Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

In my township we have a water/sewer bill that is issued every quarter.      Recently they changed the calculation for the sewage part of the bill to be more in line with the amount of water you use per quarter.      there are a lot of unhappy pool owners billed for sewage because they filled their pool.

We then have annual school tax bill due by August 31st  (this is the largest bill of all)

We then have County/Township/Trash tax due by April 30st

We were billed separately for water and sewer in Ohio but did not have separate meters.  They automatically gave us a sewer credit when we filled our pool (based on typical usage) and gave us a credit somehow during the summer to reflect watering the lawn.  Made sense to me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vibe said:

In Orange County FL, the interior water and sewer charges are metered. Lawn irrigation is reclaimed water from a separate meter, no sewer charges for that.  Total monthly bill around $60

Our bill is typically $100

Used reclaimed water for our irrigation atvthe beach. I always thought the water smelled. Luckily it only ran in the wee hours unless they were testing it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vibe said:

Most of the nicer homes built in Central Florida in the last 2 decades have an interior laundry room that is a pass through from the attached garage to the rest of the house.

Ours is off garage entry foyer, but has a second door into master closet.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ruby Relaxers are a pitcher at a time. Measure everything. Consistency is key with so many ingredients 

Any drink with just an alcohol and a mixer (Jack and Ginger, Dark and Stormy, G&T, etc.) I free pour everything.  I use pour spouts and have gotten pretty good at measuring by counting.  Any drinks that involve multiple ingredients, I will still measure to ensure consistent taste.  Sometimes, making the drink is as much fun as drinking the drink.  😉😏

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Vibe said:

Sometimes the pipe for the drain gets clogged causing the drain float to rise turning off the switch until it starts draining again and the float goes back down. Using a shop vac to suck out the end of the pipe outside by the compressor will usually clear it.

Like most things in retirement, I give it about a 10 minute try and if that doesn't work, I call a guy.  One of a few ways that I've reduced stress in my life

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ours is off garage entry foyer, but has a second door into master closet.

Ours is off the garage entry also.  Works as a mud/sand room, place to hang jackets/hats, utility sink, ironing station, storage cabinets, access to air handling unit, etc.  It shares a wall with our master closet and would be really nice to have direct closet access, although we'd have to give up some closet space which is a hard no.

Love this thread, especially when a topic hits home.

Storage:

Keeping things you use, and a must have.

We appropriately store Christmas decorations in basement storage area, and some stuff in garage.

And our guest bedroom has linen, towels and gift wrap in closet.

But, the clutter can be found any where imaginable.

Namely:

Couffer:   Is defined as a storage chest, but:  The biggest place you can hide stuff from your wife that she thought you threw out and are keeping it because you may need it one day.  (lol).

Couffer hiding places.

Basement

attic

Garage

Man cave

Well, after un-hoarding the inlaws house for the past two years and when it was done it sold for double the listing in 2 1/2 days.

I never ever want to go through that again.

And some of the stuff, clutter was brought to our house, and well it is time to go.

So, tomorrow we have arriving at our house a dumpster to resolve this problem.

Some valuable items being pitched.

22 old hanging baskets

left over bags of cement that  are as hard as a rock from the winter snow.

left over siding from the garage build.

Old plastic table cloths, chair coverings, broken patio furniture, that he will fix (lol)

old 70 gallon aquarium, that has seen better days and cannot clean.

52 jars of nuts, bolts and screws,  as he puts it you never know when you could need a special screw.

Old cans of paint................now he tells me they cannot go into dumpster for environmental rules.  But we can take one a week to this hazard place in Trumbull county.  (I'll be busy for years).

Old golf books, shagg balls for golf, broken golf clubs.  Old musty gross golf bags.old golf shoes.

(We don't golf, but when my brother died we took some of his stuff)

I think we can get rid of a couple ice coolers and keep 3-4.  (14 are too many).

Old home made VCR tapes, of shows we recorded to watch.  5 boxes worth.

Old beer cases, empty of course, you can use them to store things.................not

A lawn mower that hasn't mowed in over 20 years, but you never know when you can use the parts.

I know I am picking on him.

There is some stuff I can throw out........................

3 sets of incomplete dishware that my DD would not even take to college.

A few old pots and pans, that have seen better days.

old travels literature.

Old curtains, rods

That one pair of jeans that I was anorexic to wear in my teens that I am going to get back into one day...............LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But some stuff I am keeping.

Well hidden in my couffer................................shhhhhhhhhhh

Stay healthy.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 16

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, where's your laundry?

Ours is on the main level right across the hallway from the Master Bedroom. There is also a Laundry Utility Sink in that room. Keep a battery pack floor sweeper in there too. Also an ironing board we never use that folds down from the wall.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Zucchini plants against the fence on 1 side and 2 rows of corn  on  other fence side

I should have made more space between Zucchini and that 1 row of tomatoes, but I screwed up, going to be a ***** picking tomatoes since zucchini picking last a long time.

