Favorite items from Celebrity MDR?

LibrarianBecky

Hi all!

I'm excited to be sailing on Celebrity Summit in October with my best friend!  I was perusing menus in the Main Dining Room on the app and wondered if people had particular favorites.  I've cruised Royal and Carnival many times, but only once before on Celebrity (about ten years ago).  Lots of people on this board seem like they have sailed on Celebrity frequently, and I'd love to know what you love in the MDR!

Thank you!

Becky

The Onion soup has been very inconsistent on my cruises. Sometimes it's really good, sometimes just awful. Once it was served without the cheese. The beef Wellington has been a favorite, but it appears to be shrinking. The chicken Kiev was one of my favorites, but has been removed from the menu. The prime rib is usually good and I tend to ask for the "American" cut which is larger.

We've always enjoyed the Prime rib. And their lamb dishes are usually very well prepared, too. I've found the onion soup very inconsistent. But if they offer the strawberry soup, I always go for it. Desserts- I just pick whatever features chocolate.

7 hours ago, seadancer said:

I can’t seem to find pictures of the menús... Does anyone know what link I could use or if you have pictures of the menu for the main dining room? Could you please post them? Thank you!

I have no idea where I found the attached menus or even if they are current. 

Hope they will do! 🍽️

Kat 🐱

563444277_CosmoBreakfast.pdf 462187676_CosmoLunchMenus.pdf 1396545028_CosmoRestdinner.pdf 177875654_CosmoDesserts.pdf

5 hours ago, calicakes said:

Is this a dining room? I’ve only ever dined in Blu. I do order the onion soup. They get it from the MDR.

Edge has four smaller main dining rooms. Cyprus is one of them.

Edited by Xport

I don’t know if this is usual MDR fare or not but last month on Infinity there was a different special  available in the dining room every night except evening chic nights.

I had the teriyaki chicken served with rice and stir fried vegetables- hands down the best meal of the holiday.

French onion soup is my favourite starter.

Debbie

14 hours ago, seadancer said:

I can’t seem to find pictures of the menús... Does anyone know what link I could use or if you have pictures of the menu for the main dining room? Could you please post them? Thank you!

U can find the menus on the Celebrity App

We were on Eclipse last week. We both loved the French Onion Soup. I had the Steak Dianne one night, and it was the best steak I had had in a long time. It was a thing cut but was tender and perfectly cooked. 

Here are the Moonlight Sonata dinner menus from the days we ate there last week, in no particular order:

BA10BF5A-5BCA-433C-99F6-D0EDEC8C672F.thumb.jpeg.c2474493278c4910e57e4b4f42f3572e.jpeg

DD2989EE-7F47-46F7-A4E5-FDCBBD6704FF.thumb.jpeg.b33814b48df5089098d0ac2daf824c3d.jpeg

FFB0E57E-7F4F-4F57-B2B4-D2CDE3704D97.thumb.jpeg.762d61e590dfc35ffd5085c22239094e.jpeg

FB95ADD0-ED8B-484C-BAC6-1A57787F5341.thumb.jpeg.06ec8d4442a1861b60f341df830ef742.jpeg

FBBE1905-6941-470B-AE1B-490048CC2F5F.thumb.jpeg.10bbdc764a6e5cdea58c3e23effeddf7.jpeg