Cancelling beverage pkg during cruise.?

Networker

I succumbed and got the unlimited beverage package for anthem for nine day cruise at $48pp. An investment for sure.  I keep second guessing myself as to whether it is worth it.  Can you cancel it midweek while on the cruise for a prorated refund  or is it once you start then you’re committed.  

You have a certain amount of time to cancel,, something like 24 or 48 hours.  They wil refund the cost of your package in total as OBC, and charge you individually for all drinks ordered up to that point.

Do you like specialty coffee. All those fancy coffees are included ( as long as it is not a starbucks)  how about some fresh squeezed oj in the windjammer just ask,it's included. And remember to stay hydrated. Lots of free water bottles. Does your ship have Johnny rockets, pop in for a milk shake. For dinner i like a pellegrino (fancy for seltzer), so i can taste my food. After all this it only takes 2 to 3 drinks to be ahead. 

• Like 1

$48 pp is a pretty good price.  The "a la carte" prices for everything is probably MUCH higher than you're used to at home...at least, the drink prices are higher than the places I frequent.  

If you only plan on having a drink or two per day...and you're good with the other provided drinks (Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast, you probably will be ok without a package at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Networker said:

I succumbed and got the unlimited beverage package for anthem for nine day cruise at $48pp. An investment for sure.  I keep second guessing myself as to whether it is worth it.  Can you cancel it midweek while on the cruise for a prorated refund  or is it once you start then you’re committed.  

Midweek I guess could mean 4.5 days of you hammering the package, then drying out, then asking for a refund for the remainder?  

You succumbed to what?  

$48 dollars is a good price for the 9 day Anthem cruise that gives you 5 sea days and 1 day on Labadee if that's your itinerary. Blended coffee's are $4.50 and Fresh squeezed OJ is $ 8.25. Average cost of wine and cocktails are $10 plus there are soft drinks and bottled sparkling water. 

53 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Do you like specialty coffee. All those fancy coffees are included ( as long as it is not a starbucks)  how about some fresh squeezed oj in the windjammer just ask,it's included. And remember to stay hydrated. Lots of free water bottles. Does your ship have Johnny rockets, pop in for a milk shake. For dinner i like a pellegrino (fancy for seltzer), so i can taste my food. After all this it only takes 2 to 3 drinks to be ahead. 

OP is on the Anthem.  No Starbucks. Yes, Anthem has a Johnny Rockets.

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

$48 dollars is a good price for the 9 day Anthem cruise that gives you 5 sea days and 1 day on Labadee if that's your itinerary. Blended coffee's are $4.50 and Fresh squeezed OJ is $ 8.25. Average cost of wine and cocktails are $10 plus there are soft drinks and bottled sparkling water. 

The OP's cruise is Canada/New England.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm confused about the specialty coffees that may or may not be covered.  We will be on Majesty.  From what I read, it looks like Majesty has Starbucks coffee.  Does this mean we need the coffee card option, since none of the beverage packages will work at Starbucks?

Thanks!

I'll play devils advocate. My husband got the beverage package and it didn't work for him.  He is an occasional drinker.  Maybe one day he could make it pay for itself, but he couldn't drink that much everyday for 7 straight days.  He didn't like the "fancy coffee" that was included (he even paid out of pocket for Starbucks).  Getting a bottle of water was met with sighs and eye rolls and many places flat out said they didn't have any.  Getting fresh juice was time consuming and took longer than the meal sometimes.  All in all he opted out of getting it for our November cruise.   For the record we brought two bottles of wine and one came home with us.  So NOT big drinkers.  If you can drink at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with cocktails before bed and in the afternoon-and you can do it everyday and you want to drink that much everyday-then it is a deal. 

3 hours ago, kateg said:

I'll play devils advocate. My husband got the beverage package and it didn't work for him.  He is an occasional drinker.  Maybe one day he could make it pay for itself, but he couldn't drink that much everyday for 7 straight days.  He didn't like the "fancy coffee" that was included (he even paid out of pocket for Starbucks).  Getting a bottle of water was met with sighs and eye rolls and many places flat out said they didn't have any.  Getting fresh juice was time consuming and took longer than the meal sometimes.  All in all he opted out of getting it for our November cruise.   For the record we brought two bottles of wine and one came home with us.  So NOT big drinkers.  If you can drink at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with cocktails before bed and in the afternoon-and you can do it everyday and you want to drink that much everyday-then it is a deal. 

While these threads are popular on Cruise Critic, many many many many many many people cruise happily without a drink package.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

While these threads are popular on Cruise Critic, many many many many many many people cruise happily without a drink package.

And certainly downunder, even though we only started cruising not so long ago, I can remember there were no alcohol packages at all on RCI, and yet people enjoyed their cruises and CC & book of faces had threads on other things  😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I see that people are mentioning milkshakes.  I will be on the Explorer.  Does anyone know if I can go into JR and order a milkshake and walk out with it?  

Sure, they will sell you a milkshake a la carte.