Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I just found this thread! How could I have missed it all this time?

Love the banter 😀 Now I have to figure out how I will possibly read over 2600 pages to catch up?

Feel free to give me the coles notes version on what gets discussed here.

The fast version is that even though we are a diverse population from all over the world we have become friends who are there through the good and bad for each other.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh, your human GPS posts in here regularly.

A few of us who post in here are going on a group cruise on Oasis on March 12, 2023.  First time for me on one of the "big girls".  Largest ship for me was Liberty. 

I actually had a cruise booked on Oasis for the week before, but I canceled to add a week to my Explorer cruise in November. Now I may be tempted to book Oasis again lol 😀

I was on on the last Oasis sailing before the world closed - although I do enjoy Oasis class, it is not my favorite - I love Freedom class best.  Sounds like a group cruise would be a lot of fun!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Ship is busy typical summer sailing not too many high status cruisers. It seems better staffed than our cruise in May. So far the only item missing because of supply chain issues is Aperol!!!! Bartender in Trellis bar substituted Campari with my permission not quite the same but drinkable. Mint is in plentiful supply for my dark rum mojito this time.

They have been out of the Key Lime martini mix the last several cruises we have been on her. I don’t think it’s a high priority item. 

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Congratulations.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

With Allure gone I might consider it if I can find decent pricing. I have not looked at the itineraries yet. 

We will be on the Odyssey on February 11th 8 days. Goes to DR. 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bonnie- Good news about your ankle !👍

Lioness- Those are some enormous  mosquito bites! You must be very sweet,the mosquitos like you so much. I hope the preparations allow you and your hubby to enjoy the fire pit and backyard. Do you see any lightening bugs?

@DaniDanielle- Congratulations on the new job!

I am posting updated photos of our front garden. I was not aware that the garden grew so much since Spring 2021. We live on a half acre . My hubby and I used to do all the gardening. Now,we have a landscape company taking care of all of it. My hubby’s knees,my asthma and an over population of deer ticks have caused us to hire the landscapers. Now, I get to look at the beautiful flowers and take photos! 

To all those  dealing with the extreme heat,please take it easy these next few days. 😎

MJ🙋🏻

3D07DED7-7621-43F4-8223-6578BE581C8E.jpeg

D9796557-0C28-4A8A-BC86-24CA2C6EF4F1.jpeg

Edited by MJSailors
Removed unnecessary word.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

Lioness- Those are some enormous  mosquito bites! You must be very sweet,the mosquitos like you so much. I hope the preparations allow you and your hubby to enjoy the fire pit and backyard. Do you see any lightening bugs?

I am posting updated photos of our front garden. I was not aware that the garden grew so much since Spring 2021. We live on a half acre . My hubby and I used to do all the gardening. Now,we have a landscape company taking care of all of it. My hubby’s knees,my asthma and an over population of deer ticks have caused us to hire the landscapers. Now, I get to look at the beautiful flowers and take photos! 

To all those hose dealing with the extreme heat,please take it easy these next few days. 😎

MJ🙋🏻

They look beautiful!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I actually had a cruise booked on Oasis for the week before, but I canceled to add a week to my Explorer cruise in November. Now I may be tempted to book Oasis again lol 😀

I was on on the last Oasis sailing before the world closed - although I do enjoy Oasis class, it is not my favorite - I love Freedom class best.  Sounds like a group cruise would be a lot of fun!

Thanks for introducing me to Trainman 2 . May he and Judith Rest In Peace . You’ll recognize some of the people on here .  Looking forward to reading more of your reviews. 

Welcome ! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I baked a couple peach crumbles this morning from peaches I picked off our tree yesterday.  I just took one to our neighbor who mowed our lawn while we were at the shore.   He looked like he was going to cry as he misses all the wonderful things his Wife used to bake.  She died last year from Covid.

20220719_102854.thumb.jpg.2693a2d30c8d3fa0b68e2d63cfd8b634.jpg

Yum yum, and what lovely neighbours you have,  so sad about his wife though

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I was curious and checked google.  Google says only around 5% of homes in England have A/C, while Japan and the U.S. are around 90%.  

Here in Maryland we typically have around 50+ days a year above 90 degrees.

I guess it's not necessary for just a handful of very hot days a year. OTH all homes have heating which they didn't when I was a child, it was coal fires then .

