Princess Wine By The Glass

silversneakers

2 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Anyone know how much a glass of Prisoner cab is on the ship or Caymus cab?  Trying to figure out if it is better to buy by the bottle.

Thrak has answered the "by the glass" option, however it is always cheaper to buy by the bottle.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, silversneakers said:

Anyone know how much a glass of Prisoner cab is on the ship or Caymus cab?  Trying to figure out if it is better to buy by the bottle.

The bottle will cost less. However. The lowest cost would be if you buy it and bring it with you. That for sure would be the smartest thing to do to save money. One bottle per guest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The bottle will cost less. However. The lowest cost would be if you buy it and bring it with you. That for sure would be the smartest thing to do to save money. One bottle per guest.

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Okay, since we are flying into LAX I guess I will have to try to find a place to purchase wine.  Do you know if you can also purchase wine in Hawaii and bring it onboard?

13 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

in CA., BevMo has a BOGO on many wines and they will box it for you.  All you need is tape & a Sharpie.  FYI, you will be charged corkage if you bring the free bottle into the MDR.

True re: the corkage fee, but since the ship's bottle prices are quite inflated as compared to the price on shore, the $15 corkage fee added to the lower price you paid for wine brought on board is still going to be less than Princess' price!!

As to wine by the glass …. As I recall, they ranged from $9 to $15 per glass, depending on you wine choice.

25 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

The MDR did not have many wine by the glass choices  on the Coral.

Which ships have Vines??? Haven't tried it yet.

OK I see that my next ship the Star has Vines so will look forward to using it for tasting!!

35 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

The MDR did not have many wine by the glass choices  on the Coral.

Which ships have Vines??? Haven't tried it yet.

From the Princess website.... 

Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Majestic, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Sapphire^ , Sky, Star Princess 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, Thrak said:

Looking at the wine menu located HERE I see that the 2016 Prisoner is $60 per bottle and the 2015 Caymus Cab is $108 per bottle. Neither is listed as being available by the glass.

The Prisoner is at least $66 now according to a menu picture I have.  The Caymus was $108, so perhaps the $60 was a typo. 

The Prisoner is about $40 at Total Wine, so $55 with a corkage fee, approximately.  Save $10 on just that one bottle.

16 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

When doing a B2B in March will I be charged for bringing the 2nd one onboard? (1 bottle each voyage). They have mine but if I can bring 2 on it's cheaper at Bevmo.com 

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Thanks for the list.

I looked on the web site but I guess my early morning eyes couldn't find it!

Can you take a glass of wine from Vines into the MDR at dinner or is that a "no no"??

Yes, no problem. The bartenders at the Vines will ask you to switch your glass from the Riedels used at the Vines to a standard wine glass to go. Sometimes, you may get a wait team in the MDR that will go to the Vines for refills for you, but that's not standard procedure - and sometimes you may be allowed to take your Riedel with you as long as you return it to the Vines, but that's not standard procedure either.

1 minute ago, loge23 said:

Yes, no problem. The bartenders at the Vines will ask you to switch your glass from the Riedels used at the Vines to a standard wine glass to go. Sometimes, you may get a wait team in the MDR that will go to the Vines for refills for you, but that's not standard procedure - and sometimes you may be allowed to take your Riedel with you as long as you return it to the Vines, but that's not standard procedure either.

Thanks!! I love tasting!!

3 hours ago, flamomo said:

True re: the corkage fee, but since the ship's bottle prices are quite inflated as compared to the price on shore, the $15 corkage fee added to the lower price you paid for wine brought on board is still going to be less than Princess' price!!

As to wine by the glass …. As I recall, they ranged from $9 to $15 per glass, depending on you wine choice.

Can you uncork from your cabin and bring a glass into the MDR?

I bring my own sommelier every cruise.  He knows exactly what I like.

We did like the Gold Package on our last cruise.  There were some wines that we continued to drink at home.

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

We did like the Gold Package on our last cruise.  There were some wines that we continued to drink at home.

Once you pay the corkage for any bottles beyond your two bottle limit or buy a wine bottle package, you can take a take a glass and drink it wherever you choose.  We always try to purchase the wine bottle package when it is available and ask to take a bottle or two to our room with us.  That way, we pour a glass to drink before dinner.  

8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Someone I am sure would know that. What we do is pour a full glass not 1/2 glass and just leave the room. 

17 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Okay, since we are flying into LAX I guess I will have to try to find a place to purchase wine.  Do you know if you can also purchase wine in Hawaii and bring it onboard?

Yes for Hawaii🙂  I always buy pineapple wine in Maui, and bring it onboard.  The same rules concerning one free per person, total for the cruise, apply.