Splendor! The Pre-Christening Inaugural Transatlantic Cruise! A LIVE Joint Blog!

Mr Rumor

Rich...I have enjoyed following the Blog of your journey across the Atlantic to Miami.  To be able to get a preview of the Splendor as Sharon and I gear up to head to Miami on 2/25 was terrific.  I know things get bittersweet at this point of a cruise, but I hope you and Ginny enjoy the remainder of the cruise and we all look forward to your further adventures.

• Like 1

This has been an amazing TAC.  The entertainment has been OUTSTANDING.  The Captain, Officers, Staff and Crew the very best.  Sorry to see so many good cruising friends leave tomorrow, but a last (for this time) great dinner with Rich & Ginny tonight in Prime 7 😊  Then the amazing 5 day Christening celebrations will begin - very exciting.....  

Look forward to meeting many of you boarding in Miami on Feb 25....  You will be AMAZED and ENTHRALLED .......  (the "tong - tongue" joke is NOT on Regent..!! - just thought you might like it!)

IMG_4762.jpg

84547024_10221485713233037_6150464094961926144_n.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

• Like 3

Our haul from the Regent Reward Prize Redemption just now: a charcoal cinch bag (40 points) and a global key chain (10 points). Thanks to our banker, Kwaj girl, for the extra several points!  (The leftover point gives us a start for our Splendor cruise No. 2 next year.)

8FA26352-B07B-4280-8B7A-CCE67D87C311.thumb.jpeg.abc47e76489d2c4f4a6e0442f0233569.jpeg

• Like 2

This has been a great thread. Thanks to all the posters for taking the time to post updates and photos. Very much appreciated and will be missed.

We board Splendor April in NY for our first TA. Hope the weather is as lovely then.

Enjoy your last evening onboard and safe journey home . Thanks for getting us all excited for our respective cruises.   Jean.

• Like 1

Thank you to all that have posted on the very first Splendor trip report.

Wishing Rich and Ginny and all others that are disembarking safe travels home.

Wishing Marcia (JAG 2003), and any others that may be staying on a wonderful next cruise!

Bob

• Like 1

Well, what a fab ending to our cruise!  I’m not just talking about the two-night Constellation stand by the Cavern Club Beatles...

45CC09F3-2CCD-441A-8220-6667CB40024D.thumb.jpeg.2ac35303ddd7b413cfd00b73af9cbea4.jpeg

1C9F67EA-1E75-49C6-B09B-6AD4179B6A39.thumb.jpeg.3506e1175f60ccb3e437529cf14dc0f0.jpeg

...And the special Constellation Theater Q&A today with Julia Baird, John Lennon’s half-sister and one of the seven directors of the legendary Liverpool club where the Beatles performed 292 times starting on February 7, 1961.

4982F127-BF3B-4CCD-AB7E-F71EB76DE7DC.thumb.jpeg.fa6888339032b8d56ce3c4d5dea0b52c.jpeg

I’m also referring to tonight’s early show in the Constellation—the “world premiere” of the Splendor Production Cast’s “Divos & Divas.”  The celebration, in song and dance, of vocalists ranging from Celine Dion to Freddy Mercury, Rod Stewart to Gloria Estefan, is a smash and a must see!  The Splendor cast is the best Regent Production Cast we’ve had the pleasure to be entertained by.  Their four months of rehearsals really shows in “Divos & Divas” and the three other productions that were on the schedule on this cruise.  For those of you who are Splendor bound, you are in store for a series of real treats!  

While there could be another post or three from one or more of us, I want to take the opportunity now to thank you on behalf of the team for following along, and for all your kind words.   We hope we served up enough tasty Splendor morsels to sate you until you have your chance to experience this beautiful ship and the extraordinary staff and crew.

Good night!

9643B5C6-1893-4767-938D-7D8D793CE1A3.thumb.jpeg.9055d98efc53447c65e216d187b8bae2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Rich and Ginny - travel home safely.  Thank you so much Rich for all the great photos, information and humour!   We really loved reading your posts.

Marcia - see you in San Diego!!  Have fun at the Christening and travel safely...on the Splendor.

Gerry

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 1teach53 said:

Rich, thank you so VERY much for your wonderful reporting! Always a pleasure to read. 
Please travel safe. 
Karen 

Thanks, Karen—wishing you and John a fantastic time on your maiden Splendor cruise!

• Like 1

I have so appreciated being ‘with’ you on this superb journey. It has become my morning routine over the past 14 days or so, to get up and immediately check the entries and photos that have posted overnight. We’re already so excited about our upcoming cruise on Splendor....and it’s not until December! Not sure how we can wait that long....so thanks again for inviting us into your lives on board Splendor. Happy onward travels, Claire.

• Like 2