Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Fortunately, the tooth fairy was still able to find him and pay up.

Grandpa's tooth fairy pays a lot better than the one that visited our house! 😂 I received only $.25 in the 80's, so we thought our fairy was doing well to bring $5 for the first and $1 for the rest. Our son once lost a tooth while eating ice cream on the Lido of a cruise, but he managed to rescue the tooth before he swallowed it. Amazingly, the tooth fairy still found him way out at sea. 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Grandpa's tooth fairy pays a lot better than the one that visited our house! 😂 I received only $.25 in the 80's, so we thought our fairy was doing well to bring $5 for the first and $1 for the rest. Our son once lost a tooth while eating ice cream on the Lido of a cruise, but he managed to rescue the tooth before he swallowed it. Amazingly, the tooth fairy still found him way out at sea. 😄

When I sent his mom and dad the picture, his mom said he needs to swallow more teeth for a bigger payout. 🤣🤣

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When the tooth fairy visited me in the 70s I think I got 50c or a $1.   I cannot remember what she left for our boys.

The tooth fairy visited me in the 40’s.I think she left 25 cents for our daughters in the 70’s and 80’s.I had a very strange dentist when I was a kid

If you were well behaved when in the dentist chair he would give you bubble gum.He also gave every kid a small plastic box to put the teeth that he pulled so that you could have a collection.The other things I remember about him are that he had very bad breath and if you went to school with his son your parents would get a discount.There was no such thing as dental insurance in those days..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The tooth fairy visited me in the 40’s.I think she left 25 cents for our daughters in the 70’s and 80’s.I had a very strange dentist when I was a kid

If you were well behaved when in the dentist chair he would give you bubble gum.He also gave every kid a small plastic box to put the teeth that he pulled so that you could have a collection.The other things I remember about him are that he had very bad breath and if you went to school with his son your parents would get a discount.There was no such thing as dental insurance in those days..

My Brother is coming down the shore next weekend.    I am going to have to ask him how much the toothfairy left us as I am now second guessing myself.   I just asked our Son Chris and he said he remembers getting a $5 one time but thinks it was either 0.50 cents or $1.00 for most of his teeth.     Eric is thinking he probably got a $5 because we didn't have any $1's.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Dani, hope you are on board. Did you get a notification of the cruise critic meet up? We had nothing in our cabin. I think we're on the same floor. I'll leave you a note with our cabin number . Up at the sunset bar for sail away now

Bon Voyage!!!!  Have a great cruise, Sue and Gary!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Brother is coming down the shore next weekend.    I am going to have to ask him how much the toothfairy left us as I am now second guessing myself.   I just asked our Son Chris and he said he remembers getting a $5 one time but thinks it was either 0.50 cents or $1.00 for most of his teeth.     Eric is thinking he probably got a $5 because we didn't have any $1's.  

I am going to ask my grandkids how much they got from the tooth fairy.

• Like 1

Our daughter, who is getting married next fall and just moved into a condo, decided that the first thing her condo needed is a kitten.  Meet Goose.  It took Goose less than a day to make himself at home and cuddle with his new parents.  They were going to name him Maverick until they found out that Maverick would be the name of friend's baby if it's a boy.  It's purely coincidental that he is a Grey Goose. 😉

IMG_2533.thumb.JPEG.3672dd7e41bfa255fa6da4512e6f1583.JPEG

E6C135FF-C70A-42EA-9864-38155D832326.thumb.JPG.03d445e61fb059b92fca920f4f2acbf0.JPG

IMG_2578.thumb.JPEG.4c6e714979ac01c4d9156a014523d448.JPEG

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our daughter, who is getting married next fall and just moved into a condo, decided that the first thing her condo needed is a kitten.  Meet Goose.  It took Goose less than a day to make himself at home and cuddle with his new parents.  They were going to name him Maverick until they found out that Maverick would be the name of friend's baby if it's a boy.  It's purely coincidental that he is a Grey Goose. 😉

E6C135FF-C70A-42EA-9864-38155D832326.thumb.JPG.03d445e61fb059b92fca920f4f2acbf0.JPG

He looks like he has big paws.  Very sweet looking kitty and I love his colors.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Of course, one thing that happened on our flight yesterday, was that grandson swallowed a tooth.  Fortunately, the tooth fairy was still able to find him and pay up. 🤣🤣🤣

Mark,

You do know where to look for that tooth in case the Tooth Fairy comes back to reclaim it😁

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My kitten's adjustment to her new home had gone much more slowly.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hi Goose,   Welcome to your new home!!!     He looks so snuggly.    He has beautiful markings too!

I wish her the best with her new family member.😍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just asked our Son Chris and he said he remembers getting a $5 one time but thinks it was either 0.50 cents or $1.00 for most of his teeth.     Eric is thinking he probably got a $5 because we didn't have any $1's.  

I remember receiving $5 one time, probably for the same reason. :classic_biggrin: And another time, I received a whole handful of change and the tooth was still there. I remember being a little confused about the whole process. :classic_biggrin:

When I showed my mom the tooth, she said, "Oh. I'll take it for her (the tooth fairy)".  I was a little slow on the uptake. :classic_biggrin: I found my baby teeth in my mom's dresser, when we were cleaning out her stuff. I tossed them. 

I do however, have 2 of my wisdom teeth in a little display case, along with a duck skull, parrotfish beak and a small coral. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

@bobmaclibertyGoose is adorable. So many cute new kittens here lately! 

Busy few days with projects around the house. Switching over from winter bedding to summer now that nice warm weather is here. Andy’s project is a little more involved, finally changing out the weird slider in our master bedroom for a regular window.  Once the interior is done, the balcony will come down (railings already removed but he left the platform to work from) and patching of the exterior.  

I hope Dani & Sue are enjoying their cruise and can’t wait to hear all about it. 

92FF9DAB-4FD4-4642-A00B-E778E166D033.jpeg

77E003AA-FCF3-44C2-B553-1FDFDC0D686A.jpeg

92171DE1-279D-4A33-8DAD-B78BD2C732D8.jpeg

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy few days with projects around the house. Switching over from winter bedding to summer now that nice warm weather is here. Andy’s project is a little more involved, finally changing out the weird slider in our master bedroom for a regular window.  Once the interior is done, the balcony will come down (railings already removed but he left the platform to work from) and patching of the exterior.  

I hope Dani & Sue are enjoying their cruise and can’t wait to hear all about it. 

Is that hot water baseboard heat? That a great kind of heat for your winters in NH I bet. Baseboard heat is the best kind of heat, it keeps the house a nice even kind of (temp)heat compared to Hot air heat which cools down a little before heater comes on again and blower comes on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is that hot water baseboard heat? That a great kind of heat for your winters in NH I bet. Baseboard heat is the best kind of heat, it keeps the house a nice even kind of (temp)heat compared to Hot air heat which cools down a little before heater comes on again and blower comes on.

Hot water baseboard in my house too. It can interfer a bit with furniture placement but I like it much better than the forced hot air in the office. My grandparents had hot water cast iron radiators in their house. That place was so comfortable in winter.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Nice view.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

50 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He’s so cute you could drink him up. 😉😂

@bobmaclibertyTell your daughter that her cat has been re-named. It is officially Grey Goose.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1