You Know You're on a Cruise When....

cruzanisfun

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

When I eat breakfast. I don't eat breakfast any other time šŸ™‚

Ā 

Strictly speaking: Ā  Ā whateverĀ you eat first,Ā in anyĀ given day, perhapsĀ at noon, or even later ā€”-Ā that is your breakfast. Ā It does not have to be corn flakes, orĀ bacon and eggs, and it does not have to be in the morning Ā - it just isĀ the first thing you eat that day.

Ā 

Like it or not, you have breakfast every day.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 1

We have been at this cruise game for over 40 years!Ā  But some things never change or get old.Ā  As we walk onto the ship at embarkation it is like all the problems of the world stay behind and we are truly home.Ā  It does not matter which cruise line or ship....it just feels like home.Ā 

Ā 

Hank

• Like 5

Although it is less prevalent on newer ships, I instantly feel the minute vibrations through the structure, and am attuned to the cabin noises, as the ship moves in a seaway. To this day, I still feel any changes in speed or large applications of the helm, etc.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Canuker said:

When you wake up to a tap on the bedroom door and a guy/girl walks in with a tray full of exactly what you had ordered.Ā 
(Why don't hotels do this - or do they?).

Ā 

They do.

Ā 

Most hotels have a hang card to order room service breakfast, delivered at the time you specify.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SRF said:

Ā 

No one asked about the cost. šŸ˜„
Ā 

Ā The post to which both of us r. Ā eplied (whichĀ was referring to cruise room service).Ā asked: Ā ā€œWhy donā€™t hotels do this - or do they?ā€

Ā 

Cruise ships include room service at no charge - and hotels typically charge heavily.Ā 

Ā 

Ā It isĀ careless to say that hotels did what cruise ships did - without mentioning that rather significant difference.

Edited by navybankerteacher

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Ā The post to which both of us r. Ā eplied (whichĀ was referring to cruise room service).Ā asked: Ā ā€œWhy donā€™t hotels do this - or do they?ā€

Ā 

Cruise ships include room service at no charge - and hotels typically charge heavily.Ā 

Ā 

Ā It isĀ careless to say that hotels did what cruise ships did - without mentioning that rather significant difference.

Not sure about all cruise lines but RC and Celebrity charge for room service. Depending on the menu selections and time of day. RCĀ charges $7.95 per order from the all day menu.The continental breakfast is still complimentary. Celebrity charges $4.95 per order only between the hours of 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by davekathy

16 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

When I slide open the door and see nothing but ocean rather than the bit of lawn and then woods which I usually see across our deck.

We are surrounded at home by water on 3 sides .I guess seeing water on 4 sides means I am on a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1