Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Interesting.  I’m using my iPhone.  I see the lock in front of the cc address but clicking on it doesn’t do anything.  I’m tech challenged so if anyone else with an iPhone knows if this can be done (clearing just cc history) please chime in.  

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but you can clear cookies from individual websites on an iPhone (i.e. without affecting other websites) as follows:

• Go to iPhone Settings, and scroll down to Safari.
  • Click on Safari and then scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced.
  • Click on Website Data.  This will show a list of all website cookies stored on your phone.  You may need to click on Show All Sites at the bottom.
  • To clear cookies for an individual site, swipe left on that site's name.  

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Also, if your phone is anything like mine, you will have a very long list of websites in your Website Data.  You can use the search box at the top of the page to narrow down the list.  If you type "cruise", you'll only see web sites with cruise in the name.  Surprisingly (maybe not), I had 12 different web sites with the word cruise in the name, but it's much easier to find cruisecritic.com that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Guys, please forgive my rant but the issues with this sight are RIDICULOUS!  Just constant issues with posting or being able to like posts. I try to log out but get an error message and remain logged in (I can tell because my username still shows in the upper right corner), yet if I try to comment it tells me to login!   The only thing that sometimes works is to clear my history but frankly that’s a PITA because it clears my history from all the websites I visit.  Anyone else have luck with a different solution?

🤬🤬

(note: only able to post this by clearing my history yet again)

While away I mostly used my phone. The phone gives me more problems than the iPad.  Also when I was going from phone to iPad back to phone problems were more often.  Refreshing usually works on the iPad. I think because when I set it up on the iPad it saved my sign in so when I come to the sight on the iPad, sign in is automatic.  I found, especially when doing the review, it was less frustrating when I wrote a longer message in notes then copy and paste it. If I write an unexpected long response, like the one 😆, I copy it before I hit submit so if it goes sideways, I can paste it back in.  ( 😝 it won’t let me copy this time 😆

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but you can clear cookies from individual websites on an iPhone (i.e. without affecting other websites) as follows:

• Go to iPhone Settings, and scroll down to Safari.
  • Click on Safari and then scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced.
  • Click on Website Data.  This will show a list of all website cookies stored on your phone.  You may need to click on Show All Sites at the bottom.
  • To clear cookies for an individual site, swipe left on that site's name.  

Hope this helps.

Thank you Bob! I’ll give this a try.  

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Are you accessing CC through the CC app or navigating to via a web browser on your phone such as chrome, safari or firefox? If you are using the CC app,  don't use it it's no longer supported.

Thanks, using Safari web browser. I never liked the app.   Bob & Ozark have suggested a couple of things I’ll try.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Interesting.  I’m using my iPhone.  I see the lock in front of the cc address but clicking on it doesn’t do anything.  I’m tech challenged so if anyone else with an iPhone knows if this can be done (clearing just cc history) please chime in.  

Sometimes, if I go to the top (iPhone) and click on previous and go back four or five pages, I see quote again at the bottom of posts. Then I click on Next to jump to last page, and click on previous to creep backwards till I’m where I need to be. I’m totally technically inept so have to do everything the hard way. 
Pita, but I don’t have to clear cookies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Though each month you refuse the money....you have lost that in total as well.    

Bucky took his at 62, figuring his "break even point" would be at age 80.  😉   I opted to wait a bit, and now get as much as he does.   But when I add up the 4.2 years of monthly money I refused as total...ouch!  $$  😮   Hope I live long enough to make it worth it.  🤭

Take the SS now before there isn't any left that you are worked hard for and are entitled to. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife just had a hit and run accident on her new car , earlier this year same thing, but this time she got the license plate, need to get a car camera installed, just very minor damage and she is fine . 

Glad she’s ok. It’s a shock when someone hits you, and an even bigger shock when they run instead of taking responsibility. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Taking into consideration all the differences between countries, etc., if I may offer my opinion, as I think that the "principle" might be the same...

