adventure diamond pre sail email

EDiamond22

An email i got today about my upcoming sailing on adventure, i know you can get your 3 free drinks anywhere but I don't believe i've ever seen the free specialty coffee loaded on the seapass. i get the DBP so really wont benefit me but i'm sure some will enjoy that very much! 

(feel free to merge this if there is a spot it fits in, i couldn't find a non ship specific thread) 

c&a.PNG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Well to me it’s another sneaky way RCL is taking away what’s left of the concierge lounges that weren’t already turned into suite lounges from D+. 

could be, we mainly sail with a large group and most of the time not everyone is diamond so most sailings we don't attend the lounge. It actually becomes more convenient that the perks are being offered out side of the lounge, based off of my personal situation though. 
i guess we will just have to sail more and make D+, darn twist my arm  

On 12/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, panoramaofthepast said:

We got the same email for Enchantment OTS sailing out of Galveston on Dec. 27. My husband is delighted about the coffees, as I don't drink coffee, so he gets both!

I was on the Adventure in Oct - so many upper tier that the extra lounge was filled immediately upon opening.   Even during the day there were times the diamond lounge was full so the coffee vouchers were to compensate.  Be prepared for long lines for the coffee kiosk.

I was on the Adventure for the Snowbird Migration cruise in October.  [maybe same cruise as Squadron] There were a HUGE number of upper tier C and A members. We got the coffee coupons, too. 

They used the lounge at the aft of the ship as the diamond lounge for happy hour.  It was PACKED until a little before 6 pm each night.  There were no seats.  So we said, no problem--we will use our vouchers.  However, all of the bars were packed, too.  We were not able to find seats at ANY bar between 4:30 and 6.  We eventually got a drink in the lounge and carried it to the park café if there was a seat. [rarely] Or carried it back to our cabin.  

Since yours is a warm weather cruise you can use the poor deck for seating.  We were Canada and US.  the outside temps were too cold to use the deck.

Adventure tried to do a good job with the lounge.  I did not hold it against the ship that it was crowded. That was caused by the C and A numbers. The hors d'oeuvres were very nicely done. the bartenders were attentive.   The next to last night they had a sushi and seafood bar.  Check out the pics below.  

20191018_174735.thumb.jpg.a446d1979f15a99be348922284b1e471.jpg

20191018_174741.thumb.jpg.b3f348229ca45510c61150c711027cd2.jpg

20191018_174744.thumb.jpg.2fb2d25620b4a4968f93d3dd1fe6352b.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:37 PM, lovelife said:

We also had this on the Ovation Transpacific 19-night sailing in September/October. 

As did we on the TP in April.  Although, other than one morning when the machine wasn’t working, I never used it.

jc

On 12/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, EDiamond22 said:

An email i got today about my upcoming sailing on adventure, i know you can get your 3 free drinks anywhere but I don't believe i've ever seen the free specialty coffee loaded on the seapass. i get the DBP so really wont benefit me but i'm sure some will enjoy that very much! 

(feel free to merge this if there is a spot it fits in, i couldn't find a non ship specific thread) 

c&a.PNG

We wil be on the AOTS on 1/12/20 and we just got that e:mail yesterday - thats very nice of RCCL.  Does anyone know if you are a Diamond Plus member you get a discount on specialty dining - someone I thought said some ships do a discount on the first night??  Thank you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lolaletu said:

We wil be on the AOTS on 1/12/20 and we just got that e:mail yesterday - thats very nice of RCCL.  Does anyone know if you are a Diamond Plus member you get a discount on specialty dining - someone I thought said some ships do a discount on the first night??  Thank you.

BOGO coupon for 1st and 2nd. night.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Yes here we go again as the post above said before it was hastily deleted. And this thread will no doubt get locked soon, along with others.

But really what are RC playing at. I just dont believe that every sailing in the first couple of weeks of January on every ship with a CL has such high numbers that there isn't enough room in any of the CLs for D+. Why dont RC have the guts to admit that all the CLs are now classified as SLs and only open to suites and Ps instead of doing it by stealth and deception and pretending it's due to high numbers

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Yes here we go again as the post above said before it was hastily deleted. And this thread will no doubt get locked soon, along with others.

But really what are RC playing at. I just dont believe that every sailing in the first couple of weeks of January on every ship with a CL has such high numbers that there isn't enough room in any of the CLs for D+. Why dont RC have the guts to admit that all the CLs are now classified as SLs and only open to suites and Ps instead of doing it by stealth and deception and pretending it's due to high numbers

Well said. DECEPTION. SNEAKING. They’re afraid of the backlash on social media. Just be honest & remove from benefit listing along we some others listed. This way when picking deck & cabin well in advance we can decide what we want to be near. If not allowed in CL on the Anthem I would have never booked an aft cabin on deck 12. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1