Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They need to keep investors pumping money into this ponzi cruise scheme and keep the company afloat.

I think it is harsh (and inaccurate) to label the cruise companies as running a 'ponzi' scheme. I agree that they need more funds to come in, some in the way of deposits, but that is quite different from a ponzi scheme where new investors' money is used to pay dividends to early investors to keep them quiet. The key point is that all the investors lose their money. That description does not apply to cruise lines.

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it is harsh (and inaccurate) to label the cruise companies as running a 'ponzi' scheme. I agree that they need more funds to come in, some in the way of deposits, but that is quite different from a ponzi scheme where new investors' money is used to pay dividends to early investors to keep them quiet. The key point is that all the investors lose their money. That description does not apply to cruise lines.

Not so sure re not losing money. Some on here have been waiting 6 months for refunds, from cruise lines and travel agents. Still wrong of the cruise lines taking cruise deposits for cruises they know are unliklely to happen.

Giving clients cruise credit for cancelled cruises is not acceptable IMO, many do not wish to 🚢 again. Should be mandatory to give refunds in cash, nothing less.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not so sure re not losing money. Some on here have been waiting 6 months for refunds, from cruise lines and travel agents. Still wrong of the cruise lines taking cruise deposits for cruises they know are unliklely to happen.

I agree that the length of time some people have had to wait for refunds is unreasonable.

What are the earliest cruises now being offered? From what I can see on the schedules for Princess, RCL and P&O Aust the earliest cruises currently on offer are near the end of October. I think it is reasonable for the cruise lines to hope that they are operating by that time. Many people booking are using FCCs to book so the cruise lines are not taking deposits and I don't think anyone can be sure that cruises at the end of October, or in November and December are unlikely to happen. Maybe the odds are 50/50 or even bit better for domestic cruises.

10 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Whilst you are framing the odd's, may I have the odd's for a Princess cruise to New Zealand in mid-February 2022. 🤞 Thanks 😉

We could place some bets on the NZ cruise. 🙂 Off the cuff, I feel you have around an 80% chance of the cruise happening. I think we are going to see big changes in the cruising industry by the end of this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

We could place some bets on the NZ cruise. 🙂 Off the cuff, I feel you have around an 80% chance of the cruise happening. I think we are going to see big changes in the cruising industry by the end of this year.

I like your optimism. Let's hope you are on the money.🙏

21 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Celebrity is selling cruises on Eclipse out of Sydney starting in mid October of this year, I'm thinking that will be a neat trick. I guess everyone needs a goal.

I you look at some of the prices on their cruise planner, something is going on.

The booze package is $AU 105 a day.

They must be confident the cruises are going to happen.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I you look at some of the prices on their cruise planner, something is going on.

Blackduck mentioned that Celebrity is selling cruises out of Sydney starting in mid October. RCL has cruises from mid October and Princess has cruises from the last week of October. Maybe this indicates that the cruise companies are optimistic that cruising might re-start then. The Aussie vaccination schedule is supposed to be complete by October. This could be giving the cruise companies confidence that they will be able to re-start.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Blackduck mentioned that Celebrity is selling cruises out of Sydney starting in mid October. RCL has cruises from mid October and Princess has cruises from the last week of October. Maybe this indicates that the cruise companies are optimistic that cruising might re-start then. The Aussie vaccination schedule is supposed to be complete by October. This could be giving the cruise companies confidence that they will be able to re-start.

Something is going on ,RCG apac is recruiting all positions.

6912DB86-E688-499D-9F2A-CB652CB952B1.thumb.png.b10e00dccc7009565193168a5db33d39.png5BB57268-961D-4122-90F5-4E511AD94363.thumb.png.01c0074ad2c26622ba5c531eb4f76067.png43DEB8EC-0AAF-440C-84DE-2D667DCE6B3F.thumb.png.c0453473719230a581f2dbd6fc088b58.png7EF124D2-86C5-47A3-85F0-C17AB146016A.thumb.png.32e8e19db43197fede21cc33358ef97d.png

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Celebrity has shifted to "Always Included" Classic beverage package, Gratuities and WI FI. I think the price I saw on the Celebrity Canada site was $3969.00 CAD for the 14 night cruise we are booked on, that is for a veranda stateroom, probably the lowest "category" of Veranda. Our A1 Veranda was $4,379.00 per person, we booked before the "Always Included" thing but we do have the same 3 perks and $300.00 OBC. I just checked our invoice and we rescheduled our trip back in August so we put an $800.00 bet that we would be going on this trip (of course the deposit is refundable.

35 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Interesting that Azamara is still at the bottom of the page.

I believe they are going to keep Azamara under their wing .

From what I understand RCG are going to assist the start up with bookings ,provisions ,staff, ect

They are recruiting crew and staff for Azamara

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Celebrity has shifted to "Always Included" Classic beverage package, Gratuities and WI FI. I think the price I saw on the Celebrity Canada site was $3969.00 CAD for the 14 night cruise we are booked on, that is for a veranda stateroom, probably the lowest "category" of Veranda. Our A1 Veranda was $4,379.00 per person, we booked before the "Always Included" thing but we do have the same 3 perks and $300.00 OBC. I just checked our invoice and we rescheduled our trip back in August so we put an $800.00 bet that we would be going on this trip (of course the deposit is refundable.

I know Celebrity is mostly inclusive  and the prices are pretty over the top Lyle.

If someone doesn’t drink and wants to get away from the internet they are better off with RC .There isn’t that much difference,at half the price.

We have a 12 night cruise on Ovation around NZ in December and we paid $A 1800 each for a balcony. 

Maybe you should consider it with plan  `C’.   LOL

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I know Celebrity is mostly inclusive  and the prices are pretty over the top Lyle.

If someone doesn’t drink and wants to get away from the internet they are better off with RC .There isn’t that much difference,at half the price.

We have a 12 night cruise on Ovation around NZ in December and we paid $A 1800 each for a balcony. 

Maybe you should consider it with plan  `C’.   LOL

well the biggest difference is that Ovation of the Seas has almost twice the passenger load. Eclipse is about as big as I want.

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Well I hope everybody guesses are right... we have Princess Nov 2021 booked

Next question  what Ship ?? Was to be Sapphire.... or will it be the Grand

and will we get our cabin ??

I too am on that cruise.  Sapphire is still hanging out with P&O ships off Singapore and has not gone back to USA so should be her.  My cabin was guarantee in Black Friday sale so any will do.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

well the biggest difference is that Ovation of the Seas has almost twice the passenger load. Eclipse is about as big as I want.

I remember on Ovation at the captains party their was about 3,000 people.

The free champagne was flowing and there was the big stupid arrogant American strutting around with jet lagged dumb look on his face.
 Demanding the captain.

I said you look like you are lost mate ,He said he was from some city ??and we don’t get lost.

I said that in Canada isn’t it?
He replied I’ve been a US senator for so many years, blah,blah.

I replied a Canadian can’t be a US senator.

Our relationship didn’t go very far.