Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like you I don’t mind Hawaiian once in a while, I would even try the chicken and Alfredo pizza but I do draw the line at this nasty looking concoction that Boston Pizza calls a Christmas Pizza.  

The chicken alfredo is from Pizza Pizza. The Christmas Pizza...🤮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

😞Before the zoo we went to this hipster market downtown called Armeture Works. It’s right on the water and super cute inside but not somewhere to spend a lot of time.

B6C3A9B7-B453-4B94-BDB3-6297D14E6265.jpeg

*** pic quoted for effect ***

Many of those items looks like the stuff I used to build, or try to build,  in High School Shop class (called Industrial  Arts Engineering nowadays) some 40 years ago. Wish I kept the crap, er, quaint valuables, I could be a rich hipster too! 😃

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Boston Pizza in Canada (which is called Boston's Pizza in the U.S.) is serving a new Christmas pie with all the fixings: seasoned rotisserie turkey, house-made stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce and Italian cheeses topped with cranberry sauce and warm turkey gravy, which sounds more like a Thanksgiving pizza.

Lose the cranberry and I'd give it a try.

Honestly, with the exception of the frozen pieces of cardboard topped with stale ketchup that the high school cafeteria used pass off as pizza, I can't think of a bad slice of pizza I ever had. Some better than others, but all at least satisfying.

Everything is better when it's on top of a pizza. 👍  EDIT TO ADD: Except peanut butter. I love Peanut Butter but it would melt into goo on a pizza.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve had an ongoing discussion at our house as to what’s a pizza and what’s a flatbread.  I love the traditional toppings, but also like ham or grilled chicken and sautéed onions.  I make my own crust.  Sometimes we grill them.  But almost any pizza is good (except Cici’s).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATG said:

We’ve had an ongoing discussion at our house as to what’s a pizza and what’s a flatbread.  I love the traditional toppings, but also like ham or grilled chicken and sautéed onions.  I make my own crust.  Sometimes we grill them.  But almost any pizza is good (except Cici’s).

I have had some really good flatbread on RCI.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe some strawberries to go with that pineapple?😏 Fruit, other than tomatoes, does not belong on pizza and pepperoni should be sliced not diced. I am very fond of anchovies along with the pepperoni. I am right with @island ladyon those mushrooms though!

I love those anchovies on my pizza too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hope your headache has cleared now Lenny.

Unfortunately,it has not .My Neurologist increased the dosage of the medication I was on but on Wednesday morning I was so dizzy that I could not function.I stopped taking it. This Monday afternoon I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating people who have headaches.I hope he can help me.

Thanks for your concern,Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love "dive" bars.    That's a great name - The Whole in the Wall - shame they closed down hopefully it wasn't because of his home grown oregano 🤪

Me too. That place was great. When the guy bought the place he actually knocked a whole in the interior brick wall (non bearing wall) to enlarge the place. Hence, "Whole In The Wall". Yep, that's the reason he was shut down. The more pizza you ate the hungrier you got. 😉Great marketing on his part. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At 1AM in Sorrento's on the Royal Promenade with a cold beer.🙂

For me ,any hour of the day or night at Sorrento’s but I had my last beer in 1990. In the 1970’s  I would be at Shine’s in Manhattan every Friday for a liquid lunch consisting of Beer.

In the 1960’s many a night at Tommy Makem’s bar in Manhattan or McSorley’s Ale House . I was young and healthy then.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thanks Graham and Andrew. It was a great way to end our trip. We just got to our Orlando hotel and are going to go find some food. Our flight out is early tomorrow...layover in Dallas 🤞🤞🤞

Tonight is the last below freezing night, tomorrow starts the warm up. I'm not sure tomorrow when it goes back over freezing, probably by noon. The snow and ice should hopefully be melted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like you I don’t mind Hawaiian once in a while, I would even try the chicken and Alfredo pizza but I do draw the line at this nasty looking concoction that Boston Pizza calls a Christmas Pizza.  

Boston Pizza in Canada (which is called Boston's Pizza in the U.S.) is serving a new Christmas pie with all the fixings: seasoned rotisserie turkey, house-made stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce and Italian cheeses topped with cranberry sauce and warm turkey gravy, which sounds more like a Thanksgiving pizza.Nov.

4B10F1A2-537C-491E-88DA-320F8ECF24B6.jpeg

That belongs on the humor thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very true but, at other times of the day, in the past RCI has managed to turn out some of that high school pizza that you mentioned. 

After a year without RCI pizza it is actually something else to look forward too...lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very true but, at other times of the day, in the past RCI has managed to turn out some of that high school pizza that you mentioned. 

My high school did not even have a cafeteria. I guess I was lucky.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is nothing better on the planet than Sorrento’s pizza on a RCI ship even when the ship is rocking.

I love it when the ship rocks. I sleep so well.

Pretty cool how we have reconnected this thread to RCI.😊

• Like 3

All this talk of pizza makes me hungry for some.  Tonight’s supper was chicken with a Parmesan and garlic cream sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes. 

F205CCF0-CA01-4F59-A77D-B82ED7C8B9B1.thumb.jpeg.1b85b0bb49367f68ba5ad9318518b34d.jpeg

Some pictures from a walk at the lake today (29,000 step day). The lake is frozen. 

A8A7409A-6636-4CAA-B561-31FF12F1FEF6.thumb.jpeg.aa203250024a3c8b56150cc597941073.jpeg

Came across this snowman with the skinniest neck.  

D506A692-5892-4D72-8735-398D267D5AA8.thumb.jpeg.b393bff23b601cad2512e900a3df2203.jpeg

And a sign that spring must be near. The first robin. 

F1644A3A-51B0-4762-BA36-122DD77D70DB.thumb.jpeg.7b86e27f0f0e6992c2ba02e95991c72e.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

We just got to our Orlando hotel and are going to go find some food. Our flight out is early tomorrow...layover in Dallas 🤞🤞🤞

I wish I could hit the Like, Like, Like button! The zoo photos are great! I didn't know Tampa had a nice zoo. We will be there next February for a couple of days, and we will try to make time to visit. Either that, or we will take the trolley over to Ybor City. I think if we move to Florida, it will be to the Tampa, Clearwater side. I would still like being on the west coast. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2