Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today will be an interesting day for me.

I get to do my monthly Wal Mart run.

Now for me it is not your ordinary outing.

First of all you must dress for success...............................not.

You know those pictures you see on social media of Wal Mart shoppers?  I swear they are made at our Trumbull County store.

I have seen so many unique situations here:

I think they only have 2 handicapped motorized carts, because even the healthy use them.

People eating their food as they shop and I am sure that they will pay for it.......not

Children running around and their parents not even concerned.

Yes, school is in session, but some are home schooled.🙄

Clothes thrown over the place, workers organizing.

Parking lot lines are just a suggestion, some cars take 3 spaces. You just center your car in the middle of one line and have enough room on both sides.

Mobile RV's lined up near the drive through pharmacy line as over-night parking.

Restrooms, well never ever going their again, once a lady was doing a "sink"bath              ,----------------------------------wonder where she got the towel and wash cloth and soap?

So why may you ask I go there??

Sometimes you just gotta leave your comfort zone and see how the other half lives.

Oh I dress for success..........nope, one day you will see me famous on social media as one of those "Wal Mart" shoppers.

Anyway, I walk all the aisles, and if I do it twice it is 7,000 + steps.

Take care

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

On a lighter note:

We will be visiting the DD and SIL this weekend and going to the Miami game (go redhawks).

She is 25 weeks pregnant and the emotions are hitting.

The SIL is very busy with football season here, and she is getting quite overwhelmed and thinking to much about the baby to be in December.

All of her friends live far from their and social media alone is not enough, so we will go down and spend time with her.

We did a Boscos' run for her on Maternity clothes.

In stores today so few carry clothes for a growing belly except Target and Boscos'

Everything else is on line and she returns more than she uses, just does not like them.

Well I knew I would make her happy because I was actually impressed with what I found and I know she will be happy.  Great business casual for work and also bumming around clothes.

Boscos has a return policy that as long as you have the receipt and tags are on they will refund the money if you do not like.  So I did a "mom" run.

Also, when she told us she was pregnant this past April, she was so excited and we were not allowed to share the great news till she was 12 weeks pregnant, well, we waited, it was hard but we did it.

At that 12 week mark and every week there after I mailed her a "mom to be cards"  I found this cards at almost every store, from Wal Mart, to Target, to Dollar General, Dollar tree, Hallmark, Publix.

They are hard to find, you just got to look for them.

In them, I write some encouraging comments and sneak in a gift card a little "mad" money.

I mail them and she gets them on Thursday of each week.

But, this week, no card.........................Parental units visit...............take shopping...........refill their shelves and freezers.

Her company has the worst health insurance coverage I have ever seen, and deductibles and co-pays are astronomical.  They are surviving and not asking for help.  But  life is too short and we at this time can help, so we do.

When we go shopping, they are not greedy, and buy what they can eat in the healthy mode.

Chicken, veggies, meats, milk eggs, they make excellent choices.

She had a second cart and put in their the dog food for the two German shepherds, she said you will not pay for our pets...........................lol. we said yes..............their our grand pups.

Ok, gotta get ready to go shopping 

Wish me a safe outing

• Like 18

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I can only imagine the stories that are going to come out from our joint Allure cruise in January.... 

Hey, I think you know me enough to know that cruise stories would not be shared.....

So which one of us will do the live review..... 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 75°F here.

Dinner last night.

IMG_20220906_192545.jpg

MMMM Lambchops, my favorite.

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

On a lighter note:

We will be visiting the DD and SIL this weekend and going to the Miami game (go redhawks).

She is 25 weeks pregnant and the emotions are hitting.

The SIL is very busy with football season here, and she is getting quite overwhelmed and thinking to much about the baby to be in December.

All of her friends live far from their and social media alone is not enough, so we will go down and spend time with her.

We did a Boscos' run for her on Maternity clothes.

In stores today so few carry clothes for a growing belly except Target and Boscos'

Everything else is on line and she returns more than she uses, just does not like them.

Well I knew I would make her happy because I was actually impressed with what I found and I know she will be happy.  Great business casual for work and also bumming around clothes.

Boscos has a return policy that as long as you have the receipt and tags are on they will refund the money if you do not like.  So I did a "mom" run.

Also, when she told us she was pregnant this past April, she was so excited and we were not allowed to share the great news till she was 12 weeks pregnant, well, we waited, it was hard but we did it.

At that 12 week mark and every week there after I mailed her a "mom to be cards"  I found this cards at almost every store, from Wal Mart, to Target, to Dollar General, Dollar tree, Hallmark, Publix.

They are hard to find, you just got to look for them.

In them, I write some encouraging comments and sneak in a gift card a little "mad" money.

I mail them and she gets them on Thursday of each week.

But, this week, no card.........................Parental units visit...............take shopping...........refill their shelves and freezers.

Her company has the worst health insurance coverage I have ever seen, and deductibles and co-pays are astronomical.  They are surviving and not asking for help.  But  life is too short and we at this time can help, so we do.

When we go shopping, they are not greedy, and buy what they can eat in the healthy mode.

Chicken, veggies, meats, milk eggs, they make excellent choices.

She had a second cart and put in their the dog food for the two German shepherds, she said you will not pay for our pets...........................lol. we said yes..............their our grand pups.

Ok, gotta get ready to go shopping 

Wish me a safe outing

Such an exciting time!  Bet everyone can't wait for Dec. to get here!

Happy Walmart shopping!  They have great prices on sweats.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was intrigued by that Tampa to Boston repo next September, but I can’t get Susan to even think about planning a cruise for a while.  

Mark, I found out the hard way, that having "better times" plans helps enormously during periods of health uncertainty. May be with a refundable deposit?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I agree.  I usually enjoy the pubs but they get too noisy, same for the promenade/schooner bar that is way too loud on Oasis.

I love the Schooner bars on the smaller ships..on the Allure, not so much.  We didn't even stay for one drink,  Too open and noisy.  The female singer/piano player was certainly not the best I've ever heard.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments about our new grandson. He's doing really well, gained already on his birth weight and only waking up once during the night for feed.

They are very relaxed and are coping very well. 

How wonderful that the baby is already on a great schedule.  Enjoy your new grandson Theo!💕

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Now that's a pretty picture. Where are you at? We are in Aruba today.

I was also able to get in a walk before we docked. It's so hot with no  breeze when docked. Walking and sailing is much better for me with a breeze. So that was a plus.

The last time we were in Aruba it was stifling hot!  I got off the ship to go to the store and went right back onto the ship!  Enjoy your day there.  BTW, I watched the Allure leave Port Everglades the other day and was wondering if anyone on here was sailing....and  then I remembered that it was you!!!😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dani- Very pleased for you that you could have a lovely visit with your friends !

All of you look wonderful .

I have been close to three HS friends for over fifty years ( that number is amazing to me!).

None of us have sisters,so we have become sisters to each other.

Unfortunately, Covid and geography has kept us apart these past few years. One friend lives in Virginia,another moved recently to the upstate part of NY and one  friend lives about fifty miles away from me  here on Long Island. So, we rely on phone visits. Our conversations can go well over an hour.

I think it is a blessing that at our age, we have friends that knew us for most of our lives.. 

Thank you for sharing that happy photo!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1