Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Heads up, it does need a power cord.  However that cord has multiple plugs and it is the same cord that powers “the cruise ship”.  It’s a bit pricy too, but pretty unique.

B41519EC-D343-41F0-BEEA-BF83B9350184.thumb.jpeg.ee18074681bdd1327bbeecc0211e6ee9.jpeg

I love it! Your tree is so perfect. Is that a Balsam Hill Tree?

I have a cruise ship on my vintage aluminum Christmas tree.

EA143840-B57E-4798-AE81-14106395B8E5.thumb.jpeg.e7b6d1ee35a6a34642ce3ee10d01f2c4.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love it! Your tree is so perfect.

Thank-you for the compliment.  I bet all cruisers have a ship on their tree. 

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Is that a Balsam Hill Tree?

No, it’s from the North London Costco Forest. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you for the compliment.  I bet all cruisers have a ship on their tree. 

No, it’s from the North London Costco Forest. 

Yeah I think that’s true.

one of the best trees I’ve seen.

• Like 1

So I was talking to some of my Christmas music collector friends and we were talking about some of our favorite traditional  Christmas carols. I have always been partial to "Greensleeves" which is a version of "What Child is This".

I think most of you know that before I got into Broadcast television I was a professional musician. I've always loved big band jazz. I used to play with a jazz big band called the WCC Jazz Big Band. We recorded a Christmas album and one of tracks was my favorite "Greensleeves." During the recording I set up a camera to record my performance as I always self critique myself. This is not an effort to brag or get self praise but I'm proud of the arrangement and chart we did and the recording. Here is the video if you are interested.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I was talking to some of my Christmas music collector friends and we were talking about some of our favorite traditional  Christmas carols. I have always been partial to "Greensleeves" which is a version of "What Child is This".

I think most of you know that before I got into Broadcast television I was a professional musician. I've always loved big band jazz. I used to play with a jazz big band called the WCC Jazz Big Band. We recorded a Christmas album and one of tracks was my favorite "Greensleeves." During the recording I set up a camera to record my performance as I always self critique myself. This is not an effort to brag or get self praise but I'm proud of the arrangement and chart we did and the recording. Here is the video if you are interested.

I'd say go ahead and brag all you want and be proud because it is absolutely fantastic!  Love the beat.  Very well done!  Wish I could've continue with my drum lessons.  Greensleeves was one of the songs we learned to play on the guitar in high school, too.  Then we learned "What Child Is This".  Great song.  

Speaking of favorite Christmas songs.  Forgot to mention.  'Hallelujah Chorus' from Handel's Messiah.  Gives you goose bumps every time.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This is great Greg!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just got a new picture of my dear "step"-cat 🐱

2100465712_Licci2021-12-06at14_53_50.thumb.jpeg.ce0ec555eca6022453bfafc566fe2757.jpeg

Very cute.  What is it with cats that they like to get into things?  My oldest daughter has cat who's favorite thing is the box for a 12 pack of Miller Lite beer cans.  Her boyfriend puts it on the floor and the cat is entertained for hours.

• Like 4

I love it!

• Like 1

I loved watching this, both for the overall song and the drumming.  Like most kids, I dabbled in music growing up (piano, trumpet, french horn) but didn't take it through high school.  I never did anything percussion related though.  Whether it's the passing of Neil Peart and Charlie Watts, or the Nandi Bushell YouTube videos, or just having too much free time on my hands, I've been watching a lot of drumming related videos lately.  I've tried to follow some of the technical aspects of drumming but since I have no background, I've given up and am just enjoying focusing on what the drummer is doing rather than having it be just a background beat.  You may have seen this video on the Top 20 Drum Intros of All Time.  I found it fascinating.  That guy has some other really interesting videos on his site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The breeder just sent us a new picture of Elizabeth. So cute. We can't wait to pick her up right after Christmas.

IMG_2293.thumb.jpg.3825dc3bfd0e72789cb6d55a763cff48.jpg

Greg - I don't recall if you've posted anything about Lizzy in John's thread.  She'd fit in perfectly with Bella, Merlin, OWD, and Rodrhi (and others that I may have missed).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Speaking of favorite Christmas songs.  Forgot to mention.  'Hallelujah Chorus' from Handel's Messiah.  Gives you goose bumps every time.

I have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's version of this and it does give me goose bumps.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just got a new picture of my dear "step"-cat 🐱

2100465712_Licci2021-12-06at14_53_50.thumb.jpeg.ce0ec555eca6022453bfafc566fe2757.jpeg

I love this cat.

55 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is great Greg!

Thanks for watching.

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love it!

Thanks it was fun to record.

37 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

We woke up to a brisk -25 degrees (-11 F). Luckily, it’s housework today for me!

I like your idea. I love staying in a warm cozy house when it's cold outside.

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I loved watching this, both for the overall song and the drumming.  Like most kids, I dabbled in music growing up (piano, trumpet, french horn) but didn't take it through high school.  I never did anything percussion related though.  Whether it's the passing of Neil Peart and Charlie Watts, or the Nandi Bushell YouTube videos, or just having too much free time on my hands, I've been watching a lot of drumming related videos lately.  I've tried to follow some of the technical aspects of drumming but since I have no background, I've given up and am just enjoying focusing on what the drummer is doing rather than having it be just a background beat.  You may have seen this video on the Top 20 Drum Intros of All Time.  I found it fascinating.  That guy has some other really interesting videos on his site.

Never too late to learn. When I was a kid my parents took to a parade and when I saw the drum section I said I want to do that. Being a musician and drummer has made me a better student and a better person. The way you to think about things helps in all aspects of life. The only downside is that I tap all the time with my fingers and hands. It drives Linda nuts sometimes.

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Greg - I don't recall if you've posted anything about Lizzy in John's thread.  She'd fit in perfectly with Bella, Merlin, OWD, and Rodrhi (and others that I may have missed).

Thanks. We got a good group of dogs on that thread.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nice to see Phil Collins (and Clarence Thompson) made the list.  Those two were amazing when they had drum battles.  Sad that they had a falling out and Clarence isn't with Phil and Genesis anymore.  We see Genesis next week in Boston.  Phil can't drum anymore, can't even stand to sing at the concerts but does very well from a chair.  His son now Nicholas, who is only 20, has now taken over for his father.  We saw them a couple of years ago on a solo tour by Phil and the kid is really talented.  Amazing on the piano too.

• Like 2

I am music illiterate, but love listening to Christmas music.  Thanks for all the music posts.

Cats, love cats, so pretty.

Got an interesting invitation today.

My 8th grade elementary class is hosting a holiday get together, a mere 51- 1/2  years ago  since we graduated 8th grade.

Our Grade school  St. Dominics in Youngstown Ohio   (Private) (Back then the tuition was $10 dollars for first child $9 for second and $8 for third, down the pecking order) was church funded.  

After 8th grade our parents enrolled us into one of the many High Schools in the area depending on what school district you lived in.  There were over 10 local HS. and if your parents had a lot of money you went to the 'THE Academy's'.  One local and then Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

We had two local private  HS.

Now mind you when I went to grade school, I was the timid shy girl.  

No one knew I existed except for a few friends.

This will be interesting.

I can just hear them saying when I walk in "Sue who?"

Wish me luck and I will update you.

Be safe

• Like 10

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

We woke up to a brisk -25 degrees (-11 F). Luckily, it’s housework today for me!

We actually turned the a/c back on to 68° before we went to bed.  The temp dropped and we woke up to 64°. Also woke up to banging and grinding.  The deck guys were working on the deck by 7am.  At times it was so loud it sounded like they were in the house.  No complaints though, looking forward to it being done.

• Like 3