RCL Stock

heidikay

12 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Last sale:

$90.28 x 100

Woohoo! I'm out of the red on this stock! OBC is all gravy now, BABY!!

In December 2019 it was trading at about $130.  I had bought in at around $25 in 2012, and so I sold it to take a pretty good profit at years end, intending to buy again the next drop.  In late February 2020 it was dropping (I didn't realize I was trying to catch a falling knife) and thought I was getting a deal when I bought back in at $97. I was thinking it was a temporary drop and would quickly get back up to the $130's.  Boy was I wrong.  I should have waited the two months and bought at $20.  Life lesson...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

In December 2019 it was trading at about $130.  I had bought in at around $25 in 2012, and so I sold it to take a pretty good profit at years end, intending to buy again the next drop.  In late February 2020 it was dropping (I didn't realize I was trying to catch a falling knife) and thought I was getting a deal when I bought back in at $97. I was thinking it was a temporary drop and would quickly get back up to the $130's.  Boy was I wrong.  I should have waited the two months and bought at $20.  Life lesson...

I just got out of the red as well.  Have bought and sold a couple of times many years ago.  What's even worse is that a few years ago my husband (RIP) thought it would be good to buy Carnival as well.  Don't even want to go there😱

On 6/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, John&LaLa said:

Had around $3300 OBC available on UWC for about a month, then Royal clawed it back to $1000. Doesn't pay to share windfalls on FB😉

Are they even clawing back for those that booked all the segments individually?

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just got out of the red as well.  Have bought and sold a couple of times many years ago.  What's even worse is that a few years ago my husband (RIP) thought it would be good to buy Carnival as well.  Don't even want to go there😱

I sold rcl and ccl, rcl at a profit and ccl at a big loss. Dumb me bought back into ccl at 21ish. It's now clawing it's way over $12. I'm waiting. I only have 100 shares now of rcl, in the green but nothing huge. Didnt buy either back very well. I didnt anticipate cdc would close cruising so long. ..but at least I'm getting obc. I'd guess I'm back in rcl at 77, but might be wrong. I'm just holding now. Paper wins and losses.  Rcl i have so many cruises I'm making a nice extra profit that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I bought at around $30 on the March 2020 TA

Ending up selling at around $60 in summer 2020 since cruising was dead

Bought back in last year in the $30's

That's paid for a lot of OBC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Closed at 90.72 today

And as of today. Nasdaq says ... strong buy...

Out of 14 analysts, 7 (50%) are recommending RCL as a Strong Buy, 2 (14.29%) are recommending RCL as a Buy, 4 (28.57%) are recommending RCL as a Hold, 0 (0%) are recommending RCL as a Sell, and 1 (7.14%) are recommending RCL as a Strong Sell.

20 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Out of 14 analysts, 7 (50%) are recommending RCL as a Strong Buy, 2 (14.29%) are recommending RCL as a Buy, 4 (28.57%) are recommending RCL as a Hold, 0 (0%) are recommending RCL as a Sell, and 1 (7.14%) are recommending RCL as a Strong Sell.

We bought at $16 way back when, then it dropped to $5.  Wifey said, "let's buy more."  What the hell  does she know?  🤪 

As long as I'm sailing either Royal or Celebrity, I'm not selling my 100 shares.  My kids will inherit whatever.  🤑  

• Like 1

"

Royal Caribbean Group extended its investment in OceanScope, an open-source data program that provides scientists critical information to study climate and ocean conservation.

The four-year extension was announced on World Oceans Day.

This continues a collaboration with key program partners including the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric and Earth Science, NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and builds on more than 20 years of ocean and marine life research from Royal Caribbean Group ships. 

Data from oceanographic/meteorological instruments on the ships

OceanScope leverages oceanographic and meteorological instruments on the ships to capture a continuous, simultaneous collection of vital signs such as the structure of currents, sea surface temperature, carbon dioxide concentrations and salinity. Taken along repeating ship routes, the data allow scientists to monitor changes over seasons, years and decades.

'At Royal Caribbean Group, every day is World Oceans Day, and we are thrilled to renew a program as impactful to oceanic research as OceanScope,' said Jason Liberty, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean Group.

OceanScope's open-source database is available to the scientific research community worldwide. The resulting data products and peer-reviewed research are key to informing ocean and conservation policy. 

