.

Oasis and Quantum class ships also have a forward helipad but it is not accessible to passengers on Quantum class ships and only accessible on Oasis class ships by invitation to select passengers for special sailaway events.  The three classes you mention are open all the time to all passengers.  Vision class ships do not have helipads.

Edited by leaveitallbehind