Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Grandparents are so special.  We were also blessed to have my Mom as our daycare provider.  She passed away in 2002, well before the weddings of our two daughters that are married.  When she was battling cancer, my Mom always wore an angel pin.  It was attached to each of the girls bouquets on their wedding day.  

C1A76266-C651-4A22-A0CF-2E82EAAAE80C.jpeg

387F01C8-E5F1-44FA-BBE3-2A993A84C3C3.jpeg

So very special.  Choked up here.

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yesterday was a special day here. We had our relatives over the first time in a year for an outdoor post grad get together for Owen. We have not seen any of them for almost a year. Swimming and eating. 

9C5FB05B-2914-4329-A80B-6F34BA8242D7.thumb.jpeg.c72130ee005aae94b4fdebe6109fccbe.jpeg

A few Caesars may have been consumed. 

4B056C4E-D003-4464-88EE-E6E2D4A95FB5.thumb.jpeg.7a8ebb488877869b95b7f1198f622d60.jpeg

Lisa made some amazing cup cakes with edible grad caps. 

9D2A4A0F-6B6B-4FFD-A7F6-73EBF22E6932.thumb.jpeg.6db6a9e0ee2655cfb1cffa8920bb3e87.jpeg

Smarties top button, liquorice tassel, chocolate square top and a mini Reese peanut butter cup bottom. They were amazing.    

47A40D13-D715-4DBD-9D76-343709597C8A.thumb.jpeg.ed64fe42575047f75b15ee0952721cee.jpeg

Isn't it wonderful to start living life as we once did over a year ago?  Lisa's cupcakes, especially the toppings are amazing and so creative.  I probably would eat so much of the topping beforehand there wouldn't be enough to decorate the cupcakes.  Again, congrats to that handsome graduate of yours and to the whole family.  May you always beam with pride.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Had a couple visitors this afternoon on our driveway........Don't see the Mommy though today, I'm a little worried.

20210718_130551.jpg

20210718_130522.jpg

20210718_130514.jpg

20210718_130325.jpg

20210718_130007.jpg

Bambi.  I would be worried to.  Hope they just wandered away and will find their mama soon.  Your property is so lush and beautiful.

• Like 4

One last picture. Got to un load the cars. 

Once you get to know me.  You  will find one thing that is my own inherent trait. I am a cryer. 
jokes

stories 

sad times 

happy times 

movies

memories. 

My husband. Mr. stoic I am going to be strong.  No tears from me. 

Well months ago in the early stages of wedding planning I asked if we could do some thing special for dad. And put something on the runner to get him crying.  I found something similar to this on a web site. So I cannot take credit for it. 

It worked. 

There were more happy tears shed  between him and me than the mist coming off Niagara Falls. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

❤️

4F9968C8-E5F9-499B-93EA-F31B6639831D.jpeg

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
Breakfast brunch at hotel. Now back to real everyday life.  
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

I thank God everyday for what he gives me. 
and this idea. 

Thanks for letting me bore you with wedding memories.  

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

F09CC795-CCF8-4C9D-AD1C-DD38B54D0F96.jpeg

That's such a beautiful tribute to your mother and mother in law. I'm sure they are smiling down on the happy couple.

My youngest boy is getting married in three weeks, and it would  be lovely to steal your idea, but I don't have her wedding dress.

She helped bring up our boys as we both worked full time.  We lost her two years ago 

Looking forward to hearing about your Symphony cruise

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

There were more happy tears shed  between him and me than the mist coming off Niagara Falls. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

Exactly how I pictured it to be. So happy to read about it, your tears made me smile as I read about it. 

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Once you get to know me.  You  will find one thing that is my own inherent trait. I am a cryer. 
jokes

stories 

sad times 

happy times 

movies

memories. 

Well months ago in the early stages of wedding planning I asked if we could do some thing special for dad. And put something on the runner to get him crying.  I found something similar to this on a web site. So I cannot take credit for it. 

It worked. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

❤️

You did a fantastic job organising your daughters wedding Sue and everything seems to have been perfect.

Lovely idea with the wedding dresses and the runner was the icing on the cake.

Delighted for you and your lovely daughter and her new husband.

Graham.

• Like 3

When my nephew got married the newlyweds had a table set up you passed by to enter the reception venue that had pictures of the grandparents and mother of the groom who were no longer with us.  It was very touching, especially to include them for those guests who did not know them…and, as you say, made them part of the occasion.

Re grandparents, when my last one died I was so depressed.  I said “No one will ever love me like that again.”  My husband said “Honey, I love you.”  I said “Not like that.”  😢

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

To me they taste a million times better. It’s hard to explain.