Our sons were very lucky and got an apartment through a lottery for people without lodging / houses.

The married one choose to live there [ "sleeping city"], whereas the single one [DS1], whose work is in Tel-Aviv, is renting it, and renting in Tel-Aviv.

Since the rates in TA are higher, he has to add almost 100$ on top of the rent he is charging in the "sleeping city".

Usually, the rents go up [in place were there is demand] every year 2.5%-5%.

After the 1st year, DS1 wanted to raise the rent. We told him that he has good renters, who keep his apartment in good shape, no problems with the monthly rent.

If, between renters, he will have 2 weeks of "empty" flat, there goes the "raise", since the other payments ["condo tax", city tax, electricity, water, etc.] will continue, even if the flat is not occupied. Also, no guarantee who the next renters will be, even if we check them thoroughly...

His renters just began their 4th yearly contract with the same rent. He is happy, they are happy.

Yes, that is pretty much how I feel.   I'm happy as is and know our renters are too as it is a couple of them that have told me we are too cheap with our rent.  

We will take a closer look at the figures when we do our totals for year end.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, what provider did you use before you switched to comcast/xfinity?  We've only been able to have comcast/xfinity since we moved here 5 years ago.  It had gotten so expensive, that we only have internet, and that's costing us $125 per month.  We've been streaming for the past year or so.

We had verizon fios for internet and 3 tv connections and were paying 198.75 a month and 2yr  contract was up in august and new bill was $229.  

Comcast just had a promotion for internet only for 2 years at $29.99 plus $14 to rent their galaxy router also includes a free 4k streaming box.   new total with tax will be 45.73  I ordered this past weekend and was surprised how quick they came out and on time too!

At home we have dish tv which I love and pay around $125 a month with showtime, cinemax, epix and occasional specials on hbo for $5 a month.   We have comcast internet and I have to check but I think we pay around $65

Sorry for rambling on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing your sister all the best.

Did you mention she had a sinus infection/problem? Could her loss of smell have something to do with that?

Thank you so much!  She's had sinus issues in the past but never lost her sense of smell and taste before.  

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hope all is well with your sister.  Since she's been triple vacced,  she should be okay.❤️

Thanks, Maryann, I feel the same way but she is a worrier.

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your sister Bonnie.

Graham.

Thank you for your prayers, Graham and Pauline.

3 hours ago, George C said:

My wife just had a hit and run accident on her new car , earlier this year same thing, but this time she got the license plate, need to get a car camera installed, just very minor damage and she is fine . 

I'm glad she's ok and good she got the license plate #.  Hard to believe there are people out there who are so irresponsible to just drive away,

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did you go to the California lighthouse?

No, I just walked around. We have been to it before and will probably go again next time we are there.

11 hours ago, George C said:

Glad I don’t have to clean those litter boxes 

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

We have 3.  Scoop twice a day.

Yikes, have you ever considered a self cleaning litter box? We have the Litter Robot 3 Connect and love it. Best money ever spent on them except of course vet bills. They have a 90 day in home trial, but not sure of the details.

https://www.litter-robot.com/litter-robot-iii-open-air-with-connect.html/

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Uh oh.  My sister who is triple vaxxed might have covid.  She took a rapid test as a precaution when she went in for sinus and throat issues a few days ago.  Rapid test came back negative.  However, now she doesn't have a sense of smell or taste so back to the doctor this morning who took another covid test, this time not the rapid one. She should get the results in 3 days.  

My sister was with her 2 married kids, grandkids and a bunch of friends these last few days.  All double vaxxed.  We were supposed to have lunch with her and BIL but in hindsight we're glad we couldn't make it.  I told her IF she has covid in all probability she won't feel any worse than she does now. Those vaccines really do help lower the severity.

She's freaking worried.  I don't blame her 😟

Hope she doesn't have it, but being triple vaxxed should help.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Glad to hear she is ok. 

