Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Indeed, it is -- not often can you find a 3 day stay in the same place, may be on higher end lines....

I think I've mentioned that I've found an 90% replacement for the September 2020 we both missed -- Apex in September 2021, 12 days, including Malta. I was sure that September 2021 is a safe bet...

Last week I've decided to "hedge" my bets, and transferred part of the deposit to another Edge class (Edge) for May 2022. The itinerary is nothing to write home about, but I absolutely need a cruise and want to experiment the Edge class.

As of now, I have 2 cruises booked on Apex & Edge, both with refundable deposits....

Sadly, I'm quite sure that September 2021 will be a "no" 😢.

Yes, I really wanted to book a Med cruise late summer/fall 2021 but I highly doubt cruises will be happening then.  Hopeful for 2022, but as I wrote in an earlier post I'm not booking anything until Covid gets under some kind of control and I'm fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

hello from Dallas. It has been quite the frustrating morning and we’re trying to remember “first world problems”...

AF9AEDED-44B4-4D0A-AE87-4F2FD1EAFD46.jpeg

0EA741AC-58B2-48F6-B7CA-8022D0BB2F8A.jpeg

How's the weather down there?  I have a good friend in Ft. Worth and they say it's been pretty awful the last few days.

@A&L_Ont Hope your wife is enjoying Valentines and birthday weekend. For the last year since no going out we have made birthday weekends instead.  Birthday person gets to choose all meals and does not have to clean up after. We are lucky (knock on wood) 6 of us live together and oldest daughter works at Children's Hospital in D.C. we have not had issues with covid so far. The logistics of working from home and virtual learning for both grandchildren has been hard but the kids seem to enjoy being home not like us grown ups getting house happy.

• Like 2

I'll post snow pictures from dallas tomorrow. I'm snug at home, though the cold seeps into my house. Waiting to see all this forecast snow. Looking forward to it. I got a extra gallon of milk and a few things yesterday so we dont run out for a while. Plan to stay home. At most walk down to the school for some snow pictures tomorrow 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Holy crap I totally forgot tomorrow is Valentine's day.  Off to the store or I'll be in the doghouse

My BIL is on the hot spot mid February.  Their anniversary was the 11th, Valentines tomorrow of course, and my sister's birthday is Monday the 15th.  😉 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have thunderstorms and 82 degrees here today.  Weird February.   

82 a little warm, but I'd take it over 23 degrees. They say tomorrow near blizzard conditions, strong winds, near 0 visibility, lots of snow, forecast keeps increasing. Hard to imagine now tbh.

My sister and bil with covid are worse. I think he should probably be in the hospital.  Neither eating, and now he is running a temperature. Idk how bad is considered bad enough with covid to be in the hospital. His doctor already said he has bronchitis and she has pneumonia. Tomorrow I'm not leaving except on foot to take pictures.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

82 a little warm, but I'd take it over 23 degrees. They say tomorrow near blizzard conditions, strong winds, near 0 visibility, lots of snow, forecast keeps increasing. Hard to imagine now tbh.

My sister and bil with covid are worse. I think he should probably be in the hospital.  Either eating, and now he is running a temperature. Idk how bad is considered bad enough with covid to be in the hospital. His doctor already said his has bronchitis and she has pneumonia. Tomorrow I'm not leaving except on foot to take pictures.

OMG...yes it sounds like they should be in the hospital with Pneumonia!!  Yikes!  Hope they get better soon.  

So odd how different our weather is.   TX not that much further north than us...but I guess far enough indeed.  Hope your weather improves.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...yes it sounds like they should be in the hospital with Pneumonia!!  Yikes!  Hope they get better soon.  

So odd how different our weather is.   TX not that much further north than us...but I guess far enough indeed.  Hope your weather improves.  

It's that he started a higher temperature today worries me. My mom thinks they wanted to keep him in the hospital but he came home from ER because my sister needed to be watched. But hes awfully sick, sicker than she is my mom thinks. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

My BIL is on the hot spot mid February.  Their anniversary was the 11th, Valentines tomorrow of course, and my sister's birthday is Monday the 15th.  😉 

Wow.  I just dropped $150 for Valentine's day not including a nice dinner tonight.  Hope your BIL has a fat wallet 😜

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Wow.  I just dropped $150 for Valentine's day not including a nice dinner tonight.  Hope your BIL has a fat wallet 😜

No, he married my sister the "Sugar Momma".   Not what I would call a great match for her...but she likes strays I guess.  😜  Big sister keeps her mouth shut.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dbancroft said:

@A&L_Ont Hope your wife is enjoying Valentines and birthday weekend.

