Live Again from Oasis 1/12/2020 - No Dawgs, lots of CATS🐯

John&LaLa

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Went to see Frozen in Time tonight. Wonderful as ever. I've probably seen it almost as much as CATS, almost.

We had a new sand artist number. Thumbelina,  very good. Try and catch it if you sail Oasis.

IMHO...the sand artist is the best part of the show.  😉 

1 hour ago, booplesnoople said:

Okay I'm late to the party but Growltiger's Last Stand and The Awefull Battle of the Pekes and the Pollicles are my guesses for the cuts tonight too. 😂

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll miss Gridlebone

1 hour ago, Drock20J said:

The shimmy up in McCavity should not be missed hahaha!

1 hour ago, booplesnoople said:

And The Great Rumpus Cat? 

Are you guys speaking in weird Martian language? 😆

I kid, I kid......John said is was alright to start taking shots at Cats!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Are you guys speaking in weird Martian language? 😆

I kid, I kid......John said is was alright to start taking shots at Cats!

Take a look at the cats' names and tell me TS Eliot wasn't a Martian. Munkustrap, Bombalurina, Jellylorum...I can keep going but I think we get the point. 

Growltiger was a bravo cat who lived upon a barge, in fact he was the roughest cat that ever roamed at large!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question on the buffet. I have seen some food labels form the windjammer on adventure that have items containing nuts or vegan. What I am curious about is do they also label some buffet items as gluten free on the labels? 

Enjoying your review.

1 minute ago, cgolf1 said:

Question on the buffet. I have seen some food labels form the windjammer on adventure that have items containing nuts or vegan. What I am curious about is do they also label some buffet items as gluten free on the labels? 

Enjoying your review.

Sometimes, but if you really do need GF it is best to speak to the Windjammer Chef.  They can guide you and also make some special things for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometimes, but if you really do need GF it is best to speak to the Windjammer Chef.  They can guide you and also make some special things for you.

I can do that but it takes so long to get food, the signs are helpful. They had the signs on Celebrity and I didn't encounter any issues on that trip. I have had to wait up to 20 minutes to get a chef on both Disney and RCCL and then some are super helpful and others are fairly useless.

6 minutes ago, mmhardky said:

This is the first time I have seen it and I think it was amazing.  Maybe it was a tad too sophisticated for a cruise ship audience. Several people left during the show. 

I saw a couple dozen leave

• Haha 1

Before the show begins, you can read these slides on the history and premise of the show. 

Some of the data is from 2009😉

Sorry that its a little fuzzy

20200118_062311.jpg.11b56b057ce43b17e542baddf89f4c6a.jpg

20200118_062254.jpg.2f04953078c8fa4e343969df5d7884d9.jpg

20200118_062224.jpg.2087b37bbd892b2235994fa5b6d3401c.jpg

20200118_061923.jpg.82cb445e586cf2aff2ac4ee412e18c7f.jpg

20200118_061900.jpg.e78635b086ecf233021ea0a69c839c44.jpg

20200118_062010.jpg.ae76d5ab2247769af2c96562f6328537.jpg

20200118_061946.jpg.8752fb9e986a344dcabf91e5e21bf189.jpg

20200118_062030.jpg.eba3463fa5706cdf4c445d8bbe3e01c4.jpg

20200118_062058.jpg.af301332278c3dc5069962823e928cd6.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

On 1/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, John&LaLa said:

One Sky cancelled 

FWIW, the show is a piece of crap, and they are still working on it. This is a paraphrase from the CD😉

The CD also tells me that there is no weekly rehearsal for CATS,  so nothing for me to see prior to Friday night.

He wouldn't even confirm which numbers were removed to get it down to 90 minutes. Wants me to be surprised.  Does he not know who I am🤔🤣🤣🤣

Interesting. I liked the old show (Come fly with me?) but it got mediocre reviews, and I am just the common unwashed masses who know nothing and sleep in steerage, at least when I'm footing the bill.  I guess my point is, I can see why they replace a show that is not well-liked, but preferably NOT with something worse.  Also, haven't they, you know, been in this business a while? Why can't they use what they know of their own ships and the sea that is their second home, and plan / rehearse / perfect a decent show land side before it goes live? 

Also, I liked the old Aqua Theater show but like yourself, lived the 80s and that seems a promising enough theme, if they can in fact perform it safely.  First night of the cruise seems the safest time to book that one, before they leave shallow waters and things get rocky. 

Finally, yeah, nice to see how this abridged CATS show works out. Pretty amazing that they got approval to go that route, and might actually be able to keep most folks in the seats for about that much time.  Recently took my teen and a buddy of hers to see the movie, really mostly to join in the skewering.  If ever a show was destined to translate poorly from the advantages of live theater to the flat screen, this is that show.

Ship looks great, thanks John and Laura!

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1