Celebrity's Handling of their Millennium Sailing is SHAMEFUL!

BelloMundo

1 hour ago, anniegb said:

Neither have I.  I am curious what the premiums would be??

Annie

We always purchase insurance, but have never bought CFAR coverage because of the expense--on our trips, it's close to double the price of the standard insurance we purchase.  At a minimum, about 150% the price of standard.

4 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Upfront we know the New Route for the 02/29 sailing i was pissed because of the following

X denied boarding for pax transiting through HKG and our cruise was supposed to end there.... 

Now we go to Japan.... 

Apparently you do not have access to the information from the World Health Organization and The Center for Disease Control.  On TV this morning there were updates and new cases reported.  The cruise lines and airlines must follow the orders of the WHO, CDC and other health leaders.  It was also announced that Delta was cancelling flights.  

Sorry you don't understand or maybe don't care.

5 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Upfront we know the New Route for the 02/29 sailing i was pissed because of the following

X denied boarding for pax transiting through HKG and our cruise was supposed to end there.... 

Now we go to Japan.... 

We had to transit through HK in July to get to the Med from Australia. We would have been refused embarkation because of a 90 minute wait at the airport. We changed flights at great expense, just in case it’s still ongoing. 

Just a side note from what I read on a social media forum that Celebrity is now serving on the Millennium  Acqua Ale in place of Evian. It is according to the label a spring water bottled in China?? 

If true it just seems a little odd. And what is on the label raises a few questions.

acq.jpg

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fragilek said:

I'm 51 and almost un-insurable. For over 10 yrs  I have Lupus also Transverse Myelitis left me  weekend down left side so need a stick for walking.  The on new years day 2018 got Leukemia I have only found 3 places that would even give me a quote. So I sort of understand what they now charge me.  I just have to accept it if I want to go.

I have Lupus too plus APS - (blood clotting issue that creates DVTs randomly) and I never travel without Insurance. Costs me a lot of money too. 

Is insureandgo travel insurance company available in your country?

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Just a side note from what I read on a social media forum that Celebrity is now serving on the Millennium  Acqua Ale in place of Evian. It is according to the label a spring water bottled in China?? 

If true it just seems a little odd.

How in the heck would it be ‘odd’ using a bottle of spring water from China???? 

Please take a look at the labels on your clothes, electronics, iPhones.....a ton of items we all use could be contaminated? That’s not how it work by any stretch. 

i realize this will come across as being harsh but let’s be just a bit rational about this. 

den

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I have Lupus too plus APS - (blood clotting issue that creates DVTs randomly) and I never travel without Insurance. Costs me a lot of money too. 

Is insureandgo travel insurance company available in your country?

The lupus didn't cost too much (ish) it was the Leukemia that did the major damage . i got go-ahead to travel and flew out 5 days later (pic below 7 days after getting ok to go on holiday 1 month after last blood transfusion).  been traveling ever since. i had a year and a half of being stuck in hospital to catch up on.  lol

PS I had 157 blood transfusions that kept me alive for a whole year! - thank you to anyone who has been so selfless to do this xxxx

DSC00217.JPG

Edited by fragilek
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, fragilek said:

I'm 51 and almost un-insurable. For over 10 yrs  I have Lupus also Transverse Myelitis left me  weekend down left side so need a stick for walking.  The on new years day 2018 got Leukemia I have only found 3 places that would even give me a quote. So I sort of understand what they now charge me.  I just have to accept it if I want to go.

Sorry about your medical problems. Have you checked cruise line coverage? I know that on HAL it is a flat rate so a very good deal for elderly folks or those with medical issues. Not sure if Celebrity's coverage works the same way.

I know I'm jumping in here at the end of a long and often bitter conversation.  First, of course I sympathize with those whose plans are impacted, especially those sailing in a week or two.  At the same time, this is a very fluid, very rapidly developing situation that everyone is trying to adjust to.  There is no good solution.  We have also had a cruise cancelled (fairly) last minute and we had to deal with the chaos ensuing.  Ours was for a more mundane reason - a change in the refurbishment schedule.  I will grant you that it took a couple of weeks and some moaning and groaning but ultimately Celebrity figured it out and offered us reasonable compensation.  Cruise lines are scrambling, as are many other companies, to do their best to deal with a very bad situation.  Add the fact that let's be honest, we can't trust China to be honest with us about the real situation.  There are also many other cruise lines in the same boat so to speak - frantically trying to do what is best for the safety of their passengers and trying to re-route rather than cancel cruises if possible.  

I am not saying Celebrity is handling everything perfectly, but given the situation I think they are doing the best we can expect.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am not saying Celebrity is handling everything perfectly, but given the situation I think they are doing the best we can expect.  