I am going to have to try this. If I do will that make me part Canadian? I have never seen that garnish before. Looks very interesting and tasty. Need to research this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

jokes

stories 

sad times 

happy times 

movies

memories. 

It worked. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

❤️

Not choked up at all here (sniff sniff).  Yet another beautiful tribute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yesterday was a special day here. We had our relatives over the first time in a year for an outdoor post grad get together for Owen. We have not seen any of them for almost a year. Swimming and eating. 

Smarties top button, liquorice tassel, chocolate square top and a mini Reese peanut butter cup bottom. They were amazing.    

47A40D13-D715-4DBD-9D76-343709597C8A.thumb.jpeg.ed64fe42575047f75b15ee0952721cee.jpeg

Wonderful that you were finally able to get together and celebrate.  Those cupcakes are fantastic!  Kudos to Lisa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

jokes

stories 

sad times 

happy times 

movies

memories. 

It worked. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

❤️

Waterworks here.  Sweet tears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

That's such a beautiful tribute to your mother and mother in law. I'm sure they are smiling down on the happy couple.

My youngest boy is getting married in three weeks, and it would  be lovely to steal your idea, but I don't have her wedding dress.

She helped bring up our boys as we both worked full time.  We lost her two years ago 

Looking forward to hearing about your Symphony cruise

So sorry for your loss. 

Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding.  I hope you're all over the moon with excitement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on a mission today...a mission to find Meletti Amaro to make @Sea Dog's special Old Fashioned.  It took me 3 liquor stores, but I was successful!  The anticipation was building as I drove home.  Ready to go.

IMG_7354.thumb.jpg.e687c04c9d53beb38be4fb1ee3dd4409.jpg

Mixing, pouring

IMG_7355.thumb.jpg.19fc3d7d862e226cb0d82aeb0440310c.jpg

IMG_7356.thumb.jpg.7ab9879cc1ba376fc00c3ba2812ab984.jpg

And the payoff

IMG_7357.thumb.jpg.2e5526f99c8f108aa93847c3abacfcb2.jpg

This is a definite winner!  I am really going to enjoy a few of these before dinner this summer (and fall, and winter, and...).  Wow.  Thanks Sea Dog!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is a definite winner!

I am so glad you liked it! You can't go wrong with the Woodford. Now you might want to try it with some traditional "Proof" syrup. That is what I use and I like it better than simple syrup. Look for it here:

https://proofsyrup.com/collections/proof-syrups/products/traditional-proof-syrup

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so glad you liked it! You can't go wrong with the Woodford. Now you might want to try it with some traditional "Proof" syrup. That is what I use and I like it better than simple syrup. Look for it here:

https://proofsyrup.com/collections/proof-syrups/products/traditional-proof-syrup

Woodford is my standard for a Manhattan, along with Antica Formula.  Yeah, I couldn't find the Proof syrup.  I instead went with simple syrup and a couple of dashes of Angostura Orange Bitters (which I forgot to include in my first picture).  The Proof Syrup has been ordered.  😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

9C5FB05B-2914-4329-A80B-6F34BA8242D7.thumb.jpeg.c72130ee005aae94b4fdebe6109fccbe.jpeg

4B056C4E-D003-4464-88EE-E6E2D4A95FB5.thumb.jpeg.7a8ebb488877869b95b7f1198f622d60.jpeg

9D2A4A0F-6B6B-4FFD-A7F6-73EBF22E6932.thumb.jpeg.6db6a9e0ee2655cfb1cffa8920bb3e87.jpeg

Brilliant cupcakes. I’m in awe of anyone who can create something and have it look like what they intended!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
Breakfast brunch at hotel. Now back to real everyday life.  
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

I thank God everyday for what he gives me. 
and this idea. 

Thanks for letting me bore you with wedding memories.  

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

F09CC795-CCF8-4C9D-AD1C-DD38B54D0F96.jpeg

How beautifully preserved the gowns were, and what a sweet gesture. I know your daughter missed having her grandmothers there to see her get married. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I finally made a trip to Total Wine yesterday and came home with a bottle of Averna Amaro.  They didn't have the Meletti, and I wasn't as adventurous as @bobmacliberty to run all over town to find it.  😂

I'm interested in what you think.  This my first Old Fashioned, so I don't have anything to compare it to (other than a Manhattan).  I may need to try the classic Old Fashioned recipe with a sugar cube as a base for comparison.  Oh the sacrifices that I make for you CC folks.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

jokes

stories 

sad times 

happy times 

movies

memories. 

It worked. 

Everything was perfect. 
No cookies left

❤️

Good job. I have 3 daughters I have walked down the isle.  A dad has a hard  time holding back tears even if he is not a crier.  She’s your loving baby girl.

• Like 2