I haven’t done anything yet to spoil it. 😉 Tomorrow BBQ steak dinner, gifts are wrapped and Cards are ready. Just relaxing here all day. I have not sat this long in a year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

here’s how today is going

Yup, I’ve had those flights where my luggage makes the connection and I haven’t. Sucks under normal circumstances, even harder today.  Fingers crossed that it gets better. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's that he started a higher temperature today worries me. My mom thinks they wanted to keep him in the hospital but he came home from ER because my sister needed to be watched. But hes awfully sick, sicker than she is my mom thinks. 

High temperature and upper body covered in sweat was my main covid19 symptoms along with

Shivering, headache,extreme tiredness,loss of voice and taste.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No, he married my sister the "Sugar Momma".   Not what I would call a great match for her...but she likes strays I guess.  😜  Big sister keeps her mouth shut.  

I get it.  We couldn't stand my sister's ex.  Took her 15 years but she finally wised up and dumped him.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We left our 20 plus foot tree back at our old house.  It was quite happy in our side yard...I miss it.  That was my first attempt at growing one.  

I cut the top off the Pineapple, leaving about 2 inches of "Meat" attached to the green top.  Stick that in a bowl of water (no toothpics needed) and keep water changed daily (or will start to stink and rot).  Leave it in the water for about a week, then transfer to good quality garden soil in a pot with the yellow meat part covered completely.   Then Bucky takes over.  Doesn't need a lot of water as it grows, and in fact just water the green part...not the soil.  More on that:

Pineapples are of the Bromeliad family (genus: Ananas). They are tropical, succulent plants, needing more air humidity than fluid water. There are over 2,500 natural species with thousands more hybrids and cultivars.Jan 23, 2020

Thank you for the instructions.  Fun things to try.  I like to have producing plants around.  Currently I have figs, loquats, pineapple guava, blueberries, blackberries and some weird lemons that came with the house.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The remainder of Owen’s hockey season was cancelled today. Lisa signed him up for baseball yesterday so let’s see how that goes. Try outs are proposed for April...

Too bad about hockey. April will be a month of short school weeks.  The week before and after Easter are 4 day weeks then the following week is the delayed March break unless we are into the third wave in which case we could all be back at home again.

Toby was happy with things opening back up...he has his  DL test scheduled for the 23rd and they start back up the 18th.  With everything being closed he missed many of his drivers training sessions but will complete those after his licence for the insurance discount. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Too bad about hockey. April will be a month of short school weeks.  The week before and after Easter are 4 day weeks then the following week is the delayed March break unless we are into the third wave in which case we could all be back at home again.

The Toronto Star decrees it will be upon us by then. 10k a day they say.  Let’s roll up the sleeves and giddy up. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Toby was happy with things opening back up...he has his  DL test scheduled for the 23rd and they start back up the 18th.  With everything being closed he missed many of his drivers training sessions but will complete those after his licence for the insurance discount. 

Fingers are crossed that the appointment sticks. I know he will pass.  The years of cart driving will help, like me cutting the lawn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The Toronto Star decrees it will be upon us by then. 10k a day they say.  Let’s roll up the sleeves and giddy up. 

Fingers are crossed that the appointment sticks. I know he will pass.  The years of cart driving will help, like me cutting the lawn. 

The only problem with learning how to drive in a cart is that he thinks drifting and not using the brakes is normal.😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My sister and bil with covid are worse. I think he should probably be in the hospital.  Neither eating, and now he is running a temperature. Idk how bad is considered bad enough with covid to be in the hospital. His doctor already said he has bronchitis and she has pneumonia. Tomorrow I'm not leaving except on foot to take pictures.

Imo they both should be in the hospital if having respiratory/pneumonia issues.

There are some treatments that may help them.  Also, they have to stay hydrated.  I was told if my fever exceeded 100.4 to get to the hospital.  Maybe some gatorade or propel water with electrolytes.  

• Like 1