Does NCL status match to other cruise lines?

cotomom

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

As they are totally independent they keep themselves to themselves.   I was always surprised that MSC would allow a match with NCL for that reason, no reciprocal agreement.

It is a way to draw loyalty conscious people to MSC, probably glad NCL does not reciprocate.  Seems to work well for RCI and Celebrity, can get Elite status on Celebrity by being Diamond (80 points) on RCI.

• Like 1

MSC is the only line that price matches, they will match to almost any status program including hotel loyalty programs. MSC reduced the matched levels in October 2018, NCL platinum used to match to the top tier but now only gold, it takes platinum plus to match top tier now.

The important thing with MSC (unlike NCL and others), status expires after 3 years of non-use like most hotel programs, use it or lose it, if you don't sail once every three years your status is wiped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

MSC is the only line that price matches, they will match to almost any status program including hotel loyalty programs. MSC reduced the matched levels in October 2018, NCL platinum used to match to the top tier but now only gold, it takes platinum plus to match top tier now.

The important thing with MSC (unlike NCL and others), status expires after 3 years of non-use like most hotel programs, use it or lose it, if you don't sail once every three years your status is wiped.

Not really true to say that MSC reduced the matched levels.

At the start, Platinum was NCL's highest tier...MSC status matched that to Black, their highest tier.

Then NCL made changes to their tiers adding Platinum Plus and Ambassador levels. Under the new structure, Platinum is now a mid-level tier...no longer the top. NCL took their loyalty members at the top of the chart and moved them down to the middle again. Doesn't make sense to match a mid-level tier to a top-level tier. MSC simply adjusted to NCL's new tier structure.

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

Not really true to say that MSC reduced the matched levels.

At the start, Platinum was NCL's highest tier...MSC status matched that to Black, their highest tier.

Then NCL made changes to their tiers adding Platinum Plus and Ambassador levels. Under the new structure, Platinum is now a mid-level tier...no longer the top. NCL took their loyalty members at the top of the chart and moved them down to the middle again. Doesn't make sense to match a mid-level tier to a top-level tier. MSC simply adjusted to NCL's new tier structure.

I'm sorry but it's completely true, it is not just NCL matches that were reduced, all hotels and cruise line matches were reduced in October 2018.

There is a sticky on the MSC board all the members have produced and you can see across the board, all levels were reduced when compared with the pre 2018 MSC status match PDF.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I'm sorry but it's completely true, it is not just NCL matches that were reduced, all hotels and cruise line matches were reduced in October 2018.

There is a sticky on the MSC board all the members have produced and you can see across the board, all levels were reduced when compared with the pre 2018 MSC status match PDF.

Since you mentioned NCL I think that SeaShark is correct. MSC matched NCLs highest level to Black (now Diamond) and they still match NCLs highest level to their highest level (now Diamond).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Since you mentioned NCL I think that SeaShark is correct. MSC matched NCLs highest level to Black (now Diamond) and they still match NCLs highest level to their highest level (now Diamond).

The reason has nothing to do with the new NCL levels which is what SeaShark said.

I was not wrong, it did not affect just NCL, it was an MSC policy change right across hotels and cruise lines.

At the same time NCL match was reduced, these following examples happened:

Carnival Diamond went from Black down to Gold

Celebrity Elite went from Black down to Gold

Hilton Diamond went from Black down to Gold

Marriott Gold went from Silver down to Classic

Marriott Titanium went from Black down to Silver

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

The reason has nothing to do with the new NCL levels which is what SeaShark said.

I was not wrong, it did not affect just NCL, it was an MSC policy change right across hotels and cruise lines.

How do you know that it has nothing to do with the new Latitudes levels? 

MSC still match NCLs highest level to their highest level. Nothing has really changed there.

I agree with you that the status match changed for other loyalty programs but you mentioned NCL and the status match hasn't really changed there because the highest level is still matched to the highest level. 

14 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

How do you know that it has nothing to do with the new Latitudes levels? 

Because the new Latitudes levels were in place long before the MSC change (Oct 2018).

I matched to Black, MSC's highest level, from NCL Platinum long after NCL had a Platinum plus level.

3 minutes ago, electro said:

Because the new Latitudes levels were in place long before the MSC change (Oct 2018).

I matched to Black, MSC's highest level, from NCL Platinum long after NCL had a Platinum plus level.

Maybe MSC took some time to change the matching levels. NCLs highest level is still matched to MSCs highest level.