Have the D+ cruisers been kicked out of all the Concierge lounges?

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, here's a PR question for RCI: do you say that D+ are no longer allowed in the CL or do you make a new sign and call the room an SL? Which would D+ take with less of an uproar?

Neither. There is going to be an uproar either way. Look how active the many "losing access to so-and-so lounge" threads are. By far, more popular than the tipping, chair hog and dress code threads combined. 😁

For those that value lounge access as an important part of their cruise experience and are on a first name basis with many of the employees, changing the sign from CL to SL will not fool them as to the true intent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We like the option of choosing between the DL and CL but if RC decides no more CLs or D+ will no longer have access to the CLs (fleetwide) no biggie for us as we prefer the DL over the CL on the ships we've cruised on so far. Freedom class is the biggest class and Radiance class (favorite) being the smallest class of ships we've cruised on. Rhapsody (vision class) will be the smallest class for us in March 2021. 

• Like 1

I was really surprised to see a CL on Odyssey's deck plans. 

It's not a copy/paste error because it can be found on deck 13, not deck 12 and on Spectrum that's cabins back there on both 12 and 13.   So someone deliberately placed a CL on Odyssey's deck 13.

At least for now...

Edited by twangster

"Don't go changing to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times; I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! 😊

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Two great minds think alike!  

'puts hand up' ......

personally I think all this 'free lounge' stuff will not be here in 2025 - far too many people in too small a place not making the cruise line any 'more' money.

It'll go on actual spend not on historical spend! ie if you've booked a suite there'll be some sort of remittance, but nothing more for anyone else than maybe a slightly bigger discount on their cruise/drinks package/dining package or more free drinks on their seapass cards!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometime in 2009 as I recall. 

It was March 30, 2009.... I remember the date distinctly as it was the day I turned D!!!!!

In that September they introduced the Diamond Event with that trolley and bubbles and wine!

It will be interesting to see if the D+ are allowed in the CL or not on the unpopular, not selling well, Dubai cruises..!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

That sounds about right.  Pretty sure I became D in 2008 and a year later - puff - no more CL.

But we ended up loving the "Diamond Event".  The best one was on Freedom, held in the large forward lounge.  Just beer/wine/cheap bubbly and discounted drinks...plus "bar mix"...but wow we had a great time.  🙂   Met a lot of great people.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

We like the option of choosing between the DL and CL but if RC decides no more CLs or D+ will no longer have access to the CLs (fleetwide) no biggie for us as we prefer the DL over the CL on the ships we've cruised on so far. Freedom class is the biggest class and Radiance class (favorite) being the smallest class of ships we've cruised on. Rhapsody (vision class) will be the smallest class for us in March 2021. 

Agree my DS friend....we prefer the DL to the CL on Freedom and Vision class.  Though we like the DL on Radiance sisters, we prefer and would miss the half circle bar that is in the CL.  Most of the time it seems the DL is nuts (even with overflow) in the DL versus the CL on the Radiance ladies.  

Looking forward to your report on how you liked the DL on Rhapsody...we love that lounge!  🙂  And hopefully Alan will still be there when you board!  🍷🥂😎

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

If they kick the Pinns out of the DL it will help reduce the crowding 

😉

Sooo...where do they go?  Some "holier than thou" Suites pax already get their knickers in a bunch when the Pinnies are in the SL.  😮 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree my DS friend....we prefer the DL to the CL on Freedom and Vision class.  Though we like the DL on Radiance sisters, we prefer and would miss the half circle bar that is in the CL.  Most of the time it seems the DL is nuts (even with overflow) in the DL versus the CL on the Radiance ladies.  

Looking forward to your report on how you liked the DL on Rhapsody...we love that lounge!  🙂  And hopefully Alan will still be there when you board!  🍷🥂😎

Hoping we get to meet Alan February 8th!! Cheers!!

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sooo...where do they go?  Some "holier than thou" Suites pax already get their knickers in a bunch when the Pinnies are in the SL.  😮 

wow... guess I'll take my "Suite pin" off next time I enter the SL as to not cause anxiety for anyone 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Hoping we get to meet Alan February 8th!! Cheers!!

Oh that's right...drats...we are going to miss you by just one week.  You will love Alan.  He really goes out of his way to make everyone in the DL on Rhapsody feel welcome!  

• Like 1