Anyway temps have dropped by around 15c. The high is a pleasant 25 c today and rain predicted later thank goodness.  My grass is the colour of straw and though I've kept my pots alive, the flower beds are not good 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I have a b2b booked on EX in November, so I may just have to post live on that one.......

I'll *try* to keep EX in one piece for you, but after me being on her for a B4B in October, I'm not making any guarantees!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    I had my meeting for job offer and accepted the new job.   I believe I will really enjoy the new position and I met several other employees and they all seem like great people that I will enjoy working with.    It is about a 20 minute mid afternoon drive - probably no more than 30 minutes during rush hour.   Best part is nice salary increase along with a signing bonus.     

Congratulations 👏 well done. Exciting to start a new job , especially for more money 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Our awful part of driving in England was my husband hitting the curb every few minutes. I expected to flip upside down in that traffic any minute. 
And he never got any better. 

The one time I drove in America I hit the curb around those little booths they had in Disney World to pay. I wouldn't drive after that. Gary's more than happy to drive in America, Canada and on Europe mainland having been brought up in Germany and Canada . 

I did occasionally drive to give him a rest on long journeys in France and once in Holland when he broke his leg in a queue at a burger van (!) just before a holiday

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I stopped flipping people off years ago.  I was stopped at a red light many, many years ago, 

I tend to flash my lights to let a person know I'm not happy with their driving ( also to say  'you first', or 'go ahead' so I guess its confusing)

Once in road rage i pulled so hard on the light stalk it came off in my hands, hubby still teases me about that 

Edited by sgmn
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I just found this thread! How could I have missed it all this time?

Love the banter 😀 Now I have to figure out how I will possibly read over 2600 pages to catch up?

Feel free to give me the coles notes version on what gets discussed here.

Welcome to Dani's thread , it's great to hear from people in other countries and about their everyday lives. I feel I know people well now.  I was lucky to meet Dani last month and hope one day to meet others in this group in person one day

BTW I love your reviews 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful news at my surgeon appointment.  Ankle is totally healed and I can now put full pressure on both feet but I have to be mindful of my comfort zone.  She said, looking at the x-rays, that she can't even tell where the ankle was broken.  I don't need OT anymore but do need out-patient PT for another few weeks.  I've been off my operated ankle for 7 weeks now so it will take time to get used to walking with both legs again.  She said my pain is to be expected.

On a not so happy note, I have to add my daughter and son in law on the latest covid list.  She had a cold a few days ago and tested negative but lo and behold,, today they both tested positive.  I can only hope the kids 9 and 14 yrs old won't get it.   They're due to come here Aug. 20.  Is one month enough to test negative?

Wonderful and exciting!  Sounds perfect.  Good luck!

Excellent news about your foot.

Sorry to hear about your daughter and son in law having covid.

Prayers 🙏 the symptoms are mild and the children avoid catching it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter and son in law work in two different places but I am of the mind that they caught covid from each other.  One never really knows.  They are not isolating.

In the UK you do not even have to isolate anywhere if you have Covid.

Our Sarah isolated at home until she got a negative result last week.

Pauline isolated in March after testing positive the day she got off our 14 night cruise.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, in Massachusetts my husband passed in the right lane and we got pulled over.

I would say Massachusetts has too many rules, but I don’t think you have to take a driving test to get a license. 

Our awful part of driving in England was my husband hitting the curb every few minutes. I expected to flip upside down in that traffic any minute. 
And he never got any better. 
Graham, I don’t know how you can say I4 is a free for all, when most of the time traffic is stop and go!

The last time we stayed in Lake Buena vista Orlando was pre pandemic January 2019.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy that your mom is better. Tell her she looks great.

Nice looking rib-eye. Very tasty I bet. Wow nice ring. Congrats to Owen.

@A&L_Ont 

+ 1 🍁

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How sweet!  What a great and thoughtful Dad you are Blessed with!

@aussielozzie18

+ 1 🌷

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry you daughter and SIL tested positive, Bonnie, hopefully your grands will not.

Great news to hear that your ankle is totally healed!!!  Awesome!!  

Just knowing that you can begin PT must make you feel that you are getting closer to the finish line.   You can do this, Bonnie!😉 

+ 1 💐

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

To all those  dealing with the extreme heat,please take it easy these next few days. 😎

MJ🙋🏻

Gorgeous garden😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1