Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you.  Good luck with the dentist.  I broke a tooth one time eating a tuna sandwich!

My NY dentist once told me that biting on ice cubes was good for business since more people break teeth that way than any other way. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, as I was reading the above post, I was going to post a response with the same exact comment but you beat me to it. 

Hope your jabbed arm feels better,  I was lucky.  I never even felt the needle go into my arm all 3 times.  Same with Jack.

@DaniDanielleMarietta so sorry for this sad news.  You all were lucky to have known him. 

Unfortunately, I broke part of my tooth eating ICE CREAM.  The chocolate chip did the dirty deed,  So off to the dentist I went to find out I have 2 options.  A crown or build the tooth up.  Jack had one tooth built up instead of a crown and it broke twice so a crown it is.  Mucho dinero,😒 The good news is that I have no pain at all and I totally love my dentist.  Crown work will commence Thursday. Ugh!

Something similiar.I bit into a bagel in December 2019 and broke one of my front teeth.I had to have the rest of the tooth extracted and now have crown.I have a great dentist.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Something similiar.I bit into a bagel in December 2019 and broke one of my front teeth.I had to have the rest of the tooth extracted and now have crown.I have a great dentist.

How do you have a crown if the tooth was extracted?

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, as I was reading the above post, I was going to post a response with the same exact comment but you beat me to it. 

Hope your jabbed arm feels better,  I was lucky.  I never even felt the needle go into my arm all 3 times.  Same with Jack.

@DaniDanielleMarietta so sorry for this sad news.  You all were lucky to have known him. 

Unfortunately, I broke part of my tooth eating ICE CREAM.  The chocolate chip did the dirty deed,  So off to the dentist I went to find out I have 2 options.  A crown or build the tooth up.  Jack had one tooth built up instead of a crown and it broke twice so a crown it is.  Mucho dinero,😒 The good news is that I have no pain at all and I totally love my dentist.  Crown work will commence Thursday. Ugh!

I had to get two teeth rebuilt I have a excellent dentist that specializes in that she is about 30 mins from Carrollton of northwest highway she has been listed as best in her field in D magazine, her name is Beth Tomlin. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On a very sad note, we just found out our dear friend and pastor of our Church, died this morning.

Marietta I am so sorry to hear of your beloved pastor's passing. May he Rest In Peace.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is crazy.  

Sarah got her antibody results back today and they were negative.

She was the one who started this all.  Getting  Covid at a party, coming home and infecting us all.  She was the first to test positive on the antigen test and had all the symptoms.  Then the PCR test 10 days later...negative and now this negative.  Looks like I'm paying the $200 for her to test after our Feb cruise.

On another note.  A warning to Canadians using Lifelabs fly clear program.  This is what we used get Sarah's test.  Supposed to get results back in 24 to 48 hours and you book your appointment based on your travel date.  It took us 96 hours to get Sarah's results back.  Good thing I made up travel dates and we were not traveling on the dates I submitted or we would have been stuck without test results.

I'm sorry Ken you have to deal with all this crap. It seems like there is no logical reason. Hang in there I have no doubt you will be on that ship soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On a very sad note, we just found out our dear friend and pastor of our Church, died this morning.

He was 71 and always on the move.  He baptized our daughters and celebrated many of our happy times with us. May he Rest In Peace.867DB599-6570-4CC9-BC12-4E6F1EB71D09.thumb.jpeg.c5044f88981cb1e63d505e71a833b94d.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about your Pastor Marietta.

Sending our condolences to all his friends and family.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love that view.  BBB in your future?

Took me a second 🤣  Actually right before I read this Sharon said maybe we  can go get some bottled water. 😆   We have been here a few times we thought we might just hang out at the pool if we can find an open space.20220112_055713.thumb.jpg.f8975b7d16cf6be22f4d1fd9abf37d19.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I sure hope we see that sunny blue sky for several days.  Mostly cloudy so far today.  We will be in St Maarten till 10 pm tomorrow.  

Met Pat last night at CK and told her you said hi.

It is 77⁰ and feels just nice.  When I got out earlier the I thought I could get blown off the deck.  When I took a few steps out I looked around wondering if the deck might be closed.  Off to the right of the island you can see rain.20220112_stm061304.thumb.jpg.dddfb0edaf663b84081abe275def10af.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Met Pat last night at CK and told her you said hi.

It is 77⁰ and feels just nice.  When I got out earlier the I thought I could get blown off the deck.  When I took a few steps out I looked around wondering if the deck might be closed.  Off to the right of the island you can see rain.20220112_stm061304.thumb.jpg.dddfb0edaf663b84081abe275def10af.jpg

That's nice you met Pat and thank you for saying Hi for me.  She probably had to think about who I was since she hasn't been on this thread lately.

