Saving Your Chair

MsSoCalCruiser

This solo LOVES it! I'm thinking I need to follow your lead and bring a sign. Especially since others on the Pacific Northwest Coast cruise have stated that all seats in IC are taken by 5am. I'm not even alive until hours after that 😴

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This solo LOVES it! I'm thinking I need to follow your lead and bring a sign. Especially since others on the Pacific Northwest Coast cruise have stated that all seats in IC are taken by 5am. I'm not even alive until hours after that 😴

Amazon Prime!   I’m not trying to chair hog or anything but when we are solo you know how it is, can’t even get up to go to the restroom.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We have those chair clips that you can buy anywhere for our towels and use those and leave a book or something on the towel.

I also have the chair clips but I use a Kindle ; definitely would not want to leave that there.  I was hoping with the sign that they would realize that I was coming right back and not out for the afternoon.

• Like 1

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I was hoping with the sign that they would realize that I was coming right back and not out for the afternoon.

If we don't have a book we use sunscreen cans/tubes, something, as you would need to hold your sign down.  Needs something with weight if it's a sea day and wind is an issue. 

I left a sweater once & someone tried to move it 😶 so I would be concerned with leaving a kindle

Sometimes I think non-Solos think we're being chair hogs but we aren't. I don't want it all day just until I'm done with breakfast in the IC. I don't go to the buffet bc it's too hard to keep my place until done (sometimes I want 2nds)

• Like 1

Often I go on deck to read and relax, but my husband stays in the cabin. Therefore I am solo. If I have to leave my chair for a very short break, I ask the person in the next chair if they are staying for a while. Then I say that I will be back in a few minutes, but I always leave something on the chair (not a kindle!) so someone walking past gets the impression the chair is occupied. I wouldn't use the sign that is suggested.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Often I go on deck to read and relax, but my husband stays in the cabin. Therefore I am solo. If I have to leave my chair for a very short break, I ask the person in the next chair if they are staying for a while. Then I say that I will be back in a few minutes, but I always leave something on the chair (not a kindle!) so someone walking past gets the impression the chair is occupied. I wouldn't use the sign that is suggested.

I am also often up on deck by the pool by myself. When I head to the pool or elsewhere I usually put my thongs (to others I mean -jandels, flip flops, NZ safety boots) up on the lounger with my book or whatever else I have. It usually works.

14 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I am also often up on deck by the pool by myself. When I head to the pool or elsewhere I usually put my thongs (to others I mean -jandels, flip flops, NZ safety boots) 

Thanks for clarifying that - LOL!

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What do you do to save your chair if you are solo (or just alone doing your own thing) when you need to take a restroom break, quickly  go and grab a snack/drink, or another plate from the buffet?  I purchased this this for my next cruise; do you think it’s ok? 

73C1A901-5777-4799-BF42-41E70A7189A4.jpeg

Maybe you can use a washable sharpie to write when you plan to be back..........

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Maybe you can use a washable sharpie to write when you plan to be back..........

Agree - if I saw that sign, I'd still wonder how long it had been there.  I'd also think that it might belong to a determined chair hog and not a considerate person like the OP.  A dedicated chair hog might think that sign would keep people from moving their stuff.

24 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

This is a easy one for me. I just let my girl friend stay there until I get back. See photo. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

50EBEBBB-825B-4618-9D88-C7FA71835471.jpeg

Think I used to date her a long time ago....

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I usually chat with someone near me. I ask them if they will be around for 15 minutes and ask if they will watch my stuff for me. It always seems to work for me. I then do the same for them.

Exactly what I've done for quick bathroom breatks when DH was not with me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hobbyfarmer2,

Fugheddaboudit you were never that lucky to date my girl. 😁😁😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Maybe her twin sister then.....she had beautiful eyes....

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
  • Haha 2