• Like 2

Lenny

When medical tests are involved, the waiting for results can be so difficult. Do not loose hope that your Mallory’s diagnosis will be a good one. She is a fortunate child in that she has a loving family  including Grandparents who love  and support her so much.

I wanted to reply about your comment about how you and your wife have  visited  Greenport. While it has recently  become a very popular place for day trips and weekend get-always, I think it was a much nicer place in the 1960’s and 1970’s. Maybe my good memories of the village as I was growing up has influenced my view.

In those days,the waterfront was bustling with numerous marinas that accommodated beautiful cabin cruisers and sailboats. One of my uncles owned a marina there, Hayes and Hayes. My cousin and I loved to walk his docks,admiring the boats. 

There were stores that sold  fine clothing for children,women and men. My aunts frequented a shop called Rosie’s owned by a woman named Rosie Katz. She sold lovely dresses and other women’s apparel.

One store that was always interesting to me was the Arcade. You could buy anything and everything there including household goods , toys and games, clothing and sporting equipment. Towards the end of many Summers, I would buy some school supplies in anticipation of a new school year. 

After some serious shopping, my aunts would take my cousin and me to the Paradise,a soda fountain/ luncheonette for what my Aunt Fran would call a cool drink. Other times,when there was a family celebration, we would have dinner at either Mitchell’s restaurant or Claudio’s restaurant on the waterfront or at Porky’s restaurant which was a bit out of the village. All those establishments are gone now,except for Claudio’s which was recently sold after being family-run for decades

Now, there are a  limited amount of marinas,although it seems that in the past few years, beautiful ships have returned to the waterfront. Yachts are often seen moored at the docks. There are stores,but mostly those of the souvenir variety

There are a number of restaurants in the village, but I think they lack some of the finesse of the ones I mentioned. But, I may have a glamorous memory of them as I remember them from a younger age and a happy time shared with my family.

I hope you don’t mind my trip down memory lane. It was your comment about visiting Greenport that caused me to think of what a lovely village it was about fifty years ago. I am glad that you and Toby were able to enjoy your trips there.

Take care

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 4

On 10/13/2021 at 11:16 PM, dani negreanu said:

An example of how Covid-19 messed up lives....

Our next door neighbors have 3 beautiful daughters. One of them was a FA with my son, but her dream was to be a pilot. She saved and saved until she had enough to fly to Florida, to start training (2017). Very hard for her to be there all alone -- they are a very close knit family.

She passed all her tests with "flying colors", until in February 2020 she had the commercial pilot license and 1000 hours to start looking for a job.... She had her dream, but nowhere to fly. In Israel from 2/2020, working on a whole different job. I feel for sad for her, after all the hardship and loneliness.

Ofri.jpg

Not covid but similar story to ours.  Hubby was trying to get his commercial pilots licence,  had over 1000 hours as pilot in command in his log book . Was a flying instructor,  but we ran out of time and money. It was the early 90's and because of a bad recession nobody was hiring pilots. Children came along and we had to give up his dream, but ....... 

It all came good as the criteria for flight planners was (then) either to have a professional flying qualification or aviation qualifications, which he had both.  So it helped him get a job he always wanted.

Airlines are beginning to hire, but unfortunately in the airline business a lot of its who you know . 

I hope she finds her dream job soon 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, island lady said:

I just got my second Social Security deposit.  Whoo...hoo!!  Making a living again.  😄 

My first one next March. Women use to get it at 60 but state pension recently changed to same as men at 66  so I've had to wait an extra 6 years before I get my first credit 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, George C said:

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Glad she’s ok. It’s a shock when someone hits you, and an even bigger shock when they run instead of taking responsibility. 

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, thankful she is fine😍

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm glad she's ok and good she got the license plate #.  Hard to believe there are people out there who are so irresponsible to just drive away,

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear she is ok. 

+ 5 👍

• Like 2