Helped verify ocean acidification

Launched in 2002, the program helped verify for the first time that ocean acidification, a reduction in pH over an extended period caused primarily by carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, was occurring in the Caribbean Sea but at varying rates. Ocean acidification is detrimental to oysters, clams, sea urchins, shallow water corals, deep sea corals and calcareous plankton. This is an ongoing concern for the entire food chain.

'We are most grateful to renew our successful collaboration with Royal Caribbean Group,” said Dr. Peter Ortner, research professor of marine biology and ecology at the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric and Earth Science. 'This is an extraordinary example of how private industry, academic research institutions and government agencies are collaborating to amass an incredibly valuable dataset highlighting the intricate connection between the ocean, atmosphere, and climate.'

Four cruise ships and company-wide passenger education

As of 2023, data have been collected from more than 100,000 nautical miles sailed by four ships traveling across the Caribbean, in the Galápagos, the North Atlantic and the Mediterranean. Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas and Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Flora and Celebrity Equinox are currently providing data to scientists at NOAA, the Rosenstiel School and the community at large.

Royal Caribbean Group intends to share the program’s learning to its more than 8m passengers annually in an effort to increase ocean 'literacy.'

NASA and NOAA programs

'Looking at Earth’s ocean’s from space and leveraging in situ observations enabled by projects like OceanScope is what allows us to build robust knowledge of ocean’s role in climate, which controls our planet’s heat, energy and water,' said Dr. Nadya Vinogradova Shiffer, lead of NASA’s Climate Variability and Change Focus Area and program director of the NASA Ocean Physics program.

'Sustained and systematic operations with automated instruments on a variety of platforms, including this innovative collaboration, is a key to maintaining and strengthening the World Meteorological Organization’s and Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission’s Global Ocean Observing System to which  NOAA is a major contributor,' added Rik Wanninkhof, a NOAA senior scientist and ocean carbon expert at the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory.

In particular, he said the CO2, surface temperature and salinity data from Royal Caribbean Group’s ships are 'major contributors to these ocean observing networks to determine the ocean’s carbon sink strength and ocean acidification.'

SEA the Future

Beyond OceanScope, Royal Caribbean's SEA the Future platform is actively working to decarbonize the cruise operator's business through innovation, collaborative partnerships and a transition to cleaner fuels, smarter technologies and improved energy efficiencies.

The company has committed to reaching net-zero operations by 2050 and to a net-zero emissions cruise ship by 2035

Royal Caribbean Group extends OceanScope climate-monitoring work (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:04 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Thanks for the info. Was planning on holding, but now that I see the ‘strong buy’ crap, our sell order will execute Monday morning.  Contrarian for sure….picked it up when it was almost consider a junk stock as well. If analysts are so good, they wouldn’t need to be working as…analysts (IMO). 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

"

Royal Caribbean Group extended its investment in OceanScope, an open-source data program that provides scientists critical information to study climate and ocean conservation.

The four-year extension was announced on World Oceans Day.

This continues a collaboration with key program partners including the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric and Earth Science, NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and builds on more than 20 years of ocean and marine life research from Royal Caribbean Group ships. 

Data from oceanographic/meteorological instruments on the ships

OceanScope leverages oceanographic and meteorological instruments on the ships to capture a continuous, simultaneous collection of vital signs such as the structure of currents, sea surface temperature, carbon dioxide concentrations and salinity. Taken along repeating ship routes, the data allow scientists to monitor changes over seasons, years and decades.

'At Royal Caribbean Group, every day is World Oceans Day, and we are thrilled to renew a program as impactful to oceanic research as OceanScope,' said Jason Liberty, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean Group.

OceanScope's open-source database is available to the scientific research community worldwide. The resulting data products and peer-reviewed research are key to informing ocean and conservation policy. 

Helped verify ocean acidification

Launched in 2002, the program helped verify for the first time that ocean acidification, a reduction in pH over an extended period caused primarily by carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, was occurring in the Caribbean Sea but at varying rates. Ocean acidification is detrimental to oysters, clams, sea urchins, shallow water corals, deep sea corals and calcareous plankton. This is an ongoing concern for the entire food chain.

'We are most grateful to renew our successful collaboration with Royal Caribbean Group,” said Dr. Peter Ortner, research professor of marine biology and ecology at the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric and Earth Science. 'This is an extraordinary example of how private industry, academic research institutions and government agencies are collaborating to amass an incredibly valuable dataset highlighting the intricate connection between the ocean, atmosphere, and climate.'

