Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

IMG-20220920-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8cd40f315ef42d46828647e097d2b564.jpg

Happy Anniversary Sue and Gary. This is a lovely photo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great Bills game today. They look scary good. I hope no serious injuries. I got to watch most of it on the big screen in the Two70 Lounge with Seattle in the background and a Kraken Dark n Stormy in my hand. Bliss. 
0C614F36-A87F-4BC6-AC80-056E22834332.thumb.jpeg.2facf0820b9989f654c0b4056a66ce1c.jpeg

The best way to watch a football game and even better with a win.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

And we are not averse to Olive Garden either. Our resident Italian Royalty may not like it, but that's absolutely fine. 😁 Us paisanos are OK with it. Doesn't mean we will give it an award, but we will eat there. I like the Zoupa Toscana and Shrimp Scampi.

I hate Kimmelweck...UGH. Disgusting piece of fat between a bun. (Many will hang me for saying that, but sorry, I really find it disgusting) I do like the bun.

Actually, that would be paisani.😇  I still have Olive Garden curiosity. It is my brother that is the snob.😄

I agree totally about those sandwiches. I read about them on CC and the first time I tried one I was thinking what are those folks raving about? I'd rather be at Sorrento's...😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you have a WaWa in your area ? I used to go to one in NJ for coffee.

Wawa is everywhere here.  My grandsons get on their bikes and go to the one closest to us.  There Are 2 that I could walk to if I so desired. 

I hung out in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst even though I did not live anywhere near there.

My weekends were spent in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst.  One of my friends lived and still lives on Bay 19th St.  We sometimes went to the "Penthouse" in Bay Ridge.

White Castle was the only burger restaurant when I was a kid.Years later a Wetsons opened.

Ah yes, Wetsons!

A couple of people on my Adventure Roll Call have been talking about going to WC when they get to NJ for our cruise.  So crazy that WC is being discussed on both this thread as well as my RC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

The one thing they had in common is I never went to either while sober . But I would take White Castle over Sorrentos 😁.

My go-to after a night of drinking was always the 24 hour diners to eat.  We had several on Staten Island.  We have 3 diners right here where I live in NJ

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Happy anniversary, Sue and Gary.   Wishing you many more.

I can relate to those delayed celebrations when watching grandkids is involved.  We delayed ours the last couple years, since our California grandson was here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was, what has become a new normal weekday for us.  We spend every weekday, all day at our daughter’s house, helping her with anything she needs done.

We have all been going for walks at the lake, but we do not get there before sunrise any days, because the grandkids need to get off to school.  They say it is important that she keeps up with exercise.

Speaking of exercise, I know I have mentioned here before that I use a Fitbit tracker.  Well, yesterday was seven years since I began wearing one.  I have to admit, they do give you a little more incentive to keep moving, and I have a “family”, much like this one, that does daily challenges. 

Anyhow, it appears that in three more months time, I will have walked the equivalent to one time around the world.  (No wonder I go through so many pair of tennis shoes)

D56F9CF1-3144-4DA5-ADC6-146A6A254306.thumb.jpeg.86ecf1d7ba03ebc06c01a0c6190b4100.jpeg

Even the last month, I have picked up the pace a little.  

38620505-2814-4154-8A7E-359A6B9D47C6.thumb.jpeg.d430ff34fd35292f2e330d42aed033c8.jpeg

Today, more of the same.  Heading out to walk with our daughter. Better to do it now, when it is 57°, than later when it is 80°.

• Like 21

On 9/16/2022 at 9:45 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Quite good, going to the Mai Kai for dinner or drinks?

jc

It closed down 2 years ago. There are new owners that hope to reopen it this fall. We love going there for happy hour. 😁🍹

On 9/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

If anyone comes to Sydney, highly recommend the Aboriginal Heritage Harbour Tour in the Botanical Gardens.  A paid tour, our park staff guide has an Aboriginal grandmother who was born in Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory. He was very passionate and informative about early Colonisation and Aboriginal life and  language.  The Tour only went for an hour but felt longer in a good way.  He packed a lot of info in.

That sounds interesting. We will have to go if we have the time.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:19 PM, helen haywood said:

We just got off Equinox in Port Everglades this morning.  This was my favorite cruise photo…the last photo I took!!  (That’s Celebrity Infinity and Allure.)

34727710-EB5F-40F9-90DE-4CD1A78B38EF.jpeg

Beautiful picture. I got off the allure the same morning. Went home to see the kitties, do some laundry while we went to get the new covid booster. We were back on the ship by 2:00. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They have the plastic walls up and now a machine inside next to them pulling out the dust through a hose and out the front window out through our swing on the front porch....