Sunflowers are on both ends against the fence but they are only like an inch high, can't see them in the pics.

The zucchini plants are doing really well.   2 years ago I planted spaghetti squash and the vines went everywhere.  Like pumpkins do.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our bill is typically $100

Used reclaimed water for our irrigation atvthe beach. I always thought the water smelled. Luckily it only ran in the wee hours unless they were testing it

We have a well and also have rural water for the house.  Our water bill is less then $20.00.  We have septic so no sewer bill.  

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Party in LBI 🍷🍸🍹!!!

Yes, that's right we have to figure out a time for everyone to meet up.

I was originally hoping to do this June but when tenants moved dates around and we only have 2 weeks instead of the month of June it didn't fit in with everyone's schedules.    Maybe this Fall?

• Like 3

Regarding Laundry:  Moved in 2018 to a new house in Michigan and have a 1st floor MBR and Laundry and couldn't be happier!1

Regarding Water:  In Michigan, we have two water meters as well, one for irrigation and one for sewer.  But some communities do have well systems still.

Regarding HVAC:  This house also has two AC and two furnaces.  One for upstairs and one for main floor.  Makes both heating and cooling the house much easier and is way more efficient and cost effective.

I am also curios as the the answer regarding the most visited states.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The zucchini plants are doing really well.   2 years ago I planted spaghetti squash and the vines went everywhere.  Like pumpkins do.

Yes, the Zucchini love the warm weather.........Here are pictures on May 27th and now June 14th. Just 17 days between pictures.

20220527_182211.thumb.jpg.040c6b20a46b09aaa4bd6391133bd76b.jpg

20220614_144530.thumb.jpg.f674719bbbdac8af1fdcb8951eac39b5.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I have lived in at least 15 homes as an adult, maybe closer to 20. I quickly learned a disdain for basement laundries. 😉

😲

I cannot imagine having to do the dreadful packing and unpacking that many times. We bought our first house a couple of years after we got married and are still in the same one. I told my husband we are staying here until it's time for "the home" because I'm not doing that again.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All good!      Having worked in mortgage biz for 25+ years I wish I didn't know real estate terminology.    I am really getting tired of this biz and ready to move to something more simple, less stress before I retire.   Plus this crazy market we are in right now.

I have had 16 full time jobs in my adult life.I know a bit about every industry I worked in.When I am on a cruise and sitting for breakfast or lunch or even dinner with strangers and the topic of what people do for a living it is nearly always something that I worked in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

There is no such thing as a free lunch.  You paid for the water, it was not free.  Whether it was through some tax, or part of the rent (just not broken out in the leases).   

In the 40’s ,50’s and early 60’s it was solely rent.The cost to rent our apartment was under $30.00 in the 40’s and 50’s

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

Better to be paying for a leaking toilet than to be drinking from it so to speak.  Water is becoming such a precious commodity here than our water municipality has built a toilet to tap facility. We toured it and my husband actually tasted it . Me no !  There is also a desalination plant on the coast . You are getting a real deal at those prices. 

Lenny , you are being billed for your utilities by your condo HOA. We don’t pay for sewage and trash pickup directly but the HOA figures it in in our HOA fees.  

If you are using a juice drink for your cocktails, it is essentially junk .  A juice drink has hardly any juice depending on product , of course. 

We pay for electricity and water to the companies that provide service.

I have been referring to the 1940’s,1950’s and early 1960’s living in NYC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

OB, you sure don't seem to have that compassion of a doctor. Or is the buddies edging you on. Come on! You are far far greater than that.

Leave that poor guy alone! 🙏

I get frustrated when I take the time to try to teach something that is going nowhere. But you are right, I'll just let it go. I have far more important things to take care of today. As far as compassion, bring up a medical issue and I think I hold up pretty well.... or maybe not as well as I think. 🤔 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have a well and also have rural water for the house.  Our water bill is less then $20.00.  We have septic so no sewer bill.  

So speaking of wells went out today to turn the sprinklers on and the pump came on but no water from the sprinklers, they did not pop up.  Tried a hose that works on well water and that is not working either.  Where's Dan when I need him?  Guess I will ask my lawn guy .  This project is above my pay grade.  I did fix a leak under my bathroom sink since Dan's been gone but that's about it

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I get frustrated when I take the time to try to teach something that is going nowhere. But you are right, I'll just let it go. I have far more important things to take care of today. As far as compassion, bring up a medical issue and I think I hold up pretty well.... or maybe not as well as I think. 🤔 

Hugs to you OB. Be kind to yourself as well.🥰

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4