Four cruise ships and company-wide passenger education

As of 2023, data have been collected from more than 100,000 nautical miles sailed by four ships traveling across the Caribbean, in the Galápagos, the North Atlantic and the Mediterranean. Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas and Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Flora and Celebrity Equinox are currently providing data to scientists at NOAA, the Rosenstiel School and the community at large.

Royal Caribbean Group intends to share the program’s learning to its more than 8m passengers annually in an effort to increase ocean 'literacy.'

NASA and NOAA programs

'Looking at Earth’s ocean’s from space and leveraging in situ observations enabled by projects like OceanScope is what allows us to build robust knowledge of ocean’s role in climate, which controls our planet’s heat, energy and water,' said Dr. Nadya Vinogradova Shiffer, lead of NASA’s Climate Variability and Change Focus Area and program director of the NASA Ocean Physics program.

'Sustained and systematic operations with automated instruments on a variety of platforms, including this innovative collaboration, is a key to maintaining and strengthening the World Meteorological Organization’s and Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission’s Global Ocean Observing System to which  NOAA is a major contributor,' added Rik Wanninkhof, a NOAA senior scientist and ocean carbon expert at the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory.

In particular, he said the CO2, surface temperature and salinity data from Royal Caribbean Group’s ships are 'major contributors to these ocean observing networks to determine the ocean’s carbon sink strength and ocean acidification.'

SEA the Future

Beyond OceanScope, Royal Caribbean's SEA the Future platform is actively working to decarbonize the cruise operator's business through innovation, collaborative partnerships and a transition to cleaner fuels, smarter technologies and improved energy efficiencies.

The company has committed to reaching net-zero operations by 2050 and to a net-zero emissions cruise ship by 2035

Royal Caribbean Group extends OceanScope climate-monitoring work (seatrade-cruise.com)

WIith all of these activities and resources people made a big deal out of RCI canning its weatherman?😄

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 5:30 AM, bucfan2 said:

Thanks for the info. Was planning on holding, but now that I see the ‘strong buy’ crap, our sell order will execute Monday morning.  Contrarian for sure….picked it up when it was almost consider a junk stock as well. If analysts are so good, they wouldn’t need to be working as…analysts (IMO). 

I will be putting in trailing stop loss for a $1 drop as soon as it crosses the $100 mark. Bought it for $26 back in  April 2020 using my tax return money. Bought Tesla the same day, RCL is way up, Tesla took off like a spaceX rocket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

I will be putting in trailing stop loss for a $1 drop as soon as it crosses the $100 mark. Bought it for $26 back in  April 2020 using my tax return money. Bought Tesla the same day, RCL is way up, Tesla took off like a spaceX rocket. 

Good for you.  !/2 gone at $70, other half this morning (w/ exception of 100 for benefit, which we hold).  Objective met and we don't what-if...although a trailing stop would generally have protected the objective.  5yr plan that came to fruition much sooner.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

$100 barrier is passed.

Currently holding 200 shares at $79. I'll be hanging on to 100 shares of RCL for the OBC until the end of time, but I might sell 100 shares if it goes up another $10 or so. That'll cover the cost of a cruise for me and the wife!

I have 200 shares bought in March 2020 at $21.  If I do sell shares, I will keep 100 for the OBC.  I will earn enough stock OBC by the end of this year to cover the cost of the stock purchase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I have 200 shares bought in March 2020 at $21.  If I do sell shares, I will keep 100 for the OBC.  I will earn enough stock OBC by the end of this year to cover the cost of the stock purchase.

Did the same, bought it in March 2020 for $24.  Put in a $2 trailing stop loss this afternoon.  Might get stoped out tomorrow but I will be up $76 per share. Investors get rich, pigs get slaughtered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Did the same, bought it in March 2020 for $24.  Put in a $2 trailing stop loss this afternoon.  Might get stoped out tomorrow but I will be up $76 per share. Investors get rich, pigs get slaughtered. 

Nice profit and good advice

I'm out at 104.20. Its flying on air not profits. Delta  said profits up so all the cruise stocks followed.

We will see if I'm wrong. I plan on buying back shares lower. Traders gotta trade .. it's just a day traders trade. Moving higher now  .. 

104.41 . . 

• Like 1