Poll: How much will you cruise when cruising resumes?

How much will you cruise when cruising resumes?  

7,286 members have voted

1. 1. When you are again able, how often will you cruise in the next few years?

• I will cruise more than ever - I want to help the cruising industry get back on its feet
    • I will cruise about the same as always - Let's put this behind us quickly
    • I will cruise less than before - Some combo of health concerns, economic impact, and other forms of vaction will reduce my short term cruising
    • I won't cruise at all - Will take a few years (if ever) before things get back to normal and I consider cruising again.

Not sure what we will be doing when this is done.  Will depend on if my DH still has a job or not.  We would like to continue our four cruises a year but if they are going to require a doctor's letter for certain pre-existing conditions, we will be done cruising, especially if that letter has to be within 7 days of sailing.  If the letter is only for 70 and up, we have many years to go, so will continue to cruise.

Just way to early for us to even think about cruises as we have a stay at home order going into effect tomorrow.

We normally cruise twice a year and luckily did one last month, have no plans to change, we have two booked one in November another in February hopefully will be able to do both. Have cruised at least once every year since 1977 and hopefully this will continue 😁😁

• Like 1

As part of our 30 anniversary my wife and I planned three cruises this year. We made 1 by ourselves that debarked the day everything was shutting down. The other 2 are for June and August. The later with our children, I'm skeptical about those cruises sailing. We normally don't cruise that much. Maybe once a year. That will not change once this all blows over unless there are unforeseen (or maybe foreseen) impacts of this event that makes cruising too expensive or difficult.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And if Royal would just release the Ovation TP after the 2021 Alaska season...

I only have about 18 months of toilet paper, just enough to last until Autumn 2021. So it would be nice if the Ovation TP was released for donation to me prior to their sailing across the Pacific...

• Haha 2

We normally cruise 2 times a year but this year had 4 scheduled. Although one is the end of April so we probably won’t be able to go on that one.

I homeschool my kids and we love cruising because I get a break but the kids get to see the world. They are 4 and 6, so some of the European trips we are waiting until they are a bit older and can remember them more.

We will continue to cruise as much as financially possible every year, hopefully no less than 2 per year. We live in the Orlando area so getting to the FL ports is very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

For us dead simple.... as soon as we can go.... we will go.... feel very lucky to have been on Allure TA to Europe just now (brilliant cruise, brilliant people, so much to do and fab atmosphere on board) but already getting ‘land crazy’ waiting for it to be safe to get back on board..... due to go early May but suspect that one is gone... and our other two for this year may well fall by the way side.

We just need a new deployment schedule and clarity re airlines and then we are good to go....

Not willing to cruise any time soon.  Many changes will have to be brought to cruising industry - these are changing times and CEOs will have to work hard to regain the confidence of their clientele.  Personnel works hard, but we can see they are not equipped for emergencies - although they sure worked hard during the last few days.  

This has really diminished our love of cruising and I found our concerns were not addressed, we were cast aside to fend for ourselves.  If more info is needed on that subject, I would be more than pleased to talk about it and give proof.

Time to try other companies, especially those who think outside the box, and have been well trained on how to treat passengers in time of crisis.

The cruise industry didn't cause all of this, but it is a target of opportunity for a virus.  I'm not ready to drop cruises completely from my vacation choices but they do need to figure out a way to better protect the health of their passengers while on board. I have no idea what that is but there are health experts that do, and the cruise industry better start hiring these people for if and when they do start sailing again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We would have voted "more than ever", but the "I want to help the cruising industry" statement turned us off. We don't, and never will, "cruise to help the industry", we cruise because we love cruising. If a cruise line goes bankrupt because it doesn't know how to manage its resources, there are plenty of other choices that will remain.

• Like 2

We normally cruise 2-3 times per year.  Last year, we cruised twice, but also had a b2b on Harmony booked for Nov 2019 that we had to cancel because of my ankle/knee injury and surgery.  Our May b2b on Adventure was supposed to celebrate my 60th and my retirement.  The first leg is a NE/Canada cruise so that will be cancelled because Canada is closed and I'm expecting the second leg to also be cancelled because I don't think the cruise lines will be up and running before summer as they are at the biggest risk of starting back too soon.  We currently have a b2b on Harmony for this Nov  and a Celebrity Summit cruise booked for July 2021 for our 40th anniversary.  And, we'll be booking more.

Edited by BND

Help the industry?  I don't "help" business but what I do, is use a business for my enjoyment or for my needs.  I buy gas because I need it, not  because I want to help the gas station.  Same with vacation dollars.  But to answer the question, the virus will have no affect on me and/or anything that I do in my life.  I have two cruises booked, and will continue to book them beyond the last one.  That goes the same for locations where the ships go. 

We normally do two, and sometimes three cruises a year.

We have a B2B scheduled for Alaska in July and still have every intention of going provided it is safe to do so.

We also have a December Caribbean cruise scheduled for this year; a 14-day Japan Cruise (Celebrity) for March 2021 and a 14-day Southern Caribbean (Celebrity) scheduled for March of 2022.   Am 'window shopping' for a Royal Caribbean Cruise for September/October of 2021 to fill in the gap.

After 25 cruises, I think we're done.  We have found the ships to be more crowded, less relaxing, less entertaining, and more expensive than ever.  Oh, and don't expect that "70 Dr's note thing" to go away.  Why?  The cruise lines have been targeting a younger demographic for years.  The older folks (with massive Captain's Club perks) aren't quite as useful to them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1