a worrying time

We are booked on the cruise to  NZ on Thursday & live at the mid north coast.. at this stage the roads are closed, (Tuesday)  so we may not make it because of these dreadful fires...               Shevin14  hope for the best..

5 minutes ago, shevin14 said:

We are booked on the cruise to  NZ on Thursday & live at the mid north coast.. at this stage the roads are closed, (Tuesday)  so we may not make it because of these dreadful fires...               Shevin14  hope for the best..

Have you contacted the cruiseline to see whether they will be making special allowances for passengers unable to board due to roads being closed because of the bushfires?

It must be a worrying time for you and all those people impacted by these terrible bushfires.

4 hours ago, shevin14 said:

Are you near a Airport?

6 hours ago, shevin14 said:

Hi, we are on the MNC as well. Where are you situated? We are in the middle of the fires, Wauchope/Port Macquarie.

Last I heard the Pac Hwy was close between Taree and Buladelah, are you driving to Sydney? 

We fly out next Thursday, Port Mac to Sydney then on to Singapore to cruise back on Splendor, flights from Port have been on time.

It has been horrendous up here, unable to see or breath outside today, we were in the RFS red zone today, thankfully the temps were not as high as expected and no wind. Our showground at Wauchope is full of animals and families taking shelter, we are on the Oxley Hwy which has been closed to Walcha and has only just opened in the other direction to Port Macquarie.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to get to your cruise.

Edited by cheznandy

13 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Hi, we are on the MNC as well. Where are you situated? We are in the middle of the fires, Wauchope/Port Macquarie.

Last I heard the Pac Hwy was close between Taree and Buladelah, are you driving to Sydney? 

We fly out next Thursday, Port Mac to Sydney then on to Singapore to cruise back on Splendor, flights from Port have been on time.

It has been horrendous up here, unable to see or breath outside today, we were in the RFS red zone today, thankfully the temps were not as high as expected and no wind. Our showground at Wauchope is full of animals and families taking shelter, we are on the Oxley Hwy which has been closed to Walcha and has only just opened in the other direction to Port Macquarie.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to get to your cruise.

Thanks for the update , great to hear you are OK.

Bon voyage for next week.

Shevin14, I hope you were able to get to your cruise today, please come back and let us know how you got on.

It is the worst smoke so far today here in Wauchope, I had to drive to Laurieton this morning on the Pacific Hwy, scary stuff!!

Did you all see our Showground on TV this morning? It looks like a zoo, we have tents and caravans and tarps set up all over the place. Poor, poor animals, breathing this toxic air.

Our kelpie has found a spot under our deck which must have ok air,  I bought her inside on Tuesday, but she is a working dog and has high anxiety inside and couldnt settle.

We are in the middle of the fires burning North, South, East and West, I have the air con inside, everyone is advised to stay home and stay inside, please be over soon fires and smoke😢 enough destruction and lives already.

30 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Shevin14, I hope you were able to get to your cruise today, please come back and let us know how you got on.

It is the worst smoke so far today here in Wauchope, I had to drive to Laurieton this morning on the Pacific Hwy, scary stuff!!

Did you all see our Showground on TV this morning? It looks like a zoo, we have tents and caravans and tarps set up all over the place. Poor, poor animals, breathing this toxic air.

Our kelpie has found a spot under our deck which must have ok air,  I bought her inside on Tuesday, but she is a working dog and has high anxiety inside and couldnt settle.

We are in the middle of the fires burning North, South, East and West, I have the air con inside, everyone is advised to stay home and stay inside, please be over soon fires and smoke😢 enough destruction and lives already.

I am hoping they made their cruise and that everyone can remain safe as well.

News today said they have found another victim, which makes four dead now.

50 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hope they make their cruise today. Chez, the smoke must be horrendous for you. Take care and look after yourselves.

Leigh

Thanks guys, yes, hopefully the OP made the Majestic😀

Wind has blown a bit of smoke away and I can see the bush down the back. 

We love where we live, gods country, 10 minutes to the best beaches on the north coast, surrounded by vineyards, rivers and rainforest and our town of Wauchope has a country/ community vibe..........but I cant wait to get out of this place and get the smell of smoke out of my lungs (and hair and clothes) 

I have just read that the air quality in Port Macquarie today was 1739 🤬. New Delhi was only 817 and Beijing 192. I used to worry about traveling to South East Asia when Indonesia was doing their burn-offs, but this is way worst. I need to get out to sea, quick.

Here is a photo of the beach at Nambucca Heads covered with ash from the fires.

image.png.cdf2d88dcc0f278f8ea83a0cf253f993.png

That picture is shocking. It was so bad here today, I didn't go outside at all. I have had washing drying everywhere inside, even our garage which is attached to the house smells of smoke. 

Wauchope has been far worse than Port in regards to the smoke, but Andy works in Port and said that it was really bad there today. Every morning I open my blinds hoping I will see the sun and blue sky, fingers crossed we get the predicted rain on Sunday.

Locals are suffering headaches, breathing difficulties and burning watering eyes.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I have just read that the air quality in Port Macquarie today was 1739 🤬. New Delhi was only 817 and Beijing 192. I used to worry about traveling to South East Asia when Indonesia was doing their burn-offs, but this is way worst. I need to get out to sea, quick.

Here is a photo of the beach at Nambucca Heads covered with ash from the fires.

image.png.cdf2d88dcc0f278f8ea83a0cf253f993.png

Blimey, that is very disturbing.

19 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

That picture is shocking. It was so bad here today, I didn't go outside at all. I have had washing drying everywhere inside, even our garage which is attached to the house smells of smoke. 

Wauchope has been far worse than Port in regards to the smoke, but Andy works in Port and said that it was really bad there today. Every morning I open my blinds hoping I will see the sun and blue sky, fingers crossed we get the predicted rain on Sunday.

Locals are suffering headaches, breathing difficulties and burning watering eyes.

Hope it clears up soon for you and everyone else.