They certainly could have come up with revised schedules sooner (like HAL did), but it's not a trivial thing having to completely reroute cruises. I was supposed to be on both sailings and am cancelling. I am obviously not happy, but the loss of Thailand and China made the sailings less attractive to me. Combined with the fact that my son is getting married 3 weeks after we return and the fear that the virus could get worse (possibly making me persona non grata at the wedding, even if I did not get sick), led me to decide that going to Asia at this time was not the right decision for me.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

They certainly could have come up with revised schedules sooner (like HAL did), but it's not a trivial thing having to completely reroute cruises. I was supposed to be on both sailings and am cancelling. I am obviously not happy, but the loss of Thailand and China made the sailings less attractive to me. Combined with the fact that my son is getting married 3 weeks after we return and the fear that the virus could get worse (possibly making me persona non grata at the wedding, even if I did not get sick), led me to decide that going to Asia at this time was not the right decision for me.

with our 2 girls getting married within the nest 14 months - I totally get that. 

59 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

How in the heck would it be ‘odd’ using a bottle of spring water from China???? 

Please take a look at the labels on your clothes, electronics, iPhones.....a ton of items we all use could be contaminated? That’s not how it work by any stretch. 

i realize this will come across as being harsh but let’s be just a bit rational about this. 

den

Good.. 

Unspecified dissolved solids and Silicic acid are not on most bottled water labels. 

Most bottled water can be researched for more specific content. NOT THIS ONE..

How about most of the latest drug recalls. Longest and most recent was the cancer causinbg rocket fuel found in a VERT popular blood pressure med. Finally getting back on the market after months and months.

I deal in drug recalls and you would e surprised how many and  how frequent they are and a lot originate in China, since most of our drugs (base ingredients) are produced there.

Edited by boscobeans

I can’t see how a bottle of water from China can be a substitute for Evian? I would refuse it. In Australia baby formulas are frequently stripped from shelves purchased for overseas import to mainland China because of formula contamination. Drinking water is much different to handling other products. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

We always purchase insurance, but have never bought CFAR coverage because of the expense--on our trips, it's close to double the price of the standard insurance we purchase.  At a minimum, about 150% the price of standard.

I just did a mock booking for insurance because I was curious about CFAR.  For $397 cost of insurance the CFAR was $80 for 50%.  For 75% it was $353.  And in my case I could not even purchase CFAR as you only have 15 days after initial deposit to book the insurance with CFAR.  It may be worth it at the 50% coverage but probably not at 75%.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

The Celebrity cruise protection plan, although personally it's totally inadequate for me in general, I believe will give you a FCC for 75% if you cancel for uncovered reasons.

That is typical for CFAR coverage you buy from insurance company. I believe with Holland America, you can buy their Platinum plan which covers you at 90%, otherwise it's 80%.

3 hours ago, fragilek said:

The lupus didn't cost too much (ish) it was the Leukemia that did the major damage . i got go-ahead to travel and flew out 5 days later (pic below 7 days after getting ok to go on holiday 1 month after last blood transfusion).  been traveling ever since. i had a year and a half of being stuck in hospital to catch up on.  lol

PS I had 157 blood transfusions that kept me alive for a whole year! - thank you to anyone who has been so selfless to do this xxxx

DSC00217.JPG

Edited by Huskydo
Error post

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I just did a mock booking for insurance because I was curious about CFAR.  For $397 cost of insurance the CFAR was $80 for 50%.  For 75% it was $353.  And in my case I could not even purchase CFAR as you only have 15 days after initial deposit to book the insurance with CFAR.  It may be worth it at the 50% coverage but probably not at 75%.

Yes...you have to buy it shortly after you book the cruise and put a dep down.  We add ins just before final payment b/c we book with a Refundable deposit so not eligible at that time for cfar..

Our main needs are evac,  repatriation of remains and extra med,...beyond trad cruise care coverage.  Esp b/c medicare does not cover out of US and neither does our supp ins.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

If true it just seems a little odd. And what is on the label raises a few questions.

acq.jpg

I saw this too but thought it was the regular spring water, not as a replacement for Evian?  The spring water on board is usually a local brand isn't it?  Would I be drinking this, maybe not, but when sailing from China, which is where this was from, I wouldn't be surprised by it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Quotes:

Unspecified dissolved solids and Silicic acid are not on most bottled water labels.......

I can’t see how a bottle of water from China can be a substitute for Evian? I would refuse it.......

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

What have these to do with CoronaVirus???

I guess it’s time to start posting every unfounded fear we can come up with.

Water? I follow your concerns, sort of, but please explain the connection with this thread. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

What has this to do with CoronaVirus???

I guess it’s time to start posting every unfounded fear we can come up with.

Water? I follow your concern, sort of, but please explain the connection with this thread. 

Den

Given Celebrity is now refusing to board anyone who just transits through Hong Kong airport (as we were going to do from Australia to catch our next cruise) , it surprises me that they are sourcing water from China. Not rocket science to connect those dots.  Others here are managing it. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Given Celebrity is now refusing to board anyone who just transits through Hong Kong airport (as we were going to do from Australia to catch our next cruise) , it surprises me that they are sourcing water from China. Not rocket science to connect those dots.  Others here are managing it. Corona virus is passed human-human and although it’s not fully know how long it’ll last outside a carrier, most viruses last very short times. 

Corona virus is passed human/human. They don’t know how long this virus can survive outside a carrier, but most viruses last very short times out in the exposed environment. 

and by the way, I helped develop rockets so So I Am A Rocket Scientist!!! 

Enough. This thread was started poorly and ending the same way. Outta here. 

den

• Like 2
  • Haha 1