Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

Hope you were able to see your chiefs win a very exciting game , was glad Amazon allowed you to fast forward commercials or watch live. 

Not sure if it was just the audio on my TV or not but did you notice when the people talked on the network the talking didn't match their lips. Was kind of annoying and hard to watch. Like it wasn't synced up properly. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Watched last night. I really thought the Rams played great. Poor Hubert he is so good and they came up short. Mahones doesn’t do it pretty like Hubert but he gets it done.

Starting happy hour early today I see...................Chief's played the Charger's last night.  🤣    It's allowed though you are on vacation?😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bad news on our Alaska cruise. They just dropped Skagway and replaced it with ISP. They had previously dropped ISP and replaced it with Ketchikan. Skagway is tendering due to previous rock slides. They expect high winds at Skagway and won’t be able to tender. Massive storm apparently hitting Alaska. Perfect timing. Oh well…🤷‍♂️

We actually like ISP better than Skagway.  Both times we took private whale watching tours and had a really good time.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure if it was just the audio on my TV or not but did you notice when the people talked on the network the talking didn't match their lips. Was kind of annoying and hard to watch. Like it wasn't synced up properly. 

I didn’t notice it I normally have close caption turned on . 

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hope you had good result’s 

our temperature was 49° when I woke this morning.  

Thank you.

I have had tinnitus for years.

The results showed slight hearing loss on the higher pitch noises.

We went back to the beach with a picnic and it is windy and the sea is rough.

The daily Newcastle to Amsterdam DFDS ferry ⛴️ passed us about 20 minutes ago and I can just see it in the distance.

IMG_20220916_175953.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bad news on our Alaska cruise. They just dropped Skagway and replaced it with ISP. They had previously dropped ISP and replaced it with Ketchikan. Skagway is tendering due to previous rock slides. They expect high winds at Skagway and won’t be able to tender. Massive storm apparently hitting Alaska. Perfect timing. Oh well…🤷‍♂️

Maybe contact Brown Bear Lodge in ISP:

https://www.brownbearlodge.com/

kenny@brownbearlodge.com

BROWN BEAR LODGE WILDLIFE EXCURSION

Chichagof Island has been named “Bear Island” by National Geographic because it has the highest concentration of bears in the world at 1-2 brown bears per square mile. Brown Bear Lodge - rightly named - has a desire to share this sensational creature with you!

Our flexible wildlife excursion puts the Last Frontier at your fingertips. There is no itinerary set in stone; we want you to experience wild Alaska how you would like! We encourage guests to articulate their preferences so that we can accommodate their needs on a group-by-group basis. There are many exciting things to experience, such as a brisk walk in a muskeg, a short hike for picking some of the ten varieties of edible berries found on the island, viewing an old growth forest, and coming face to face with some of the key attractions of Alaska’s wilderness - brown bears!

Alaskan brown bears are most commonly seen near the streams, pulling ripe salmon out with their paws or feasting on the superfluous blueberry patches among the brush. During many tours, bears are even seen on the road! Depending on current bear movements, feeding habits, and daytime temperatures, there are short stops in key locations to scope out a magnificent view of these captivating creatures - and your Wildlife Guide knows them all. He can give you a detailed and entertaining narration about the area, from the town and the Tlingit Native population to everything you could ever want to know about brown bears.

The Chichagof forests also host an array of other wildlife that are quite frequently spotted during excursions, including mink, pacific marten, red squirrels, otter, beaver, ducks and sea birds, Sitka black-tail deer, and plenty of bald eagles: so be sure to bring your camera!

Brown Bear Lodge Wildlife Excursion is your best bet for a truly unique adventure. With so much area to travel, you have the chance to really get away from the crowd. If you want to separate yourself from the other tourists, have a change of pace from being packed in a boat or walking single file waiting for a chance to get a look, and want to create memories of Alaska that you will still be talking about years from now, we look forward to seeing you at Brown Bear Lodge!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congrats on your granddaughter's making the team.

Mark Cuban = Good ole Dallas boy!

Happy 65th birthday! Ice cream cakes are delicious.  What kind of homemade cake will your wife bake?

I have to tell you, Greg, that your anticipation, expectation pre-cruise is always totally delightful.

I remember the picture you posted on board Explorer, standing with your arms wide open. It was your first cruise after cruising resumed.    Never lose that sense of wonder.

