Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I used to do a big halloween display light show that I think I've posted in the past. I quite doing it after my back and knees couldn't do all the work.

When we first had the house built, most of our neighbors would gather on my driveway and enjoy the show while handing  out candy with our little fire pit and some really good cocktails. Now all of our kids are grown so we don't do it anymore. Kind of sad. I miss those days.

For cocktails most of us would probably show up.😊

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I have to assume that there are many who read this thread, but chose not to post....

Otherwise, hard to explain this huge number of views 😲

@lenquixote66

+ 10 to all the other "superlatives" "accorded" to your a$#& former boss....

Yes, there are. Started reading this thread at the first day of it's existance and checked on it daily. During that time I got pregnant and my baby is now 8 months old - this is how long this thread is going on. I sometimes even talk about this thread and my 'cruise friends' to my husband. Never cruised in my life, nor am I really planning to try it soon. Got curious about cruising at the end of 2019, found this board, then C thing happened and world stood still and I started reading this thread. Many moons later here we are. Now back to lurking. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, orange_crow said:

Yes, there are. Started reading this thread at the first day of it's existance and checked on it daily. During that time I got pregnant and my baby is now 8 months old - this is how long this thread is going on. I sometimes even talk about this thread and my 'cruise friends' to my husband. Never cruised in my life, nor am I really planning to try it soon. Got curious about cruising at the end of 2019, found this board, then C thing happened and world stood still and I started reading this thread. Many moons later here we are. Now back to lurking. 

No need to just lurk.  The more the merrier.  You could start by posting a pic of the baby.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

More new kitty pics. She seems to like us, but she and other kitty Milo aren’t too thrilled with each other. 😂 It will take time.

B3FD4F1A-B5CE-4C3E-8BAC-13C53ED17EC2.jpeg

CF346C11-0781-4C8E-A15A-749C3DFCBF41.jpeg

7D70D726-176D-407F-8C7C-B71C9F211489.jpeg

She is looking more relaxed today.  Glad to see her settling here.  I'm sure her and Milo will be best friends and enjoy playing together real soon.😺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That surprises me. The Catholic church typically wants us to turn out as many kids as possible... you know... future revenue sources.

Before anyone jumps all over me I'm just joking about my own religion... sort of.😯😇

My sister-in-law always called that “kidding on the square”.

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

8pm 

7E787D64-E248-451E-A065-95B191B77C7D.thumb.jpeg.ba81e89ce36c3ae880b7161ef7866c92.jpeg

No kids yet.  Looks like we will be eating some of these goodies. Perhaps some Canadian items you have never seen before. 

CAB2D7DB-3ECF-4091-B3DB-EC57B7068E62.thumb.jpeg.0e3be8a445ee6274c210015b4bec9cc2.jpeg

I'm coming to your house, my wife is giving out dollar bills. Say's she doesn't want to chance on having any left over candy around the house for us to have to eat. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Was she wearing a Devil costume while doing this?  Only seems appropriate.😉😂 

I think she was scarred for life.  Every now and then she mentions it. 😏

1 hour ago, orange_crow said:

How nice you dropped by.  Now you need not lurk anymore. And welcome!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The one with the A caught my eye too.  Looks yummy.

AERO Milk Chocolate Bar 4-pack | Nestlé Canada

Why We Love It

Light and bubbly, this unique candy bar is "filled" with air bubbles for an incredible melt-in-your-mouth experience. A deliciously creamy Nestle milk chocolate bar, it's a small piece of heaven in every bite.
The other one:
  • NESTLE COFFEE CRISP bars are known of delicious blend of crispy wafer, thin chocolatey coating, and subtle coffee aroma, makes for a nice, light and not too sweet snack...

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why We Love It

Light and bubbly, this unique candy bar is "filled" with air bubbles for an incredible melt-in-your-mouth experience. A deliciously creamy Nestle milk chocolate bar, it's a small piece of heaven in every bite.

We had something similar back when we were kids.

choco lite candy bar | Choco'Lite | Memories of my childhood (Food/Beverage  ... | Old school candy, Candy bar, Choco's

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

OK, I really need to stop googling Canadian candy.  I did find one more for Andrew though. 😄 

12 Chocolate Bars in Canada You Won't Find in the US

We went to a bar today to see Buffalo Bills squish the fish (Miami dolphins ) outside of the bar some Buffalo fans had case or two of Canadian beer Old Vienna offering us a can pre and post game we graciously declined. 

• Like 1

We only had maybe 10 trick or treaters. We did however have a little boy from around the corner and his mother said we were his first ever trick or treat house. Here is a pic of our grandkids 12 and  6. The 12 year old wore her costume just for the picture.

halloween.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

CAB2D7DB-3ECF-4091-B3DB-EC57B7068E62.thumb.jpeg.0e3be8a445ee6274c210015b4bec9cc2.jpeg

you give out the good stuff like me. No mini’s at my house.

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

O.K., What am I missing here ? ? ? ?  Where in the rule book does it says you have to have kids around ? ? ?

If you  still have a driveway, fire pit, neighbors and some really good cocktails, I say "Go for it"! ! !

Just another way to continue the start your retirement. 😅 🤣  😂 🥃

True that. Had a few beers with the neighbors tonight. Weather was perfect.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

For cocktails most of us would probably show up.😊

You are welcome at my house anytime. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bill is waiting for revelers because he really enjoys Halloween. It is almost 8 o'clock and we have had 3 trick or treaters. I think this year will be a bust as well. The cat, Bobby also wonders what he is waiting for. :classic_biggrin:

Bill waiting.JPG

• Like 12

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

OK, I really need to stop googling Canadian candy.  I did find one more for Andrew though. 😄 

12 Chocolate Bars in Canada You Won't Find in the US

We were camping in Canada and when zi went grocery shopping I bought KoolAid for the kids. The flavor that intrigued me was “Raisin”. I couldn’t imagine raisin KoolAid. I guess raisin is French for grape? Because that’s what it was!

• Like 1