I hope the rain holds off and you have clear blue skies.  What do you planned for today?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Good morning from Cozumel. No sunrise at sea pictures this morning, because someone put these buildings in the way. 

8C3B22A3-A3EF-4E4F-A2F4-29B46CA28B6F.thumb.jpeg.561f6f159d66f8867ae08a9073fe4d1c.jpeg

We had another Alpha, Alpha, Alpha call at 6 am this morning. Someone was having an unexpected end to their trip this morning. Susan thinks it was one older couple in our dining area.  

F5AABCDD-E555-4E3B-A2C6-188EE0C777CD.thumb.jpeg.26d69c6e8544af3287037fcdc7cf0ea5.jpeg

All of our shows are running this week.  Usually there are plenty of seats in the theatre.  The group Beatle Maniacs is onboard playing late night in the music hall.  Music hall is pretty limited due to blocked off seating, so they did one show in the theatre last night. It was very well attended. 

6BE5F3C5-72B9-4414-BB3C-EEFC3CD5F955.thumb.jpeg.dad36187341de9aaf0b274111d6c136a.jpeg

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's nice you met Pat and thank you for saying Hi for me.  She probably had to think about who I was since she hasn't been on this thread lately.

I hope the rain holds off and you have clear blue skies.  What do you planned for today?

We will a least go get bottled water.  We are not really canned water fans.  May lay out at the beach.  No real plan except to enjoy. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will a least go get bottled water.  We are not really canned water fans.  May lay out at the beach.  No real plan except to enjoy. 

that's funny.   that is on my to do list tomorrow when we dock there too.    We both dislike these canned waters.     Who would have figured that my new shopping for an island will be bottled water.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is crazy.  

Sarah got her antibody results back today and they were negative.

She was the one who started this all.  Getting  Covid at a party, coming home and infecting us all.  She was the first to test positive on the antigen test and had all the symptoms.  Then the PCR test 10 days later...negative and now this negative.  Looks like I'm paying the $200 for her to test after our Feb cruise.

On another note.  A warning to Canadians using Lifelabs fly clear program.  This is what we used get Sarah's test.  Supposed to get results back in 24 to 48 hours and you book your appointment based on your travel date.  It took us 96 hours to get Sarah's results back.  Good thing I made up travel dates and we were not traveling on the dates I submitted or we would have been stuck without test results.

I think I’m confused!

Sarah tested positive but has no antibodies?

Subsequent testing showed negative. 

So her first test was a false positive and she never had COVID. 
If that’s right, I’m not confused after all!

I guess a false positive is better than a false negative. But it can sure disrupt everything. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Sheal said:

Since Celebrity instituted the indoors mask policy what is it like in the bars?  Do you have to wear it constantly, only taking it down to take a sip (like the airlines policy right now), or are they a bit more lenient? 

Are they announcing covid cases on a daily basis?  That might be about it for now.

At a bar or the buffet you walk in with your mask on.  We keep ours on until the all double masked employee takes our order.  Then we remove the masks and leave them off the entire time we are there.  If in the buffet we put it back on when you go get something else.  Everyone I’ve seen has been adhering to the mask protocol.

Other efforts at distancing that we take are just what makes us comfortable.  If we’re at the bar and a party of four sits down too close to us for our comfort, we just get up and move.

Last night we had a strange experience.  Our first night’s dinner was in Tuscan and the occupied tables were spaced apart.  Ditto next night in Normandie where the hostess handed us paper bags to store our masks during dinner.  It was a great idea but seems not ship wide as Tuscan hadn’t done it nor Cypress last night.  Hmm.  Normandie spaced the dinners apart as well.  Last night at Cypress we had a nice dinner but before we finished dinner a party of four was seated two feet away from us.  There was also a party seated right behind us.  I didn’t feel comfortable anymore so we masked up and left.

On our way out the manager said he hoped we’d enjoyed our meal and I told him we had…but I would have liked dessert but didn’t feel comfortable when a party had been seated so close to us.  Immediately he offered us a table anywhere in the restaurant for dessert.  The place was less than 1/5 filled…there were lots of empty tables.

Their seating plan seemed to be to fill all the tables along the windows but it was full dark when we were seated.  There were rows and rows of fully set up empty tables in the rest of the restaurant.  To be proactive, I guess from now on I’ll say I’d like a table distanced from others.

I suppose they would rather have all the diners in one area of the restaurant…but if they aren’t going to leave an empty table between us then I’ll have to speak up.  What was odd is that table spacing HAD been done at Tuscan and Normandie.

As to covid cases, there have been absolutely none announced.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1