Thanks,Bonnie.I saw your post about Jack born in Poland then moving to Israel.My father,also Jack was born in Poland but then moved to Liverpool to live with relatives before coming to NY in 1913.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You are correct

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/amazon-s-thursday-night-football-debut-had-a-few-technical-problems/ar-AA11UBhb?cvid=d1b8163664944032b6975d070a82e591

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this?     I sure hope the 2 bucks are okay and made their way back to land.   

https://www.nantucketcurrent.com/watch-two-deer-spotted-swimming-a-mile-off-nantucket

Probably doubtful they made it back to the shore without someone's help. They were probably on the beach and got to close to the water in to deep of water and the under tow took them out further and further from the shoreline.

Deer to scared to probably take any kind of help too, had something happen in my fenced in garden this spring before I planted my garden. I left the gate into my garden open by mistake, I always close it.

Looked out one morning and there was a 1 deer inside that couldn't find his way out, so I went outside to start to show him where the gate was, all he did was get more and more scared and trying to run full force into the inside of the fence on the other end of the garden, he was just bouncing off the fence about 5 or 6 times..........Not until enough of the force did he knock down the fence some where he was able to get out and leap over the fence. Had a little bit of blood on the fence from his head ramming into the fence. But I believe he was okay other then that because he sure ran off fast !!

Trying to help a deer in anyway just gets them super riled up and scared. There is little you can do. To try to get that deer into a boat would have been bad news for the occupants on the boat, the deer would have seriously hurt them for sure and if it was a small fishing boat no where to protect themselves for sure.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Starting happy hour early today I see...................Chief's played the Charger's last night.  🤣    It's allowed though you are on vacation?😉

Oops my bad! Seriously I hadn’t been drinking but maybe getting about 3 hours sleep has turned my brain into mush.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I noticed it. It was very irritating.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Prime NFL broadcast.  No problem with the announcers.  No problem viewing it on the Prime app.

the problem is since you are watching on the app, you can’t flip channels easily to watch anything other than commercials.  So, I have to say, if I was buying commercial ad time on TV I would consider buying them on Prime telecasts.  I watched more commercials last night than the last year in total.  Painful.

Other problem is I have up to 1000 Mbps that normally operates between 400 and 700 when I run a speed test.  I can watch 4 different TVs in HD or even 4K at the same time.  Be on my Ipad and Mac….  With no latency or digitization.

Since everyone in town was streaming Prime at the same time the first half had lots of fuzzy frozen scenes.  Except for the commercials which streamed perfectly.

Did I mention I despise watching commercials almost as bad as watching network news.  Not quite but close.  

JC

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I noticed it. It was very irritating.

I only saw  the last quarter of the game because I was watching the Phillies game but there probably would have been no way of watching the whole game like that. It was terrible.

There was nothing electric about the broadcasters either Al Michaels and the college guy Kirk Herbstreit, might have been my last Amazon Prime Game in less the Philadelphia Eagles have  Thursday Night Game.  

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I only saw  the last quarter of the game because I was watching the Phillies game but there probably would have been no way of watching the whole game like that. It was terrible.

Yes being in Broadcast television it’s my biggest pet peeve audio latently. It’s worse over the internet than it is by satellite.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am not a fan of Prime NFL broadcast.  No problem with the announcers.  No problem viewing it on the Prime app.

the problem is since you are watching on the app, you can’t flip channels easily to watch anything other than commercials.  So, I have to say, if I was buying commercial ad time on TV I would consider buying them on Prime telecasts.  I watched more commercials last night than the last year in total.  Painful.

Other problem is I have up to 1000 Mbps that normally operates between 400 and 700 when I run a speed test.  I can watch 4 different TVs in HD or even 4K at the same time.  Be on my Ipad and Mac….  With no latency or digitization.

Since everyone in town was streaming Prime at the same time the first half had lots of fuzzy frozen scenes.  Except for the commercials which streamed perfectly.

Did I mention I despise watching commercials almost as bad as watching network news.  Not quite but close.  

JC

We started watching the game about a hour after it started so I was able to fast forward thru the commercials, we almost never watch anything with commercials. I was very happy prime allowed this.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this?     I sure hope the 2 bucks are okay and made their way back to land.   

https://www.nantucketcurrent.com/watch-two-deer-spotted-swimming-a-mile-off-nantucket

A couple years ago, Susan and I were walking at the lake.  We spooked a bunch of deer, and the jumped in the lake and swam to the other side of this portion of the lake. 

You can see four of them, about halfway between the geese and the other shore. 

641F8DEF-D00A-48BA-B086-683CF90128FE.thumb.jpeg.0ab317865f609de21db83ffc64566319.jpeg

• Like 7