Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

No, it’s from the North London Costco Forest. 

LOL, Andrew!!  Your tree is beautiful!

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Linda thinks I'm crazy but I still love cold weather like that as it get's close to Christmas.

I've really come to hate the cold.  I'm planning on heading to Florida next year for the month of November, and just come back home for Christmas.  Just sayin....

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful, Greg!  Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just got a new picture of my dear "step"-cat 🐱

2100465712_Licci2021-12-06at14_53_50.thumb.jpeg.ce0ec555eca6022453bfafc566fe2757.jpeg

Very pretty!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Miss Priss and Marcel certainly did...

20160806_142841.thumb.jpg.a8ce9361c18930b0955a51bcb27c026d.jpg

1407911740_MarcelinShoes2.thumb.jpg.5c5e8e23ae1a810d63b45475a8094b68.jpg

IMG_8248.thumb.JPG.6535cde1a7ec7130a6f2b4a971929508.JPG

I love how your one baby is trying on mommy's shoes!😁  I'm thinking it may be Miss Priss!?

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Never too late to learn. When I was a kid my parents took to a parade and when I saw the drum section I said I want to do that. Being a musician and drummer has made me a better student and a better person. The way you to think about things helps in all aspects of life. 

Our 12 year old grandson is in the school band, playing the flute. He's been playing since 4th grade.   He loves it!  While the HS Band marched past us yesterday, I asked if he'll be joining the Marching Band once he's in High School, and he said he's seriously thinking about it.  I don't watch too much football, but if he joins the band in 2 years, I know I'll be attending every game!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We actually turned the a/c back on to 68° before we went to bed.  The temp dropped and we woke up to 64°. Also woke up to banging and grinding.  The deck guys were working on the deck by 7am.  At times it was so loud it sounded like they were in the house.  No complaints though, looking forward to it being done.

It is so worth hearing the noise in order to get to enjoy your new deck!!

• Like 3

So....like Debbie and Mark, we've done several leaf clean-ups around here.  By Saturday afternoon, I was done with both the front and back...all cleaned up.  

This morning, I woke up to the entire back, front, and side of the house completely blanketed with leaves.  I believe the trees not only on our property, but those surrounding our property, are laughing at me today.  Perhaps the Grinch and the Krampus had something to do with this atrocity??

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

@dani negreanuDo you know where someone can get a covid test or the test kit in order to fly to the US?

If you mean from Israel, for starters you have Magen David (the equivalent of your Red Cross). All the hospitals will also do it for charge. Pls. let me know if you want more specifics.

https://www.mdais.org/en/news/a-rapid-test-result-within-15-minutes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

So....like Debbie and Mark, we've done several leaf clean-ups around here.  By Saturday afternoon, I was done with both the front and back...all cleaned up.  

This morning, I woke up to the entire back, front, and side of the house completely blanketed with leaves.  I believe the trees not only on our property, but those surrounding our property, are laughing at me today.  Perhaps the Grinch and the Krampus had something to do with this atrocity??

I hear ya. I've been doing leaf clean-up once a week since mid-October. I'm about 90% done.  The yard will look great for a day & then more will blow in from somewhere. I have a few Japanese Red Maples trees that refuse to drop their leaves until at least Christmas, sometime early January.  If the ground is frozen, well, they'll stay stuck there to the ground to at least mid-March. 😃

This is why I enjoy snow blowing so much more!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

2100465712_Licci2021-12-06at14_53_50.thumb.jpeg.ce0ec555eca6022453bfafc566fe2757.jpeg

This is definitely to one way to season your new cast iron pan. 😂

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Best pictures ever.   Cats love small spaces and boxes.  

They sure do. The photos had me laughing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

While I do agree it is nice to have cooler weather, and dare I even say snow, to get in the holiday mood, I will take the warmer weather we are having here anytime.  I had never played golf before retiring and moving to SC but am trying to learn.  DH has played on and off for years and still trying to master the game, is that even possible?  Anyway this was our view earlier today as we "played" 9 holes, 70 degrees, nice breeze and abundant sunshine, great December day.

20211206_123407.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I am music illiterate, but love listening to Christmas music.  Thanks for all the music posts.

Cats, love cats, so pretty.

Got an interesting invitation today.

My 8th grade elementary class is hosting a holiday get together, a mere 51- 1/2  years ago  since we graduated 8th grade.

Our Grade school  St. Dominics in Youngstown Ohio   (Private) (Back then the tuition was $10 dollars for first child $9 for second and $8 for third, down the pecking order) was church funded.  

After 8th grade our parents enrolled us into one of the many High Schools in the area depending on what school district you lived in.  There were over 10 local HS. and if your parents had a lot of money you went to the 'THE Academy's'.  One local and then Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

We had two local private  HS.

Now mind you when I went to grade school, I was the timid shy girl.  

No one knew I existed except for a few friends.

This will be interesting.

I can just hear them saying when I walk in "Sue who?"

Wish me luck and I will update you.

