Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

OMG Mimi!  Please be careful and have that head checked out!  Let us know what the doctor says.  Stay safe and I hope the pacemaker is doing its thing for you and all your bruises heal quickly. 🙂 

+1

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

OMG Mimi!  Please be careful and have that head checked out!  Let us know what the doctor says.  Stay safe and I hope the pacemaker is doing its thing for you and all your bruises heal quickly. 🙂 

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

+1

+ 2, oy vey Mimi, luckily your head is hard 😘

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

+3  Heal quickly and be careful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Mimi, OMG from me too!  So sorry this happened.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny asked for New years eve stories......so here is mine. Short and sweet...(literally!)

My daugter was born on New years eve.

My Goddaughter was born on New Years Eve also..that was the night I became an Aunt for the first time!!!

We are almost at our Condo..what a trip!!  Glad it's almost over!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m attaching  a photo of my poor injured bedroom wall. Thank goodness I’m 100% German, with a hard head!

Oh No, that had to be scary laying that and yelling for help.     Good thing you have a doc appt today.    Sounds like you will be sore/stiff for a bit.      Yes, Germans are very hard headed!!

• Like 1

I had a pleasant experience today at Kroger.  My bill came to $96 and I told the cashier "oh no I have a coupon for $11 off of $110."  She asked for the coupon and gave me the discount anyway.  Honestly, I never expected it and it was such a small thing but when things like this happens, it restores my faith in humans that there are decent folks out there who go out of their way, doing something extra special to make someone (me) happy.

BTW shelves continue to need re-stocking.....sigh.  

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My Goddaughter was born on New Years Eve also..that was the night I became an Aunt for the first time!!!

We are almost at our Condo..what a trip!!  Glad it's almost over!

Maryann, I loved our car trips from TX to NJ.  I would get in the car tomorrow to do it all over again.  Jack said no way and never again. 🤣

• Like 5

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi Graham.  Your site is looking good and healing nicely. I realise now from comparing photos that my bcc removal was much more extensive (i had a long t shaped scar from my ear to the top of my forehead and then out to the end of my eyebrow) hence the plastic surgeon giving me the cream. Photo of cream attached for anyone curious. Made in Switzerland.It’s miracle stuff if used daily and massaged in properly.

981F700C-9A0C-421E-B4BB-12B623ACE8AB.jpeg

Thank you.

I will search on line for this.

I hope it worked wonders for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So guess what I did Tuesday!

I tripped over my own feet and hit the wall with my forehead. 
Wound up face down  (on my new pacemaker) between my dresser and my nightstand. 
Couldn’t push myself backwards or turn over. I yelled for a while, but Dick couldn’t hear me. He said later he could hear something but thought it was people yelling at the football game he was watching. 
Eventually I guess I yelled during a commercial, because he came running. 
The only way to get me out from between the furniture was pulling me by the ankles.

Which hurt!

Finally out in the clear, I was able to turn over and scoot to where I could lean against the bed. That’s when we saw the trail of blood from the carpet peeling the skin from my right arm. 
We tried getting me off the floor, but my knees wouldn’t hold me and I didn’t want Dick to have a heart attack trying to lift my dead weight. I asked him to hand me my phone and I used my SOS app to call 911. 
10 minutes later, 5 firefighters were here discussing how to get me up without using my left side. Because of the pacemaker. 
Once up, I said I was fine and Happy New Year and sent them on their way.
Doesn’t everyone say “I’m fine” after a fall or other accident?
So, my replacement knee is grotesquely swollen and painful. 
My natural knee won’t straighten and keeps wanting to buckle. 
My neck got wrenched back, and is really stiff. 
My forehead has a big bump and scratches from the wall. 
The pacemaker is still working…Hallelujah!

I already had an appointment this afternoon with my primary doctor for my post hospitalization follow up. That must be required by Medicare, because I had to have one last month, too. 
I’m sure he will say once all the swelling goes down, I’ll be fine. 
2022 has just got to be better than 2021, at least these last two months!!

I’m attaching  a photo of my poor injured bedroom wall. Thank goodness I’m 100% German, with a hard head!

