PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

CVS has been busily vaccinating nursing home staff & residents!!! Is that where some of our county's allocation went? Would make sense as they are the most vulnerable. Meanwhile my 10/21 cruise on hold has dropped off 😒 

Our Walgreens and CVS are getting ready to start giving out the vaccines.  Our health department is already doing it.  I will wait a little bit since I have antibodies and I feel pretty safe at this point.

• Like 1

Currently watching TV and Carnival have been advertising local Australian cruises ..... interesting 🤔. I know it’s not Princess but thought I’d mention food for thought. I would even be open to a Princess cruise of the Queensland coastline up to Cairns. So generally would be Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Townsville, Cairns, Willis Island (scenic cruising) return to Brisbane. We can travel within our own state without any issues currently, would be interesting if something like that with locals could be done.

West coast football on TV. Bleh. 49ers vs Seahawks or Rams vs Cardinals. I really don't care. I want to watch the Packers.  I also wanted to watch the Chiefs game. Freaking stupid "regional" football coverage. BAH!!!

Edited by Thrak

Stupid virus...

We have the old "popcorn" ceilings still. We stripped it off of the hallway, dining room, and family room and have been waiting for someone to texture those areas. Today was the day. A crew of 3 guys arrived and laid paper over all the floors and taped it down. They hung plastic over the walls and doorways. Things were going along great and then all of a sudden it was quiet and there was nobody working. We just figured it was break time but then the phone rang. It was the main office saying somebody's girlfriend tested positive for COVID and they had to pull the crew. We asked when they could get someone to resume the work and they said that Monday was the "best case" scenario. GAH!!!  I guess we will be living in a plastic and paper shrouded house for the next week or so. I'll have to tape up some of the plastic so we can at least get through the doorways and into the hall. Getting into my bedroom isn't real easy at the moment. We're not real happy about it but there's nothing to be done. What a weird freaking time this is.

Thrak,

sorry you're going through this.  Home improvement projects always have surprises, even in the best of times.

funny thing -- we're likely some of the last people who not only still have popcorn ceilings, but like them.    couple those ceilings with carpets, and you get some excellent acoustics, with no echoes 🙂

Mary

2 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Thrak,

sorry you're going through this.  Home improvement projects always have surprises, even in the best of times.

funny thing -- we're likely some of the last people who not only still have popcorn ceilings, but like them.    couple those ceilings with carpets, and you get some excellent acoustics, with no echoes 🙂

Mary

We still have them too. I have heard too many horror stories about the mess to get rid of them....so I guess I will live with them.

DH says he is just waiting for them to come back 'in style'....  ☺️

• Like 1

Thrak - so sorry you are having to deal with the stress of both mid-project chaos and the crew concerns.   Do you have any pets that might be tromping through the mess?  They do seem to be attracted to everything they aren't supposed to walk through or eat.

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Well poo...received an email from Princess this morning and my 5/1/21 cruise has been cancelled. I was kind of expecting it, but disappointing all the same. 😪

Can appreciate exactly where you are coming from. Even though it can be expected but still doesn’t stop the disappointment.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Well poo...received an email from Princess this morning and my 5/1/21 cruise has been cancelled. I was kind of expecting it, but disappointing all the same. 😪

Ha! At least you received an E-mail... I found out about our May 2 British Isles cruise from a Roll Call CC member!

Hopefully, third time will be the charm for May 2022.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mary loves to travel said:

Thrak,

Mary

The ceilings don't bother me a bit. My wife hates them so...  We still have the popcorn ceilings in the living room, the the computer room/office, the laundry room, and our bedroom. Like I said, not a problem for me but we may eventually have them all "fixed". To me it's just a lot of hassle and expense but my wife doesn't like them - and our daughter hates them and eggs my wife on to get rid of them. Ah, well. Such is life. It's nothing to get excited about.

• Like 2

Princess Cruises - how long are you going to hold my money hostage.  Waiting for over 3000 dollar refund on a cruise YOU cancelled.  You have the worst customer service in the world.  I don't care if I ever sail on one of your ships again !!  I want my money before YOU go BANKRUPT !!!  Do I need to take you to court to get it ????  Bastards.

Well ~~~ 2 questions:

Cancelation date:

(1) If in the 2nd to last mass cancelations, they weren't scheduled to start processing those until after 12/31/20 as that was the final date to select refund or FCC

(2) If before that email kbaldwin@princesscruises.com and ask her for help. She resolved one of mine that was 5 months old, a 4 month old one, and 2 others. All within 14 calendar days. I only had 3 refunds go smoothly

Why do you anticipate bankruptcy? Am I missing something? (They owe me for a canceled TA) What am I missing? 

Screenshot_20210108-115923_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, LongtimecruiserfromCA said:

Princess Cruises - how long are you going to hold my money hostage.  Waiting for over 3000 dollar refund on a cruise YOU cancelled.  You have the worst customer service in the world.  I don't care if I ever sail on one of your ships again !!  I want my money before YOU go BANKRUPT !!!  Do I need to take you to court to get it ????  Bastards.

Firstly, There is no need to shame, or raise your voice to someone who is trying to help you.

I sense your frustration.....been there, done that.

Email kbaldwin@princesscruises.com

When writing, it's best to let the facts speak for themselves in situations like this.

Simply include your name and booking number, state the number of times you've tried to resolve this, avoiding the drawn out details.

It's fine to express disappointment, or frustration in the process, but make it short & sweet, without threats, or accusations of any kind. I always thank them in advance for taking the time to address the situation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Safeway (local grocers part of Albertson's Chain) will be vaccinating in the grocery store soon. Heard Publix (read somewhere that they are in Florida) is doing it already

Publix is doing vaccinations in 3 stores currently.  In my county the health department and one of the hospitals are having vaccination clinics for over 65.  I got my 1st shot yesterday

• Like 4

We are still on the front line health care workers, first responders, and residents and staff of nursing homes here.  They have a dash board up for when it is "available for everyone else" which looks to be sometime in April, but from what I have heard, if you do not have an assigned health care provider (which I do not . . . I do not go to the doctor unless I have an urgent need and then just take whoever is available) it may be even longer, possibly as late as September.

I thought Rite Aid might be giving them out (our only pharmacy here) but seems they are not on the list.  People living here can get them when they are reminded by their health care provider, so I have no idea how to know when or where to make an appointment when it is my turn.

Guess I just do not get one?