Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

What mess? I "don't c" no mess... "I've seen" people enjoying their vacay...😁

BTW, I thoroughly like the kitchen cabinets and the island. And the lamp.

Agree. You should see the condos we rent in Florida after a few days LOL! Of course we always clean up before we leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

My very favorite type of meal!

Cheese covered pickles is a new one on me. Do they taste like a cheeseburger without the burger?

It all looks really good to me!

They were strange to me, and that comes from a guy who liked Oreos wrapped with bacon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

The waves are very calm this morning, and the beach is not crowded. 

5A835147-62D4-475F-AE7B-E605F59523D4.thumb.jpeg.f0b20edf6c2776c70c6a8f2550e3470a.jpeg

Two of the grandkids were up, but that west coast boy was still sleeping. 

018C6E6E-C8EA-4164-8E12-8281779357A3.thumb.jpeg.6d35eafe59efa3017532be53d8cac3e9.jpeg

I remember taking a photo like this of my grandson on his first encounter with the ocean, about 6 years ago. 

CFFA9CCE-679A-4D6B-AB09-1CE5FA0E95CD.thumb.jpeg.1985177b264cd10f170344d60dcc80a4.jpeg

Somebody brought out the big sand toys. 

CAC9A199-E8EB-458A-AEA6-27B75D8A9838.thumb.jpeg.cfaa4afa335023ccef66cfe26bf234a6.jpeg

Our rental seems to be well equipped. 😂

0EC550D3-B6DD-43F7-96AF-B2D73369C68E.thumb.jpeg.b759fc66d287e7856089a6aad70c0d8c.jpeg

I do like the shower in our rental master bath.  The whole house is very modern.  However, no one can get use to the square toilets. 

BD7991CC-A915-4113-B6D5-6690BD72EC22.thumb.jpeg.69043cb9121a57c7dd8876c85d0659ea.jpeg

Beautiful place. I’m sure you mentioned it earlier but where are you exactly?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful place. I’m sure you mentioned it earlier but where are you exactly?

Ft. Lauderdale.  We are in a rental, just north of the last lifeguard booths on Ft. Lauderdale beach this year.  

The place we were originally going to stay this year was canceled on us.  I think with the hot market, it was taken off rental and sold.  

It is a nice location, 2 short blocks to the beach. 

• Like 1

@Sea Dog, I am so glad that you have found a puppy to love! Or puppies when her brother arrives.

I spent Christmas with my son’s 7 month old German Shepherd. It was interesting seeing a 65 lb puppy being carried down into the basement where my son was sleeping- apparently stairs weren’t something he has done! He got better at them, but it was still a barely controlled descent.

We are about to cancel our b2b from Galveston next month. We’re not worried about getting sick, but after the holiday is over, we would like to fly home. Canadian carriers require a negative COVID test to fly across the border.

Oh well. A staycation in Saskatchewan at the end of January will be just as good as the Gulf of Mexico! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ft. Lauderdale.  We are in a rental, just north of the last lifeguard booths on Ft. Lauderdale beach this year.  

The place we were originally going to stay this year was canceled on us.  I think with the hot market, it was taken off rental and sold.  

It is a nice location, 2 short blocks to the beach. 

looks like a fantastic place and even better location. Enjoy and have a blast! Cheers to you!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wasn’t sure if you knew her. She has lived on Long Beach Blvd near Maiden Lane forever. She’s in her late 80’s early 90’s. Some other people I know that went there every year were the Woods. Mike’s family and the Woods belonged to BLYC and were big into sailing.

Happy to hear he loves his Tesla.    

I think Maiden Lane is in Harvey Cedar's area - closer to the lighthouse.    Beautiful area.    Sorry I do not know the Woods family.      I am towards the southern end of the island at Spray Beach, down the street from the SBYC.     

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our rental seems to be well equipped. 😂

0EC550D3-B6DD-43F7-96AF-B2D73369C68E.thumb.jpeg.b759fc66d287e7856089a6aad70c0d8c.jpeg

BD7991CC-A915-4113-B6D5-6690BD72EC22.thumb.jpeg.69043cb9121a57c7dd8876c85d0659ea.jpeg

Square toilet is odd and would definitely take some getting used to.      

WooHoo a can opener...You are all set!

Looks like a perfect beach day Enjoy

It is 36, Cloudy with scattered snow flurries here in southeastern PA today.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Mr and Mrs Sea Dog are proud to announce the arrival of Lady Elizabeth “Lizzy.” She was a little scared on the ride home obviously because she has never ridden in a car. I held her in my arms.

3DC1BF94-0FB9-449C-A1AE-55D4095B25C9.thumb.jpeg.91e88325eaa0350334f939dc6cc65756.jpeg

she got home and we took her outside where is did go potty. Came inside and the breeder said feed her as it was time. She ate all her food, took her back outside 10 minutes later and she did her number two. I hope this will continue. Now she is asleep in my arms.

C10F70C4-3E6D-4B2D-A602-67907AB2029E.thumb.jpeg.5c9772a8fb754b463fc3fade4ba102eb.jpeg

Now let’s backup. At the breeder we were told that all the puppies had been sold except for one. Well guess what?

0B6B40BE-0C91-43D5-A582-CED040BB9644.thumb.jpeg.2ddc894d72aa5304b81aba151d3ad5b9.jpeg

Yes we added a brother to Elizabeth. Meet Sir Charles or Charlie as we will call him . We will come back and pick him up next week after he is microchiped. We couldn’t be happier. This 

Sea Dog is a proud papa!

Two very fortunate puppies to have such loving parents.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Are you reserving one for us please? ☺️Put your Royal Caribbean towel on it and perhaps a book.

Your grandkiddos are so cute.

For us also, got a brand new rccl beach towel as my Diamond plus gift on last month cruise

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hi @Coralc what you call biscuits, we call scones. You can have them plain with cream (or butter) and jam (essential part of a Cornish Cream Tea) or with raisins . Or savoury baked with cheese.  We have dough for biscuits or cinnamon rolls in a tin but I've never seen bread in a tin 

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, Sue! That article explains it much better. :classic_biggrin: Their (Pillsbury) cinnamon rolls in a tin are very good too. And definitely, our biscuits are not generally sweet. Savory is a good, descriptive word. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So precious 🥰  She is petite.   Is she the runt of the litter?     

Maggie was the runt of her litter but Elizabeth was first out and the only girl. I forget how many boys but quite a few. She is the only one that has the brown fur marking on her side of her face. We felt she looked unique and not exactly like Maggie.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is what I am supposed to be getting on  the Anthem, the RCCL towel!  Fingers crossed but not looking good.🥴

Fingers and toes crossed.    We are trying to self quarantine as much as possible so we test negative and we can board on Jan 9th but darn Eric has his colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow then Wednesday he has an appt at Jos A Banks to get his new tux altered.     I wish he had done this back in November but he always wait till the last minute for everything.  

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Maggie was the runt of her litter but Elizabeth was first out and the only girl. I forget how many boys but quite a few. She is the only one that has the brown fur marking on her side of her face. We felt she looked unique and not exactly like Maggie.

She has beautiful markings so does her brother Charlie.    😍

• Like 3