Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Tonight’s postings, remind me why I frequently fall behind on this thread….  And when I do read it… I am shaking my head.

jc

I know.  It has been moving really fast today.  I kept thinking it would slow down.

Then I was reminded of this clip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea DogGreg- I have been thinking of mentioning a name of an animal expert that used to have a show and WOR radio in NYC a number of years ago. His name is Warren Eckstein. You could Google him as he has written a number of books about dog behavior.

When people would call his show asking for help because their puppies/dogs were chewing the furniture etc,he would recommend a product to spray on the item.I think it was called Sour Apple. It was non- toxic and it didn’t stain items,but the dogs did not like the taste and it would deter them from chewing on something they shouldn’t be chewing.

Just thought this may be helpful to you to train your pups not to chew the couch.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you I will check this book out. We have tried several sprays and it does not seem to phase them one bit.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sour Apple worked really well when my dog was a pup. It was no good for slippers or sneakers though, only wood.

Just ordered some. I'll let you know if it works. The sprays we tried did not work.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I just use two cups of sugar to two cups of water when making Limoncello. Bring to rolling boil, then cool

I remember you had simple syrup making down.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

C'est la vie.

That's French by the way.  😉

Personally, I like laundry on same level as bedrooms

Ours on the our second floor with the bedrooms. Makes it so easy. I would hate carting laundry baskets up and down a bunch of stairs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your garden looks great!     What do you have planted on the rightside of this photo?

Some of my sunflowers were starting to how sign of blooming the morning we left.   Hopefully they will be in full bloom by the time we get home.    

Zucchini plants against the fence on 1 side and 2 rows of corn  on  other fence side

I should have made more space between Zucchini and that 1 row of tomatoes, but I screwed up, going to be a ***** picking tomatoes since zucchini picking last a long time.

Sunflowers are on both ends against the fence but they are only like an inch high, can't see them in the pics.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

Better to be paying for a leaking toilet than to be drinking from it so to speak.  Water is becoming such a precious commodity here than our water municipality has built a toilet to tap facility. We toured it and my husband actually tasted it . Me no !  There is also a desalination plant on the coast . You are getting a real deal at those prices. 

Lenny , you are being billed for your utilities by your condo HOA. We don’t pay for sewage and trash pickup directly but the HOA figures it in in our HOA fees.  

If you are using a juice drink for your cocktails, it is essentially junk .  A juice drink has hardly any juice depending on product , of course. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.    We love it here.    It is not one of those huge mansions that you see all over the island but it is our happy place.   

While I was on my morning bike ride I noticed someone has hung various flip flops on their fence as decoration.    Looks really cute.   I will have to take a photo tomorrow.   I may steal their idea😇

Heck just get your old pair of sneakers, tie the laces together and throw them over the electric line in front of your house to claim your spot.  🤣 Heck with the flip flops..........

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Really easy, cook a cup of sugar and a cup of boiling water.  Lots of recipes on the web.

My Wife is making that mostly all summer, but then she has me putting it in  bird feeders for the humming birds...........No wonder their wings are moving so fast ! You think the birds are mixing that with something?😉

• Haha 3

On 6/13/2022 at 11:53 PM, Bailey & Sophie said:

Isn't this the first time EVER that there has been no drama from the chef?

I did read that he won't be returning to BD. He has opened (or will be opening) a restaurant in LA.

I just binged watching the whole season the last 3 days. Erica Rose and her husband were ruder than rude. I don’t like people like that. I hope they are never allowed on the show again. The Canadians were nice which was after Erica’s show. I really like Marco. To bad he won’t be back. He doesn’t have an ego like some of the others.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:03 AM, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear DH is doing better.

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What I remember are his posts about working with local police and setting up motorcycle practice drills. I didn't understand most if it so I usually just skimmed those posts.

He also had several gun safes. Again, just skimmed.

His wife had a hot-hot government (I think) job.

I may mis-remember. It's been a while. 

His wife was a dr or something like that IIRC. 

8 hours ago, George C said:

Unfortunately Texas doesn’t have basements 

We don’t either, but luckily ours is in our garage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

One of the things I like about our house is it has two different a/c units so even if one is out for a while house is still livable.

We also have 2 ac units, but only 1 water heater. Your house be huge to need 2. 

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What do you folks do for storage?

3 car garage.

