Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you got your reservation yet?  I tried the other day and got frustrated.  It seemed like there were appointments for DCA but I couldn't get it to work.

Yes.  We got reservations for two day ticket with admission to one park per day.  We'll just be going to Disney Park and bypassing California Adventure.  

There were only 3 days left available for May for the Disney Park when we booked (in April).  Right now, Disney Park is not available in June.  Only DCA.  I do see July 1-6 as being available for both parks but don't know what tier it is in.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had an ad for Unidragon puzzles in my Instagram feed.  Anyone try one of these?  Looks interesting with no edges and oddly shaped pieces.

Pier– Unidragon

Can't remember if the puzzle discussion was here or in Bella's thread.

Probably both since they bleed together

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I friend of mine lived in Dallas for a few years and told me that, in the summer, he had to put big blocks of ice into his pool to cool it down. Any truth to that?

I ask because he's in marketing and those folks are good at spinning stories. 

In Dubai they have to cool the pool water down, otherwise its like getting into a hot bath when the weather is 40c+ degrees . Once on a training course in July we were put up in ex crew quarters instead of the normal hotel, and they had the smallest hottest pool in full glare of the sun. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I friend of mine lived in Dallas for a few years and told me that, in the summer, he had to put big blocks of ice into his pool to cool it down. Any truth to that?

I ask because he's in marketing and those folks are good at spinning stories. 

It is true. Even here in the Northeast, when we get a couple of our so - called "heat waves", one of the ice companies in the area sells 3' x 2' x 2' blocks of ice for those that want or need to drop the pool temperature down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George C said:

We are sunny and will be mid 80’s today and slightly warmer tomorrow, having our pool replastered in the next month. 

Yes, our weather is delightful here.

I remember summers when we had no rain for weeks with over 100+ temps  and we would have to spread soaker hoses all around the house to keep the foundation from drying out which I understand is a common occurrence here. 

12 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

I've never been a football fan by geography but have enjoyed all the NY teams ... 🙂 ... this year I have been intensely following the NFL draft ... I was trying to predict which rookie would go to which team ... but ... that was nearly impossible!

I watched the draft for the first time in my life this year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

It is true. Even here in the Northeast, when we get a couple of our so - called "heat waves", one of the ice companies in the area sells 3' x 2' x 2' blocks of ice for those that want or need to drop the pool temperature down.

How the heck did they maneuver a block that size to most back yards.  That would weigh close to 700 pounds. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You have given me a an idea with what to do after I retire this fall. Hmmmm... what degree would be interesting to get? Art history?, tourism management, popular culture, history?????

After I retired I went back to school and got a doctorate in theology.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Graham, he's great kid so his graduation present will be going on our cruise this November. It will be his first hopefully not his last.

A friend of mine graduated from a college in Missouri that people in Mo never heard of,Tarkio College.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Walking wine and "food" tour was not that good on Wednesday, decent wine...but very lame food pairing.  

Best of the week was yesterday at rather new Comstock Winery in Dry Creek Valley.  Reservations for private wine tasting paired with Chef's choice Tapas platter.  Fantastic service, great wines, and wonderful Tapas.  Had a great time.  Pictures from there.  

20210506_151816.jpg

I give up.  What is Bucky holding? 

Edited by davekathy

Busy day around here. County finished grading the roads. 

4A455667-DD78-47C4-8C0F-9D118C2ED6F4.thumb.jpeg.466e7da5748c774fed8db18e3f2b88e9.jpeg

Shortly after the transports come with the calcium chloride and apply it to the gravel road. It is for dust control. Roads won’t be graded now until at least August or September. 

82CB4C9C-C2BB-4A2C-BC01-72B17AE337AA.thumb.jpeg.95bc8a4d1c1cfedeb91e891b9cc39d10.jpeg

Another pass will be made. 

F6233F88-89F8-47B9-9330-D81328050471.thumb.jpeg.b6286ca4dc877ece0bbbbfee21518a1d.jpeg

You can see as the thanker empties the pipe puts out less if a stream and more of a trickle. 

692A0056-6B17-4F94-952B-4F82CDF579E5.thumb.jpeg.121022b2bce5367ac22b9a39ed22c6f3.jpeg 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spent a bit of time around the pool as well. Gave it a vacuum and cleaned the filters. Replacement filters arrived today, figured it was time to replace them after 6 years. 

The hand rails to exit from the deepend need new anchors this year and should be going in next week. You can see the anchor holes on the left side of the pool. The stairs are mounted into the wall because of the electric rolling cover. 

78FEF00C-3BA4-41DB-BE6D-D9E358519A84.thumb.jpeg.b72f1791cf428b99d22d51e402cf6780.jpeg

Our neighbor was scratching dirt with their old iron. This tractor isn’t much younger than me. 

09D068AA-2349-4C7D-8ACB-AAD175EA079F.thumb.jpeg.e9913c8fbcd1e86b518c2e4bee33bc35.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spent a bit of time around the pool as well. Gave it a vacuum and cleaned the filters. Replacement filters arrived today, figured it was time to replace them after 6 years. 

The hand rails to exit from the deepend need new anchors this year and should be going in next week. You can see the anchor holes on the left side of the pool. The stairs are mounted into the wall because of the electric rolling cover. 

78FEF00C-3BA4-41DB-BE6D-D9E358519A84.thumb.jpeg.b72f1791cf428b99d22d51e402cf6780.jpeg

Our neighbor was scratching dirt with their old iron. This tractor isn’t much younger than me. 

09D068AA-2349-4C7D-8ACB-AAD175EA079F.thumb.jpeg.e9913c8fbcd1e86b518c2e4bee33bc35.jpeg

My neighbor is planting peanuts.  I don't have a picture but it is with his new tractor.  It does have nice headlights.  He is still out there planting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My neighbor is planting peanuts.  I don't have a picture but it is with his new tractor.  It does have nice headlights.  He is still out there planting.

We have swapped LED lights into ours.  It’s a whole different world at night now.  Even switching from halogens is a big difference.

They actually have a set on the front of this old unit as well.  Before that, our neighbour joke that the old ones were like a candle mounted to the front grill. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have swapped LED lights into ours.  It’s a whole different world at night now.  Even switching from halogens is a big difference.

They actually have a set on the front of this old unit as well.  Before that, our neighbour joke that the old ones were like a candle mounted to the front grill. 

Ours are all for show and don't really need to be used to see at night.  I have turned the ones on the cub cadet during parades.  Even our Kubota working tractor has never really worked at night.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine graduated from a college in Missouri that people in Mo never heard of,Tarkio College.

Yeah I’ve been there, very small town just about on the Missouri/ Nebraska border.