PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

6 hours ago, Lindaru said:

1999:  "I remember Y-2-K.  That was some year.  Had the whole world in an uproar."

Some of us knew that, while Y2K represented a very real threat (despite what some said), it was being handled with responsibility by those who knew what to do and wasn't going to be a big deal. I was amazed by the panic response of many. The folks who would be heavily impacted understood the issue and acted accordingly. (It was, however, pretty amazing to see COBOL programmers back in demand. 😁)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, voljeep said:

Update - been a week now, no symptoms , normal temps, and we/I have been semi-self-isolating with just trips out for groceries, etc ... wife got tested on thursday, with the results expected on tuesday ... no notices from the Host's about anyone at the party testing positive since then

Negative - test taken on thursday after the "super-spreader" event the previous saturday

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Some of us knew that, while Y2K represented a very real threat (despite what some said), it was being handled with responsibility by those who knew what to do and wasn't going to be a big deal. I was amazed by the panic response of many. The folks who would be heavily impacted understood the issue and acted accordingly. (It was, however, pretty amazing to see COBOL programmers back in demand. 😁)

I was working at a TV station, and on New Years Eve 1999, it was "All hands on deck" with crews standing by to cover whatever calamity would happen when the clock struck midnight and date reverted back to 1900.  As it turned out, it was just like  any other New Years Eve, with fireworks in the sky and the drunks celebrating in the streets.

• Like 1

@Thrak, I'm happy to see that you were able to book your 2022 Australia/New Zealand cruises. I was able to get a Circle Australia cruise on the Coral today. We will also be cruising that part of the world while you are, but on the Celebrity Eclipse. I'll be sure to wave if I see the Sapphire. 👋

On 9/14/2020 at 2:03 PM, 1980dory said:

Down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast:  Battening down the hatches, getting the flashlights out, putting raingear on,

putting boots on and getting the rowboat (not Tony's size) prepped.

Can't run. Don't know where to run to at this point so we have to stay put and hope for the best.

Raining now.  Huricane Sally coming in!

Did Katrina 15 years ago so we  have some idea of what to expect.  Wish us luck.

The rain stopped here and the hurricane turned east and missed us entirely with no subsequent rain.  Unfortunately it  hit Mobile and Pensacola.  I heard they were  expecting as much as 30" of rain with massive flooding.  Bring down the 'rowboat' Tony!  They'll need it!  Keep them in your prayers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1980dory said:

The rain stopped here and the hurricane turned east and missed us entirely with no subsequent rain.  Unfortunately it  hit Mobile and Pensacola.  I heard they were  expecting as much as 30" of rain with massive flooding.  Bring down the 'rowboat' Tony!  They'll need it!  Keep them in your prayers.

Hi 1980dory,

If I could bring the Rowboat and help just one person I would. I just like to say please be safe and good luck to all. 
I only remember one Hurricane (Carol) in Boston when I was a kid and it was very bad. 
I will keep everyone in my prayers. 
Tony

• Like 1

Finally got the power back on.  We had probably 20" of rain altogether.  Spent the day picking up branches.  I am so surprised none of our large trees went down.  The wind was impressive.  All in all we fared very well.  Pensacola was really inundated however with many bridges damaged.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Finally got the power back on.  We had probably 20" of rain altogether.  Spent the day picking up branches.  I am so surprised none of our large trees went down.  The wind was impressive.  All in all we fared very well.  Pensacola was really inundated however with many bridges damaged.

Hi Keksie,

I’m happy that you didn’t have a lot of damage!! Good luck and STAY safe!! 
Tony

• Like 2

Drove to Denver yesterday - Pikes Peak and Front Range mountains were virtually invisible with the smoke rolling in from the west coast.  As nasty as it was here, I can’t begin to imagine how bad it must be for all you folks out there.  Geeze! 😱

I'm overwhelmed 

5 kids were out of work. And I'm the Bank of Mom. Fortunately 1 is back to cutting his next track, 1 had re-orientation for how to teach during Covid-19 yesterday (but he's only got 5 hrs instead of 20), 1 has an interview next week, and the other 2 can't pay their mortgages. Fortunately I'm not spending money on cruises because like I said :: I'm the Bank of Mom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nini said:

Whew! We are enjoying a massive relief now from the smoke on the Washington State Coast.

Our AQI is way down and we are loving our rain and thunderstorm.

