How long will the refund take?

Ehg

On 3/30/2020 at 12:47 PM, HS2BS said:

If 50 ships need to run, even at moorings or docks, port fees for storage, food for crew or if sending them home plane tickets(are flight available). That’s millions of dollars per day for at least the next six weeks or longer. 
When RCL got that 2.2 billion dollar load, why did the withdraw the entire amount ASAP?

Hal

It is estimated that Carnival will burn through a billion a month.  I think Royal's costs will be similar.  I also think that they will look at laying up part of the fleet.  When cruises actually start again, I doubt that there are enough cruisers left that want to be the first to test the waters and fill all the ships.

Just to finalize mine;  Cancelled March 30th cruise on March 9th.  Received my FCC on March 28th.  Finally received my credit for taxes/fees & prepaid items today, April 6th.  For those still waiting, have patience as you will ultimately receive.   Stay well.

13 hours ago, Von & John said:

We've seen nothing yet for 03/15/20 Eclipse.

Not for the Airline Tickets

Nor the Taxes / Fees

Nor the FCC

Von & Jon,

I was also to have been on that cruise.  On 3-15-20 I submitted my request for the $300.00 airline fee reimbursement.  I received a call on 4-2-20 to see which credit card I wanted the $300.00 applied to, and was advised it would be processed that day.  It hasn't appeared on my account yet, but my experience (before all this COVID disruption, is it would run 7-10 days from the process date to appearing on my account. 

I requested a refund, rather than FCC, on 3-16-20.  As yet nothing on that.  I'm far from worried, as I'm sure they have stacks of refunds to process. 

Similarly, my travel insurance normally strives for a 15 day turn around.  I submitted claims on 3-15-20.  On 4-3-20 the status was updated to "under review" in their system. 

I have confidence Celebrity will get the refunds processed as quickly as they can, and that the employees there are doing their very best. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Harris, may I ask what claims you made to your travel insurance company?  I would have thought any claim would be rejected due to cause being a pandemic.  I had insurance as well and hadn’t thought of contacting them...

The difference between the price of the ticket from Santiago to Denver, after the $300.00 from Celebrity, and one night's hotel.  This was under the trip interuption provision of my policy. 

However, I have an annual policy, rather than the usual "per trip" policy, so my coverage does not limit pandemics/epidemics.  Yours may be different.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Just to finalize mine;  Cancelled March 30th cruise on March 9th.  Received my FCC on March 28th.  Finally received my credit for taxes/fees & prepaid items today, April 6th.  For those still waiting, have patience as you will ultimately receive.   Stay well.

we cancelled Reflection 13Mar sailing on 9Mar and haven't seen any FCC or refund to CC for any purchases (internet and drinks upgrade packages). hopefully this will resolve soon as we're about to hit the 30 day mark since cancelling.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Harris, may I ask what claims you made to your travel insurance company?  I would have thought any claim would be rejected due to cause being a pandemic.  I had insurance as well and hadn’t thought of contacting them...

we spoke with our travel insurance company and they are providing a credit in the amount that we paid for our travel insurance policy which can be applied to a future travel insurance policy date TBD.

2 hours ago, omeinv said:

The difference between the price of the ticket from Santiago to Denver, after the $300.00 from Celebrity, and one night's hotel.  This was under the trip interuption provision of my policy. 

However, I have an annual policy, rather than the usual "per trip" policy, so my coverage does not limit pandemics/epidemics.  Yours may be different.

Harris

Denver, CO

Can you name the company..sounds like good coverage

56 minutes ago, hcat said:

Can you name the company..sounds like good coverage

The policy is underwritten by AIG, but it's not a generally available product.  I purchase it through DAN (Divers Alert Network).  Alas, if you're not a member of DAN, I haven't seen a similar annual product anywhere else.

Harris

Denver, CO

When I received the email notifying us that our cruise on Millennium had been cancelled, it stated that refunds would take 30 days. It doesn't seem that many people have given it that long.

I did receive an email confirmation that simply repeated what I had put in, but only for 2 of the 3 refund requests. I believe that the system failed.