Be safe

I never went to any of my school reunions but a friend who went to a different school then me, said her 40th HS reunion was exciting and wonderful.  I'm sure yours will be just as fabulous.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

One time while looking out of my bedroom window in NY, I saw my neighbor's lawn service blowing leaves on MY side lawn from the house next door!!  I don't mean a few leaves found their way on my property by accident.  I am saying the blower was purposely blowing leaves straight onto my property.  I flew down the stairs (much easier years ago) ran out the door and told the lawn guys to please blow the leaves back on my neighbor's lawn.  I watched them for another hour until they were done and drove away.  I didn't mention it to our neighbors because I didn't want to be knows as THAT neighbor. 😉

• Like 5

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you for the compliment.  I bet all cruisers have a ship on their tree. 

No we have several airplanes, but I do need to buy one.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So cute.

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Miss Priss and Marcel certainly did...

20160806_142841.thumb.jpg.a8ce9361c18930b0955a51bcb27c026d.jpg

1407911740_MarcelinShoes2.thumb.jpg.5c5e8e23ae1a810d63b45475a8094b68.jpg

IMG_8248.thumb.JPG.6535cde1a7ec7130a6f2b4a971929508.JPG

More cute kitties. Love Marcel in the shoes.

• Like 6

Yesterday we installed our new over the range microwave to go with the new stove we had to buy after our little "incident".  We decided we might as well replace both since the microwave was the same age as the stove and was likely the next thing to have an "incident".  Took a little longer than expected to install as the old one had a weird bracket holding it up and we needed to install a different bracket which included drilling the tile backsplash.  We managed to get that done without cracking any tiles and it really looks great.

The one thing that makes no sense is the stove and the microwave are the same manufacturer, same black stainless, same everything except the digital displays.  The stove has white numbers and the microwave has green.  Yes, I know, just a small, insignificant thing, but it makes no sense!  It would be different if they were from two different manufacturers but they are from the same one and the same line of appliances.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yesterday we installed our new over the range microwave to go with the new stove we had to buy after our little "incident".  We decided we might as well replace both since the microwave was the same age as the stove and was likely the next thing to have an "incident".  Took a little longer than expected to install as the old one had a weird bracket holding it up and we needed to install a different bracket which included drilling the tile backsplash.  We managed to get that done without cracking any tiles and it really looks great.

The one thing that makes no sense is the stove and the microwave are the same manufacturer, same black stainless, same everything except the digital displays.  The stove has white numbers and the microwave has green.  Yes, I know, just a small, insignificant thing, but it makes no sense!  It would be different if they were from two different manufacturers but they are from the same one and the same line of appliances.

That would bug me till I could be told the reason. Especially the same manufacturer and level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Cute Marcel (how did he get his name? Marcel is also a Romanian name...) 🥰

We got Marcel and another kitty at the same time.  While driving home with them, one of them meowed constantly, but the other was silent.  Andy asked, "which one is making all that ruckus?" So the noisy one we named Ruckus.  The silent one went nameless for a while until we could figure out his personality.  One day it dawned on me we should name him after the mime Marcel Marceau, so Marcel he became! 

Sadly, Ruckus lived only a few weeks, as she had the FIP virus.  But we got another kitty 6 months later, and that was Miss Priss.  Marcel remained rather silent for 14 years, but after we lost Miss Priss this July, he starting meowing a lot.  He's obviously missing her and is very needy, wanting (and getting) lots of loving, following us around more closely than ever.  I think he'd do well if we got a kitten, but we aren't ready for the long-term commitment. We'd love to do like @island ladyand just pick up and travel without worrying about what to do with the cats.  🙂 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am saying the blower was purposely blowing leaves straight onto my property.

I love it when the yard services blow the excess down the street.  Like where do they think it is going to go?

We did another cleanup yesterday and it looked great until this morning.  We have three Japanese maples along with one small oak that refuses to drop its leaves like all the other trees.  Holdouts every single year.  The oak will have its nice red leaves right up it is forced to let them go for the new growth.   

Just love the cat pictures, not only beautiful but entertaining!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I love it when the yard services blow the excess down the street.  Like where do they think it is going to go?

We did another cleanup yesterday and it looked great until this morning.  We have three Japanese maples along with one small oak that refuses to drop its leaves like all the other trees.  Holdouts every single year.  The oak will have its nice red leaves right up it is forced to let them go for the new growth.   

Just love the cat pictures, not only beautiful but entertaining!

We’re fortunate to have woods behind us so Andy can just blow all the leaves back there.  It still has to be done every few days but at least he does have to pile them up and bag them.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

These are classics. Cats always love it when you flush the toilet. 

Greg,by any chance are you familiar with the jazz musician Al Block who passed away a few years ago.He played with the Benny Goodman band and many others.He also had his own band,The Al Block Trio.

He was also my cousin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay my friends, I have a question.  I checked in for my Anthem cruise.  We got 11:30 checkin time and it is on the setsail pass.  Now I noticed the app has a section for wellness checkin, is that the same?  Those times start at noon so I didn’t want to check anything.

No. I think it just means your wellness check in is 11.30 am to 12 noon aka your port arrival time window.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1