We are about a day and a half behind you in NW Montana. We are still bouncing between the Unhealthy and Very Unhealthy range (which is much better than Hazardous. We are eagerly awaiting the rain, and hope to be in Moderate by tomorrow night.

As much as we want that cleansing rain here, if it can help the firefighters without causing too muddy conditions, we are okay with the storms slowing.

We were finally able to see a little blue sky here in southern Oregon.  Hopefully the smoke will lift completely by the end of the weekend.  On a happier note, we just booked a trans Pacific cruise Sydney to San Francisco for April 2022!  We were originally planning on a similar cruise n April of this year on the Golden but, alas, it was not to be.  Hopefully we will finally make it this time!

• Like 2

We were in hazardous then unhealthy for everyone off and on for a few days, and have now dropped to sensitive groups unhealthy and edging towards moderate.  It started raining late this afternoon in McCall, Idaho.  Hoping it stops the Woodhead Fire just south of Council now as that was a major source of smoke and a bit of a concern on how fast it was moving in the direction of New Meadows and McCall.  A couple of days ago, someone we know in New Meadows said it was raining ash.

Be safe, all, and if it is your time to get out and breathe, enjoy!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, memoak said:

Portland Oregon is in the healthy air range now. No more smoke in the air and I can see sun and clouds

How did you like that crazy lightening and thunderstorm the other night!?

Our daughter lives in Happy Valley and she said it was wild and crazy!

We got into the Good range overnight (finally) and are now in the Moderate range. We are forecasted to fluctuate between Good and Moderate (mostly Good) air quality for the next week. Provided no new fires pop up, we should stay there. Yay!

I have not been outside in nine days. Hubby has only made very quick forays outside, so as not to bring too much yuck in to me and my lousy lungs. I think we will grill and have dinner outside tonight. 

There's a grove of cedar trees that are more than 1000 years old about an hour from here, and I'm looking forward to visiting it.  When we were in Columbia Falls, MT, last week, we visited Glacier National Park and the Hungry Horse Dam area. Stunning! I'm looking forward to seeing some natural beauty again, and actually visiting our son, now that we've returned to his town. He has dropped by with packages, and take a plate of dinner, but we haven't visited. He has a couple students who are now in quarantine due to confirmed exposure, and his roommate has at least seven students currently quarantined. We've all decided it's best not to visit unless we can do so outside, at opposite ends of the picnic table, probably with masks when we aren't eating. 

We got some interesting weather yesterday, rain and graupels (miniatures to pea sized hail), lightning, thunder, and even an earthquake in the afternoon centered about 50 miles from me in the Challis area.  We had been having after shocks and more earthquakes coming from that area since March 31st (over 1,000 I believe since then).  Most of them I do not know even happened but this one knocked over some things on a shelf.

The beauty was that between bouts of rain, I was out on my front deck admiring the lack of smoke for the first time in over a week.  It is partly cloudy and 61 degrees as I write this, and I have again been out enjoying this wonderful air and sunshine (yes . . . I can actually see and feel the sun today).

We are in the good category now, but they are saying it could all start moving back in soon, so I am getting as much of the good as I can.

😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Steelers36Watching the game & wow #11 knows how to tightrope walk! Awesome catch for a rookie. Barely any green on that right foot 

My bubble still enjoys FB & BB games

Watching the Sunday night game. We freaking despise the fake crowd noise.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

We had a lovely, outside visit with our son this afternoon and evening. Having to keep our distance wasn’t so fun, but it was worth it. 

I had a bunch of peaches that were getting overripe, so both dinner and dessert included peaches. Hubby grilled pork chops and I diced some of the peaches, sprinkled them with cinnamon, and drizzled huckleberry honey over them (because: Montana), wrapped them in a foil pouch, and threw them on the grill as well. I piled mine on top of my chop, and made sure to get both in each bite. 

The rest of the peaches got made into a peach-blueberry crisp which baked in my pressure-cooker/air fryer/whole bunch-of-other-functions thingy while we ate dinner, and served with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!  

I hope you all are having a lovely evening. 

4F0BB4E1-1EB7-4B4D-8FB1-F6EF74032635.jpeg

99CF5564-1CAE-4652-8F68-E059B0512F2F.jpeg

D8225309-BBBC-4385-890E-7C85C3BC3375.jpeg

• Like 5