1 hour ago, omeinv said:

The policy is underwritten by AIG, but it's not a generally available product.  I purchase it through DAN (Divers Alert Network).  Alas, if you're not a member of DAN, I haven't seen a similar annual product anywhere else.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks..

10 hours ago, omeinv said:

Harris

Denver, CO

We have an annual policy as well.

We actually cancelled, due to surgery & have not yet reached out to them - as officially Celebrity is offering compensation of some form. 

Now that I'm recovering - I will reach out to talk with them.

According to Celebrity - we should be receiving full refund for Airfare, Taxes & Fees.

We had originally been quoted 7-10 business days & have not yet reached out to Celebrity to check again, knowing everyone else is calling.

Our reservation was removed from our Trip Planner last week or the week before, I'd have to look @ my notes.

I thought that was a good sign for processing - but still have not seen a credit on our credit card...

Edited by Von & John

Can anyone give me their thoughts on how that have calculated my FCC please and why I am down in the deal!!

I cancelled on  3/21 for my 4/21 cruise. 
The total cruise fare paid 1744pp.

FCC value only 1419pp. I expect 115pp t&f back to my card, so still 210pp out? 🤷‍♀️

image.jpg

Edited by little britain

On 3/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, Virgo61 said:

I cancelled our 6/27 Apex cruise with my travel agent on Saturday March 21st. I received my FCCs (I had booked 3 cabins) for the non refundable deposit on 3/24. Unfortunately one had the incorrect names while the other 2 were correct. They are supposed to be working on the correction. My refund amount totaled over $22000 and I received 96% of that yesterday--4 days after cancellation! I am very happy with the speed and willing to wait patiently for the rest. On the other hand we put out deposits of nearly $3000 for private tours in Italy and Spain and we have not received a dime although they all have "full refund" policies. Since those countries are really suffering, we are not pushing but maintaining contact. Fortunately our hotel rooms were not paid so no loss there. 

I have now received 100% of my Celebrity refunds, as of today! I have also received a little over 40% of the private tour refunds. 

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

We have an annual policy as well.

We actually cancelled, due to surgery & have not yet reached out to them - as officially Celebrity is offering compensation of some form. 

Now that I'm recovering - I will reach out to talk with them.

According to Celebrity - we should be receiving full refund for Airfare, Taxes & Fees.

We had originally been quoted 7-10 business days & have not yet reached out to Celebrity to check again, knowing everyone else is calling.

Our reservation was removed from our Trip Planner last week or the week before, I'd have to look @ my notes.

I thought that was a good sign for processing - but still have not seen a credit on our credit card...

That 7 to 10 business days is now 30 days. At least they are quoting me the correct amount which is in the system. Just have to wait for accounting to process possibly the banks could also be a hold up although assume that's done electronically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Can anyone give me their thoughts on how that have calculated my FCC please and why I am down in the deal!!

I cancelled on  3/21 for my 4/21 cruise. 
The total cruise fare paid 1744pp.

FCC value only 1419pp. I expect 115pp t&f back to my card, so still 210pp out? 🤷‍♀️

image.jpg

What was your penalty, if any?

Was this NR?

Have you contacted X or TA for explanation?  They are the best source for an answer.

I cancelled our July cruise on the Summit on March 10th.  The refund hit my credit card today, so just a few days short of a month.

Interesting that the credit hit my account today but it is dated April 1st...six days ago.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

What was your penalty, if any?

Was this NR?

Have you contacted X or TA for explanation?  They are the best source for an answer.

There is no penalty as it is under their CwC programme. 

X UK have replied saying it is an error at their end and a FCC for the outstanding amount will be issued. 

• Like 1

I canceled March 10 for the May 28 Summit cruise. We received the 75% due to our credit card today, April 7. So, it took four weeks. I don’t see the Future Cruise Credit on my account. I am sure it will be credited. Where do I look for that?

Just now, little britain said:

There is no penalty as it is under their CwC programme. 

X UK have replied saying it is an error at their end and a FCC for the outstanding amount will be issued. 

👍, wonder how long that will take.

Still no sign of anything for my two cruises 🤷‍♀️