RCL Stock

heidikay

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

Who knows.  It’s the stock market.  It’s consistently inconsistent.  Could be $46.41, $40, $30, $25, $20.

It’s basically a game.  It goes up when they cancel cruises half the time.   Just buy in when you are comfortable and sell when you feel you made enough.  It is nearly impossible to time the exact peak or trough.

I got it when it hit $28.00 wish I purchased 200 instead of 100. If it ever goes anywhere near that again I will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Yesterday’s RCL close was $46.41 per share.  How low will it go this time?

The after hours trading has it down to $45.50.  It could hit the $30s during the week.  I would consider getting back in at $30.  The $100 OBC perk is not a big deal, but it's a nice dividend if you buy in at $25 or less ($2,500 investment) if you cruise once or twice a year.  

4 hours ago, Empehi said:

What to do about RCL stock?

The only reason at this time to own RCL is for the OBC that can be applied to a shareholder's reservations. Plus only own 100 shares ... the minimum to get this benefit.

Finally, there is also a possibility that RCL will eliminate this perk.

More likely they will increase the minimum from 100 shares to...???

4 hours ago, Empehi said:

13 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

It's easy to say "re-buy".  It's more difficult to say at what price.  Is it $35, $25, or lower than that?

Whatever price you feel comfortable with.  When buying stocks and selling at a higher price, everyone's gain is different. Buy and Sell when you are happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

RCL stock is back up to $50. In related news:

The TUI Group completed the sale of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises to its TUI Cruises joint venture with the Royal Caribbean Group for an enterprise value estimated at €1.2bn.

This expands their joint venture which has developed successfully since 2008.

All approvals including merger clearance by the EU commission have been fulfilled. The deal, announced in February, closed in a difficult market environment on the terms and conditions agreed, a 50-50 split. The transfer of the individual Hapag-Lloyd Cruises vessels to the joint venture will be completed in the coming days.

Business as usual

In its new setup, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises will continue to provide luxury and expedition cruises to German-speaking markets. The fleet currently consists of the luxury ships Europa and Europa 2 and three expedition cruise vessels, Hanseatic Nature, Hanseatic Inspiration and Bremen.

Expedition newbuild Hanseatic Spirit is scheduled for 2021 delivery, to replace Bremen, which will move to VIVA Cruises to sail as Seaventure.

TUI Cruises also serves the premium segment in German-speaking markets with the seven-ship Mein Schiff fleet.

And in more related news:

Goodbye, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Hello, Royal Caribbean Group.

The corporate entity comprised of Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara, Silversea, TUI Cruises and Pullmantur is now called Royal Caribbean Group.

A more modern expression

'We felt switching to Royal Caribbean Group is a more modern expression. Modifying and updating the crown and anchor and the company name seemed practical and useful to us,' spokesman Rob Zeiger told Seatrade Cruise News.

'We're rolling it out slowly,' he added.

Recent news releases have used Royal Caribbean Group, the corporate site already has the new branding, and the Twitter handle has changed from @RCLcorp to @NewsfromRCgroup, but RCLinvestor.com hasn't switched over yet.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:31 AM, hubofhockey said:

It's easy to say "re-buy".  It's more difficult to say at what price.  Is it $35, $25, or lower than that?

Exactly.  And if you find yourself coming to CC for investment advice.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

The world is a wonderful, fascinating place. Personally, I see nothing but bad news for RCL every day. But obviously a lot of investors see the opposite. Hopefully they are right and I am wrong. 

I agree, but its like playing roulette and i cant bring my self to take my chips off the table even thought it will probably end badly...  Let it ride!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Other that the circle around the crown and Anchor, any other changes to the logo?

M8

Use google images for the old logo. The anchor looks a little more streamlined now. Not as square.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Exactly.  And if you find yourself coming to CC for investment advice.....

Precisely,

A message board for a cruise line is the last place to look for unbiased advice about a cruising stock!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The TUI Group completed the sale of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises to its TUI Cruises joint venture with the Royal Caribbean Group for an enterprise value estimated at €1.2bn.

I know this deal was stuck several  months ago, but awful tough time for Royal to have to part with 600MM euros.

RCCL filing with the SEC today:

On July 9, 2020, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (“RCL”) acquired the 33.33% interest in Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. that it did not already own (the “Silversea Shares”). Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. is now a wholly owned subsidiary of RCL. As consideration for the Silversea Shares, RCL issued to Heritage Cruise Holding Ltd. (the “Seller”), an affiliate of Mr. Lefebvre, five million two hundred thousand (5,200,000) shares of common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of RCL (the “RCL Shares”). This issuance was exempt from registration under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), pursuant to Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act. The Seller represented to RCL that it is an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501 of the Securities Act and that it is acquiring the RCL Shares for its own account for investment and not with a view towards distribution in a manner which would violate the Securities Act or any applicable state or other securities laws. Any share certificates or book-entry evidence representing the RCL Shares shall bear an appropriate legend or notation.

Pursuant to the agreement governing the acquisition of the Silversea Shares and the issuance of the RCL Shares, among other things, the parties terminated any obligation of RCL to issue to the Seller any contingent consideration in connection with RCL’s acquisition of a 66.67% interest in Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. on July 31, 2018.

• Thanks 1

This should make RCG creditors happy, adding SilverSea assets to balance sheet and paying with stock, not cash.

This deal and the TUI one were negotiated a while back, but curious how RCG adds to fleet through (admittedly small) acquisitions while CCL delays new builds and announces plans to divest 13 ships totaling 9% of their total berths.

• Like 1