• Like 2

How do you make simple syrup?

Mike uses 50 /50. Boil then cool.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We actually have reflective decking. It cools it down a bit.

Downside is no cell signal indoors. Wi-Fi handles everything pretty good though

With reflective decking you have no cell service inside or with metal roofing? We have metal and have cell service inside.

Someone was paying for the water. This is not a difficult concept. Your rent paid for the apartment and whatever else the landlord included in the rent....like water.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, but that's delusional. Your landlord paid it, you paid landlord for a unit that included utilities. Same with my condo. Water is a shared expense. Its not free

Landlord possibly paid it through taxes, but it got paid one way or the other

He doesn’t seem to understand the concept that he was paying for it one way or the other. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vibe said:

Sometimes the pipe for the drain gets clogged causing the drain float to rise turning off the switch until it starts draining again and the float goes back down. Using a shop vac to suck out the end of the pipe outside by the compressor will usually clear it.

Mike uses the air compressor. He has an attachment that connects to the end of the compressor hose and the pipe drain. I don’t think a shop vac would work for ours since one of the units is upstairs. The pipe goes from the unit down thru the garage and thru the shade house and out. It has a ways to travel.

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is currently 56°F and sunny with a high of 66°F expected this afternoon.

It took a while to read all last night's posts on here.

We have lived in our house for 41 years.

Wishing everyone a safe and nice day.

Graham.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 56°F and sunny with a high of 66°F expected this afternoon.

It took a while to read all last night's posts on here.

We have lived in our house for 41 years.

Wishing everyone a safe and nice day.

Graham.

I was 11 when we moved down from Seattle to this house in 1969. I still live here. 53 years? Parents left stuff, first husband, left stuff. They have all passed away. We are trying to get rid of a lot of stuff. I am ready to move. :classic_biggrin:

But we need to clean out the other house where my mom accumulated much additional stuff, so we can move our stuff up there. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I will admit that I have times when I wished I lived in a house where stairs did not exist or at least had a first floor master bedroom. I still don't want the laundry taking up living space... maybe in the garage.🤔

A lot of one story Florida houses have a separate laundry room. Our house in the keys had one in the garage 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ours on the our second floor with the bedrooms. Makes it so easy. I would hate carting laundry baskets up and down a bunch of stairs.

When I'm looking at those cellar stairs I just think that there are people loading up their cars and driving to laundromats and then the stairs don't seem so bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

If you are using a juice drink for your cocktails, it is essentially junk .  A juice drink has hardly any juice depending on product , of course. 

I don't think anyone here is using juice in a cocktail for its nutritional value. Just sayin'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

A lot of one story Florida houses have a separate laundry room. Our house in the keys had one in the garage 

For a house in the Keys I wouldn't care where the laundry or water heater were located. Just give me the house.😇

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

To my surprise Eric (who I thought was in other room watching TV) just whipped up some crab bacon dip with the leftover blue claw crab we had from Sunday dinner with the kids.     He is Wonderful, except I was informed he just opened up our last bottle of Riesling that we picked up on way down here   Uh-oh!    This is what happens when we don't have supervision by the kids who left early this morning to go back home to go to work😇

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Come on down, just please stop and pick up more wine on your way😁

PS - we have Kraken, cranberry and mango juice, grey goose vodka, cruzan peach rum, cruzan aged rum (St Croix), watermelon vodka, dacquiri mix (strawberry and mango) simple syrup, fresh picked mint leaves, but out of wine.   SOS!!!

Party in LBI 🍷🍸🍹!!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the 40’s ,50’s and 60’s when I was living in an apartment building the lease stipulated that the rent was for the apartment.I do not believe that residents were charged for water.From 1967 to 1983 I was living in two family houses and again the leases stipulated paying for the rooms.When we bought our house in Feb.1983 we began receiving water bills .When we moved into the condo we once again began receiving water bills.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.  You paid for the water, it was not free.  Whether it was through some tax, or part of the rent (just not broken out in the leases).   

• Like 5

I feel like we let the Dani thread team down at Pub Trivia tonight by not knowing the answer to -what is the main spirit in a Mojito? We answered Tequila…🤦‍♀️On the plus side, we got the 4 most visited US States correct and we were actually the leading team until we got hit with a 10 point deduction because someone decided to check their emails and broke the no mobile phones rule….

• Like 6
  • Haha 4