Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Final stop was North Fork visitors centre & cafe.  Sadly, the info centre is closed due to Covid.  Had a delicious lunch outdoors at the cafe with views over the harbour & city.  Then walked all the way back to our car and thankfully the heavens didn’t finally open we were on our way home.

0AD83D25-E72B-42D7-B590-3DFCC6773E20.jpeg

4274FD19-EAB4-4D5D-A478-8386870C9531.jpeg

And there’s the city in the distance!

What a beautiful walk!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for your kind words. A quote from Wiki….

The Dubai Frame is an architectural landmark in Zabeel Park, Dubai.[4] It holds the record for the largest frame in the world.[4] Whilst described by The Guardian newspaper as "the biggest picture frame on the planet,”[4] it is also controversial as the "biggest stolen building of all time.”[4]

I can’t imagine walking around the observation area on the top. My teeth would be chattering with fright!

But fantastic to look at!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for your kind words. A quote from Wiki….

The Dubai Frame is an architectural landmark in Zabeel Park, Dubai.[4] It holds the record for the largest frame in the world.[4] Whilst described by The Guardian newspaper as "the biggest picture frame on the planet,”[4] it is also controversial as the "biggest stolen building of all time.”[4]

image.jpeg.40a17f2bd092f9b0f3cc22e8763f95be.jpegIt

It reminds me of this artistic gate display in Central Park complements of Christo and Jeanne-Claude . We just happened to be visiting at the time . There were over thousands of these covering 23 miles of paths.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I can’t imagine walking around the observation area on the top. My teeth would be chattering with fright!

But fantastic to look at!

Mind u Mimi, part of the floor at the  top is glass… It took me a few mins to actually take the first step on it and looking down 150 meters… Others around me were much more courageous ….

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mind u Mimi, part of the floor at the  top is glass… It took me a few mins to actually take the first step on it and looking down 150 meters… Others around me were much more courageous ….

Are you visiting Dubai expo 2020 Dani.  it should of been on 2020 to 2021 but was delayed a year because of covid . Not sure if it's worth visiting as I haven't talked to anyone who's been 

• Like 1

Well, it seems that Burj al-Khalifa had a bit of remorse after driving us crazy with the online booking… This morning, while waiting for a guy who will perform our PCR test, DH remarked: “such a clear day for the Burj, pity about the tickets”, his email pinged…. surprise, surprise — our tickets!!! “Someone” was looking after us and didn’t let us buy them on site yesterday… I really don’t know what messed up their system with “booking failed” [took a screen pic just in case we were charged without tickets provided] and the tickets mysteriously appearing after 24 hours…

After the visit we tried for the first time eating at “Five guys”, about which I think I read here…

Then we limped slowly to our hotel, in the hope to rest and get out in the evening, but we were too bushed and called it a day. That’s one of the reasons I like cruising — if your tired, you’re not going back to a hotel room… and there are sea days in between to rest those aching feet…

Pics from above, a nice cake thinking of Lisa’s b’day 2 days from now ( @A&L_Ont, Andrew hoping all your ducks are in a row 😜), and trying to show to Mimi ( @jagsfan) the transparent floor of the Frame.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I meant he didn’t say it in the book. 
As Helen pointed out, he did say most of the line in the book, Selznick only added the word “Frankly”. 

Oh, ok.  I just took your comment without seeing what was previously posted. GWTW will always be one of my favorite movies.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

main thing is to get on good pain schedule. I wasn’t going to take the Oxycodone but I had to last night. I just took a Tramadol and will probably take another oxy before therapy. Right now leg is so tight I can’t move it as well as I did yesterday with the Toradol.

When I had surgery on my broken ankle I couldn't put weight on it for 6 weeks. When I could finally start to walk again it was very stiff. The PT said to try rubbing vitamin e on the scar tissue. It did help. This might help you when the wound heals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is 60 degrees and sunny.Tomorrow there is a 70% chance of snow.

It was 67° yesterday, It was too warm in the house at midnight so I turned the AC on.  Woke up at 8am to 32° outside, 38° right now and forecast to be 70° Wednesday.  The temperature has been all over the place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

After the visit we tried for the first time eating at “Five guys”, about which I think I read here…

The hamburger place Five Guys?  I would of never guessed one would be there.  How did you like it?  Great pics!  Some look like you took pics while landing in a plane!  So high.

• Like 1

WE will be in FLL tomorrow foe week 3 of our 4 week cruise, a Western 6 day cruise. The following week , an 8 day Eastern, and we are scheduled for Labadee.

So far, it has been somewhat cool and very windy, except for today, nice and warm.

We will be off a week, and back again. At this point, the 8 day is scheduled for Nassau, not Labadee.

• Like 9

I’ve been reading along without contributing, so best wishes to Greg for his recovery, Graham is on holiday again (and Pauline is lovely, as always), Dani is on vacation, thankfully,  and Andrew is at home, like all good Canadians 😁. The pictures of Australia are very tempting- I might be able to overcome my aversion to things that want to kill you to make the trip!

Anyhow, I am now addicted to Wordle. Thanks, Lenny! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Relaxing at the beach prior to Harmony tomorrow. 

66 events 😱, might be a personal best 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220212-143900_Life360.thumb.jpg.3e54e4becac9bbc6969c70f0fc6230f3.jpg

Events are high speed, hard acceleration,  and hard braking😉

Have a great cruise John and Lala!

Hugs for Bella🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No way. I am the world’s biggest chicken when it comes to heights. 
My children and grandchildren don’t take after me. 
Here’s my son Scott in Chicago. I don’t remember which skyscraper has the glass floor. 
And my granddaughter Hannah, on the world’s highest swing…at least then!

It’s in New Zealand. 
The wonderful adventures are wasted on me…though I did a hot air balloon in Kenya. 

122587F8-06B0-4DCE-A69B-CEDB20A8635D.jpeg

22E18911-6A61-460E-8B0A-1A381091E4DC.jpeg

5547BE0E-88A2-46BC-9ACA-A8C2AFE04878.jpeg

• Like 9