8BB05598-EA5F-4383-8281-3CB03B0A328F.jpeg

I'm so sorry Mimi.

I hope you are okay.

Graham.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wound up face down  (on my new pacemaker) between my dresser and my nightstand. 
Couldn’t push myself backwards or turn over. I yelled for a while, but Dick couldn’t hear me. He said later he could hear something but thought it was people yelling at the football game he was watching. 
Eventually I guess I yelled during a commercial, because he came running. 
The only way to get me out from between the furniture was pulling me by the ankles.

Which hurt!

Finally out in the clear, I was able to turn over and scoot to where I could lean against the bed. That’s when we saw the trail of blood from the carpet peeling the skin from my right arm. 
We tried getting me off the floor, but my knees wouldn’t hold me and I didn’t want Dick to have a heart attack trying to lift my dead weight. I asked him to hand me my phone and I used my SOS app to call 911. 
10 minutes later, 5 firefighters were here discussing how to get me up without using my left side. Because of the pacemaker. 
Once up, I said I was fine and Happy New Year and sent them on their way.
Doesn’t everyone say “I’m fine” after a fall or other accident?
So, my replacement knee is grotesquely swollen and painful. 
My natural knee won’t straighten and keeps wanting to buckle. 
My neck got wrenched back, and is really stiff. 
My forehead has a big bump and scratches from the wall. 
The pacemaker is still working…Hallelujah!

I already had an appointment this afternoon with my primary doctor for my post hospitalization follow up. That must be required by Medicare, because I had to have one last month, too. 
I’m sure he will say once all the swelling goes down, I’ll be fine. 
2022 has just got to be better than 2021, at least these last two months!!

8BB05598-EA5F-4383-8281-3CB03B0A328F.jpeg

Sorry to hear about this,Mimi.Get better soon.

@Sea Dog. so nice the pups have each other to play with, absolutely adorable.  Thanks for the videos and pics.

@jagsfan yikes, Happy you seem to be OK but what a few weeks you've had.  Please take it easy, almost afraid to say it and jinx things, but 2022 just has to be a better year.  Had thought 2021 would be but . . . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today,in 1953 the first color TV was sold in the US for a mere 11,000 dollars.

No it sold for $1000 in 1953

Courtesy RCA __1954: __RCA begins production of its first color-TV set for consumers, the CT-100. It's destined to become a costly classic. The RCA set had a 15-inch screen and sold for $1,000

Edited by Jimbo

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No it sold for $1000 in 1953

Courtesy RCA __1954: __RCA begins production of its first color-TV set for consumers, the CT-100. It's destined to become a costly classic. The RCA set had a 15-inch screen and sold for $1,000

And that would be about $11000 in todays dollar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog  You are going to have soooo much fun recovering from your knee surgery!! 

Yes I am not looking forward to it but I know it's something I gotta do. No pain no gain as they say but I would prefer a lot of gain with little pain.

15 hours ago, George C said:

Extremely cute puppies. I was told I needed knee replacements, but stated talking the over the counter instaflex advanced pills and that really helped me.

Tried that it did not work for me. My knees are so far gone it's time for replacement. Surgery set for February 9th.

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog loving your photos & videos of the new additions to the family. Beautiful markings.  Can you remind me who is who.  This thread moves so quickly it’s hard to go back and check.  Lizzie has the darker colouring with the tan eyebrows and Charlie is all tan or is it the other way round?

Lizzy is what they call "Tri-colour" with black, white and brown markings. Charlie is a "Blenheim," which is a golden brown and white combination. Here is a pic I made for you.

827752311_TogetherwithNames.jpg.dca82b02522512a879703c6b97f3ce84.jpg

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now for something different for this morning’s sunrise.  A video. 

It’s almost like you are here with me. 

Thank you Mark. I needed that. That puts me in my happy place as I am sure it does to you too.

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wow, Mimi thank God you were not hurt seriously. I am so sorry this happened. Judging from the pic of the wall you did hit hard. Glad the pacemaker was a rock solid. Those things are amazing. Rest up I'm sure you will be sore for a while.

30 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

It is Muffin's first birthday New Years Day

Beautiful. Hi Muffin have a great Birthday with all kinds of treats!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1