Has Princess extended final payment deadlines?

ontheweb

I read in the Carnival section that Carnival has.

Our cruise (so far only a refundable deposit paid) is in late July with a late April deadline still as far as I know. Does anyone know if these deadlines have been extended?

Wondering the same thing.  I have a Grand Adventure, Aug., longer cruises are due 120 days ahead, which is end of April.  I haven't cancelled, thinking about it.  

Addition, Thanks for the link! 🙂

Edited by susancruzs

4 hours ago, skynight said:

OP here again. I called my TA to confirm this. 

It is true, but they left something out. Although our due date moved up a month, there is a $100 penalty if we do not  pay by the original due date. I was hoping the new date in May would give more time to see if Princess was adopting the policy other cruise lines have concerning letters from doctors being necessary.

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

That $100 penalty sounds like it might be your TA charging it. If Princess was they would have said so AND there would be people on here complaining!

That's certainly what it sounds like to me, too.  I can't imagine that Princess would spring this on passengers and not list it in their many updates to their cancellation / change policy.  They've already had so much bad publicity, albeit, much of it not being their fault ... this would just be icing on the cake.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

That $100 penalty sounds like it might be your TA charging it. If Princess was they would have said so AND there would be people on here complaining!

No, my TA does NOT charge penalties ever.

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

OP here again. I called my TA to confirm this. 

It is true, but they left something out. Although our due date moved up a month, there is a $100 penalty if we do not  pay by the original due date. I was hoping the new date in May would give more time to see if Princess was adopting the policy other cruise lines have concerning letters from doctors being necessary.

C9B0813B-965C-46BC-9AA4-D6ABCC21F115.jpeg

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

No, my TA does NOT charge penalties ever.

They probably don't consider it a "penalty".  They either want original payment date per terms at booking time, or don't understand Princess' changes.  If you have used this agency before, do they charge your credit card or do they process the charge with Princess and your credit card shows "Princess Cruises"?  

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They probably don't consider it a "penalty".  They either want original payment date per terms at booking time, or don't understand Princess' changes.  If you have used this agency before, do they charge your credit card or do they process the charge with Princess and your credit card shows "Princess Cruises"?  

I have used this agency several times. The charge is always directly to whatever cruise line we will be sailing on.

13 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Am I correct in understanding that if you make final payment (ours will be in June for a September cruise) you can cancel up to 60 days prior to sailing but you won’t get a refund - all that is available is a FCC?

At the top of their homepage is an Update link that provides current policies including an answer for your question.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Cruises sailing August 1, 2020 through October 15, 2020

• If you’ve booked by April 30, 2020 on these cruises, you can now cancel your vacation up to 30 days before sailing.
  • You will continue to receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amount of your cancellation fee.

The topic is final payment extensions. I booked the Caribbean Princess for May 16 and waiting for my FCC to arrive to pay for it. My TA booked it for me with no deposit. That was a week ago and it is still on the Princess web site indicating,  waiting for payment. I have been able to fill out everything for the cruise. So they are holding it for final. I do not know for how long. 

After all of this I am tempted to book directly with Princess we were on the Majestic Princess cruise that got cut short finished in Fremantle instead of Singapore, Princess offered 70% refund, TA has received refund and if we want OUR MONEY they want to take $600 in cancellation fees, I have commented we did not cancel the company did, not a happy chappy.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:23 AM, ontheweb said:

Our cruise (so far only a refundable deposit paid) is in late July with a late April deadline still as far as I know. Does anyone know if these deadlines have been extended?

Our July 22 cruise

final payment now May 9

On 3/23/2020 at 4:23 AM, ontheweb said:

My payment deadlines for June and July cruises were extended to 60 days prior to sailing, and the updated due date is on their website under My account. Click on my account, upcoming cruise, then on payments and it states the deadline. Have you check there?

On 3/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, Astro Flyer said:

At the top of their homepage is an Update link that provides current policies including an answer for your question.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Cruises sailing August 1, 2020 through October 15, 2020

• If you’ve booked by April 30, 2020 on these cruises, you can now cancel your vacation up to 30 days before sailing.
  • You will continue to receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amount of your cancellation fee.

But there is also a statement earlier in the link you provided:

'Beginning with August cruises, the final payment date returns to our published policy. '