Only way I can see what they are doing now is go out the front door and walk through garage into the kitchen.

20220920_083939.jpg

20220920_083945.jpg

20220920_083959.jpg

20220920_084015.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

Happy Anniversary 💕🥂

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Actually, that would be paisani.😇  I still have Olive Garden curiosity. It is my brother that is the snob.😄

I agree totally about those sandwiches. I read about them on CC and the first time I tried one I was thinking what are those folks raving about? I'd rather be at Sorrento's...😯

We have been to Olive Garden in the past but it's been at least 15 years, DH loved the breadsticks.  In NJ the closest was about 45 minutes away so only went a few times.  Now here in SC we have one less than 2 miles away, use their parking lot to go to one of our favorite places next door but have yet to set foot inside, not sure we ever will.

As for the Kummel..... sandwiches, i see how the meat looks as they are carving it and then decide if I will have one, usually skip it, too fatty, but have had a good one.

51 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My go-to after a night of drinking was always the 24 hour diners to eat.  We had several on Staten Island.  We have 3 diners right here where I live in NJ

Oh the days of stopping for a burger at the diner on the way home from a night out, my young body could handle both very well.  Not so much any more.  Miss the NJ diner, closest we have here is the breakfast places that are open from 6 am to 2 pm, not the same.

@Jimbo, I remember having my kitchen done back in 2009, 3 "doors" into the kitchen and all covered up.  We used to peel back the tape every night to see the progress.  Keep the pictures coming, exciting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It closed down 2 years ago. There are new owners that hope to reopen it this fall. We love going there for happy hour. 😁

The inhumanity of Covid…. It killed one of the last great Tiki Lounges!

Most of them were barely hanging on before…. Very sad.   🥲

I think I will cry quietly for a while.

jc

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, akcruz said:

@Jimbo, I remember having my kitchen done back in 2009, 3 "doors" into the kitchen and all covered up.  We used to peel back the tape every night to see the progress.  Keep the pictures coming, exciting.

Called in  another younger guy for help, the  old Backerboard has to come off the plywood for the new brick paver floor and it is rough coming off right now.

20220920_090418.jpg

20220920_090424.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Lovely photo Sue.

Happy 36th wedding anniversary.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sweet picture! Happy anniversary!

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Happy Anniversary Sue and Gary!  I love the picture of the two of you!

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

These are the kind of mornings I dream about in the summer. 

Drop the boat in the water, put on the slalom ski, and ski on water that is smooth as glass. 

A0B55E43-7281-4AD5-8849-76BE543D02AC.thumb.jpeg.c388fceb465045296b432c0d0923e16d.jpeg

Beautiful morning. 

Enjoy your day, Mark.  Your DD is in my prayers 🙏.  Please remember to take care of yourself and Susan during these trying times.  God Bless.💖

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

I've never eaten a hamburger. I'm not against meat, I just don't particularly like hamburger meat. And I definitely don't like any produce on any of my meat & cheese sandwiches. It was kind of a limiting factor to avoid McDonalds or other burger places growing up. 

I will put hamburger in spaghetti meat sauce and in macaroni and hamburger, but mostly I just eat the noodles. That's why I don't comment on a lot of your food posts, because I don't eat a wide variety of foods.  

And I like Olive Garden. You can't really mess up angel hair pasta with meat sauce, and that is all I ever order. LOL 😃😃

You're allowed.  Honest!

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, those fabulous NJ diners!  No visit to NJ is complete without eating in a diner.  I think we've eaten in just about every diner in Bergen County.  When we lived in Rockland County, we had quite a few but The Park Ridge diner in NJ was our go to place for a great meal.  Second best was the Blauvelt diner less than 10 minutes from where we lived.  Nanuet diner when shopping at the mall.  

@HBE4, know what I'm talking about?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I agree that was our go to also, I only did White Castle a few times after the bars closed.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, Bloodaxe said:

No mistake, it was because they are no longer working Royals and not entitled to wear uniform, King Charles gave special dispensation for them yesterday.

What does wearing the uniform have to do if they are or aren’t working Royals? They served in the service and that’s what the uniform is about imo. What about non-Royals? If someone was in the service can they still wear their uniform to a special event?

On 9/18/2022 at 8:22 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO, they served in the military and should be permitted to wear their uniforms without special permission needed.    

That’s exactly what I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2