“Cruise With Confidence”- cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing

dkjretired

4 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Just got off the phone, escalated to supervisor, no way to cancel my cruise tomorrow as they've already locked in the manifest to the port authority to PR. I can cancel the flights and get a 70% refund but nothing for the cruise. I don't know how these other people got a FCC?

"no way to cancel my cruise tomorrow as they've already locked in the manifest to the port authority to PR"

That line is total garbage.  Makes no sense.  Manifest only says who to expect.  Doesn't mean you MUST show.  Celebrity is trying to do this to avoid lawsuits from people who have to decide between financial loss or showing up and hoping things go ok.  My folks were due to leave tomorrow and had NO issue whatsoever getting an FCC from Celebrity just for asking.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

"no way to cancel my cruise tomorrow as they've already locked in the manifest to the port authority to PR"

That line is total garbage.  Makes no sense.  Manifest only says who to expect.  Doesn't mean you MUST show.  Celebrity is trying to do this to avoid lawsuits from people who have to decide between financial loss or showing up and hoping things go ok.  My folks were due to leave tomorrow and had NO issue whatsoever getting an FCC from Celebrity just for asking.  

I agree, but that's the answer I got. Sh*t out of luck they basically said.

Can the Future cruise credit be applied to an already booked cruise...?

What is the time period to use the FCC? If we cancel now, can  we apply the full credit to our already booked cruise for Jan 2021?

We are  now in the 75% penalty period, and want to decide before we move into the 100% period ( 30 days).   Much as we want our Summit cruise to happen, we are in the age risk group for the virus,  just went through misery with the regular flu (despite flu shots);  and are most  fearful of being confined on a ship even if we ourselves do not get sick. Pondering options!

Edited by hcat

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

What is the time period to use the FCC? If we cancel now, can  we apply the full credit to our already booked cruise for Jan 2021?

From the press release:

Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest’s choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings.

11 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo
President and CEO
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

Can also try: Tanji Smith, Executive Office, Celebrity Cruises, 877-290-5881

Secondary Contact
Jason Liberty
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
jliberty@celebritycruises.com

Chief Executive
Richard D. Fain
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
rfain@rccl.com

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

The only downside I see is that those of us who want to tough it out so to speak but may have to cancel last minute may find our options next year much pricier than if we just give up now and rebook.

I was waiting for this announcement in order to get the FCC instead of cancelling at 75% penalty, and already had a "Plan B" in place -- put a hold on a May 2021 Apex cruise, while the prices are still "reasonable".

I think many will take the FCC like me, and the rates for the next year will skyrocket...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I am glad that the update let you know not to trust Celebrity, although after insulting me you told me to ask them for the answer.    We are having adult discussions here.  I expect participants to display a bare minimum of respect and in discussion facts matter.  You may want to examine how you speak to people moving forward.  Your choice.  

Thanks for the lecture, L. 🙄

52 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Interesting again. Apparently not everyone is getting the treatment previously reported. 😒 Maybe the original press release was correct after all, but some get different treatment.

What have you decided to do?

Edited by hrhdhd

18 minutes ago, yogainthegarden said:

I heard a rumor that Cruise with Confidence is only available outside of the US.  Can anyone confirm this?  I was just starting to relax regarding our upcoming cruise in 3 weeks.

I don't know where you heard the rumour, but it's incorrect.

21 minutes ago, yogainthegarden said:

I heard a rumor that Cruise with Confidence is only available outside of the US.  Can anyone confirm this?  I was just starting to relax regarding our upcoming cruise in 3 weeks.

Here is the link to Royal’s website. The first Q&A says  “any cruise”.

Second Q&A says  all sailings.....from any port”.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Not Celebrity but the Grand Princess moored out of SFO. Of the 40 odd people tested, there are 21 positive results of which 19 are crew. Now they are moving the ship to a berth and all will be tested. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/vp-pence-says-21-people-on-the-grand-princess-cruise-ship-off-california-coast-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus.html

I'm struggling to see how Celebrity and all cruise lines, can deal with this for the moment. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

From the press release:

Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest’s choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings.

Thanks

That will fit with our Jan 2021 cruise.,hope that's enough time for things to resolve.

If they go bankrupt we would lose that and sev other $900 dep for future cruises! Gov wll bail everyone out..ha ha!

There is alot to it, even without airfare or hotels.

Guess we will also lose our $300 Cruise booking OBC from X and perks, plus cost of Cruisecare ( paid  sep as NY resident). 

DH is cancelling our specialty dining and pre paid port excursions so they will go directly back onto our credit card.  Once that is accomplished we will pull the plug on Summit and be done with it!  How this will run smoothly, I do not know!?

Just read on Celebrity website that you get 100% of applicable cancellation penalties if you cancel with 48+ hours notice. Has anyone spoken to either Celebrity or a Travel agent to discuss nonrefundable deposits?  I have spent about $ 5,000 in non-refundable deposits. These monies were part of the cruise fairs. If I cancel, do I get the non-refundable deposits as a FCC?  Everything I read on the site, said you could get 100% of the fare back (less perks) either as a CC refund or a FCC.

34 minutes ago, JOHN474 said:

Just read on Celebrity website that you get 100% of applicable cancellation penalties if you cancel with 48+ hours notice. Has anyone spoken to either Celebrity or a Travel agent to discuss nonrefundable deposits?  I have spent about $ 5,000 in non-refundable deposits. These monies were part of the cruise fairs. If I cancel, do I get the non-refundable deposits as a FCC?  Everything I read on the site, said you could get 100% of the fare back (less perks) either as a CC refund or a FCC.

You get non-refundable deposits back as FCC.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Q: Does Cruise with Confidence work with Non-Refundable Deposits?

A: Yes. There are no restrictions with regard to Refundable/Non-Refundable fares.

43 minutes ago, JOHN474 said:

This is true only for cruises with departures BEFORE July 31. 2020. I would expect that it will be reviewed and possibly (likely?) changed going forward as more is known about the situation. But that’s the terms to date.

6 minutes ago, cruising teacher80 said:

So if we have already made our final payment and decide to cancel will we get 100% of the cruise price as future credit? I am still a little fuzzy on how this will all work.

The short answer is "yes" if within the stated dates.
All the answers you seek can be found here,

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence