Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Not enough cruise related content I would imagine.

Anyway, returning to the thread title, I see a Federal election as happening on either May 14th or 21st 2022. As late as can be, so as to allow Morrison to remove as much of the lingering odour of his pandemic efforts as possible.

Give them a few weeks to settle in after the inevitable cabinet reshuffle (or who knows maybe even a new government?), then I think they will tell the cruise lines to start up in 3 months.

So my prediction for a restart of Australian cruising is 1st October 2022.

It would be a fascinating time to be a fly on the wall of the Federal Government. Aust Cruising would be very low on their priorities as they

battle the pandemic. 

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Just wondering   what will the main conversation will be this time next year......???

Barrel chairs. butter... formal nights... this medallion thingie...( they are being back cruise cards )

well one can dream.........     but first the red and white boat....  

Don

Tipping ??????🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

Fair enough Gut.  Well after 22 cruises worldwide and a heap of other travel here and overseas I have made a decision not to cruise any more or take any big trips.   Due to health and financial constraints, having to support my son whose travel business Chimu has almost crashed and my daughter who has had to take 4 months off work to do an unpaid placement in a hospital as part of her Masters Degree in Social work (Counselling etc.)

I will probably hang around CC for a bit for some social interaction, if you know what I mean.😢

I know exactly what you mean mate, I dream of cruising again, but really doubt it will happen, rarely leave the house now, so CC is some of my limited soluble interaction. Let’s be Frank I’m a bit younger than you, but in many ways waaaaay older and to be honest over it all, just pure worn out, thought all the physical ***** was bad, but now add in the mental and emotional that these strokes are causing and enough is enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I know exactly what you mean mate, I dream of cruising again, but really doubt it will happen, rarely leave the house now, so CC is some of my limited soluble interaction. Let’s be Frank I’m a bit younger than you, but in many ways waaaaay older and to be honest over it all, just pure worn out, thought all the physical ***** was bad, but now add in the mental and emotional that these strokes are causing and enough is enough.

I’m sorry to hear that you have been suffering mentally and emotionally following your strokes.  I’m glad you have that beautiful little dog to keep you company.  

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I cannot remember  what I said at first, but I bet I am way off now.

The prediction I made 15 months ago was way off. I recall that at the time, you thought cruising would be delayed longer than I did. Yes - you were wrong, but I was even more wrong. 😁

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Cheer up Mr Gut, our thoughts and support are with you.  Life can be tough, like you it has been me for me.  Every day you wake up is a winner, remember that old son.

• Like 2

The Majestic Princess has done a couple of Alaskan cruises recently and currently from Seattle.  On Princess board of CC there are some live blogs from pax on them and reviews. Makes interesting reading for you cruise starved people out there !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Can you take up that Princess option later if necessary?

Not sure but Insurance companies are by reputation fairly hungry. BTW very interested in alternative communication re35Hawaii info. We'll work something out as it gets closer.

7 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

It's interesting to go back to page 1 of this thread and look at predictions.  I wonder who will be closest in their guess.

I initially said mid to late this year and got howled down by some for saying so long, even I was wrong the way things are going.

Edited by Russell21

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Was in a similar state some years ago and can realise how deep a hole can be, get a little reminder now and then, one as recent as 3 hours ago. I do realise that no amount of 'been there done that' is much use to you, but all I can suggest is hang in there until Tuesday the 24th, yeah just under two weeks, and spend some time watching the Paralympics. Won't do much for your physical problems but it might just give you some inspiration and help to find the first rung on that ladder that will get you on your way out of a nasty place..... and, speaking from experience, just remember that something that may look very bloody attractive at the time, looks bloody stupid with the old 20/20 hindsight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Was in a similar state some years ago and can realise how deep a hole can be, get a little reminder now and then, one as recent as 3 hours ago. I do realise that no amount of 'been there done that' is much use to you, but all I can suggest is hang in there until Tuesday the 24th, yeah just under two weeks, and spend some time watching the Paralympics. Won't do much for your physical problems but it might just give you some inspiration and help to find the first rung on that ladder that will get you on your way out of a nasty place..... and, speaking from experience, just remember that something that may look very bloody attractive at the time, looks bloody stupid with the old 20/20 hindsight.

Agree,  inspirational those Paralympians.

When will cruising start.... after the red and white boat moves from station pier to Geelong would be a safe bet........

At the moment even though having booking to travel on water....   Not really positive... I should to setting one sights for car travel within Victoria.....

It all come back too.... you simply can't plan anything with any certainty......

So with that in mind  decided to have a splurge dinner tonight Oysters, followed by Blue Eye with salad and chips   accompanied by a Clare Valley Riesling  and a candle on the table 

with maybe a pre dinner G&T .

Don   on the lounge yet again.... looking out the window and listening to the wind....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Interesting comments Mr Gut.

Before my first spinal surgery I was seeing a psychologist to manage the pain.

One of the things I said to her was that it made me feel old. I was looking at my parents and the impact of age on them.

It was not helped in hospital when I was offered a walking frame to get back some mobility after the operation.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:14 PM, mr walker said:

I cant see any cruises out of Australia before there is a widely available vaccine.

I went back to see what my earliest prediction was, as I really couldn't recall what I may have posted. The date may have been appropriate. 🙂 

So I see that I was a bit open-ended on the return compared to others. 

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

At the moment even though having booking to travel on water....   Not really positive... I should to setting one sights for car travel within Victoria.....

And remember to keep within the 5 km zone.

• Like 1

I can remember having lunch at  the Glenmore Hotel at the Rocks with my workmates after we did the last debark for the 2019/20season , the Solstice,  and saying “ this” wont last long ,probably only a month or two…….. haven’t worked a day since. 😡

43 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I can remember having lunch at  the Glenmore Hotel at the Rocks with my workmates after we did the last debark for the 2019/20season , the Solstice,  and saying “ this” wont last long ,probably only a month or two…….. haven’t worked a day since. 😡

I often wonder what it would have been like if one wasn't retied or having debts.....

So on that front... we are doing great.....     I can just remember what it is like to go out for a meal..

Don

46 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I don't think any of us thought it would be this bad.😥

Are you coping OK?

• Like 1