Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prior to my new job, for 25+ years in the mortgage biz and reviewing bank statements for young couples that want to buy a home and see all the frivolous spending on daily trips to Starbucks, fast food, constant purchases on amazon, phones, streaming, cable tv, etc etc) it makes me realize how frugal (Cheap) I am!    But hey if that gets me on more cruises, I'll keep doing it😁

I'm with you, Debbie!  🛳️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

His is a lot like mine... in some light it looks blond, in others it looks reddish, and in other settings it looks browner.  

Yes...sometimes mine is red, sometimes light brown, sometimes dark blonde too. Oh, you mean NATURAL...I get mine from a box.😱

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nachi was incredible so laid back.

That's what we like about it.  When we 1st started going there was 100 person limit.  There is a resort down the beach that they also own.

We love the food, the service is great, the folks are so nice and we even tried out the pool once.  The girls enjoyed the banana boat before and we got a great massage there too.  Its easy to get there too.  If I remember correctly that will be a stop in January and we will head there again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Would these be hats that other prople have had on their heads? That would never be happening to this head.

I should have taken a pictures of the hats. They were those obnoxious brightly colored sombreros.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

A friend went to Paradise Beach with me last year, and she said she liked it better than Nachi.  I haven't done Nachi, so can't compare. Not sure what exactly it was that tipped her in favor of PB over NC.

I don't think Paradise Beach is doing pay-as-you-go at all anymore.  I don't see it on their website as an option like it used to be.  

Nachi was AI only $25 online deposit and I believe $94 due on arrival.

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's what we like about it.  When we 1st started going there was 100 person limit.  There is a resort down the beach that they also own.

We love the food, the service is great, the folks are so nice and we even tried out the pool once.  The girls enjoyed the banana boat before and we got a great massage there too.  Its easy to get there too.  If I remember correctly that will be a stop in January and we will head there again. 

They said there was 59 there but I never counted over 38-40.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now this is a proper birthday breakfast for our Pennsylvania grandson today before school. 

F186A149-A752-43EC-A192-1CDE95B3AF09.thumb.jpeg.4940b63eccb35e06aed10f955f3a6939.jpeg

We are taking him out to dinner after school to celebrate.  His choice, so we don’t know where we will end up yet. The big party will be on the weekend. 

Congrats to your very handsome grandson on his 10th birthday.  Hope he has an awesome day.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

Happy 17th Birthday to Ava Jude (love that name). Congrats on getting her Driver's License. Now the fun begins 🙂

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good Lord!!

Thank you .lol. I had a brain "fart" before. ..or a sr moment..

Thank you, Mark.  Our grandchildren share the same birthday!

Thanks Lenny!

Thank you, Debbie.  She really is.  Thank you for your kind words.  (Always)

Aren’t grandkids the best!

• Like 5

Thank you all ( or is it y’all?) for the birthday wishes for my grandson.  We are really happy with the polite young man he has become.  It must be because he has two fantastic parents.  Not to mention two fantastic grand parents. 

Took him to his favorite Mexican restaurant tonight.  

It is 49°, so I closed the walls on the gazebo, climbed in the hot tub with a kraken colada, and watching the Steelers Browns game.  Very comfortable in here.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:
5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

There is one in Huntsville Alabama.   I like them too.  If we are visiting for a week I usually try one.  The BIL and I have gotten on a sushi kick the last couple times we visited.

Thanks to my friend "The Goog's" (Google), it seems Quizno's is in trouble. Only 400 locations remain, down from 4,700 at it's height in 2007. Closest one to me is in CT about 90 minutes away. Second closest  one is in Delaware about 3 1/2 hours away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday we were out in almost 100⁰.  We are currently watching Aubrey's soccer practice.   It is 66⁰, clouds and breezy.  So cold I am concerned I might rip my shirt from poking so much! 🥶 

We are getting a cold spell tonight and tomorrow too.  We had 90 earlier this week then mostly mid 80s and dropping to 62 as our high tomorrow.  I think we are back to the 80s next week

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

With prices like that for parking, they are really wanting people to take the train I guess, I would think though parking is limited when the ball park is right in the city like Yankee Stadium is.

There are several multi-level parking garages within walking distance but the problem is that they all exit onto the same narrow local city streets. We've spent 45 minutes in the car just trying to get out of the garage, followed by another 30 minutes of sitting in traffic for the 1 mile it takes just to get to the highway.

Train is less than half the cost, much faster and we get to spend the time with fellow Yankee fans, either celebrating a victory or drowning our sorrows.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday we were out in almost 100⁰.  We are currently watching Aubrey's soccer practice.   It is 66⁰, clouds and breezy.  So cold I am concerned I might rip my shirt from poking so much! 🥶 

Funny how 66 degrees feels so warm in March that you want to open all the windows and so cold in Sept. that you want to turn on the heat.🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Outback’s are nice my wife bought one last year , we were going to put down a large down payment, but they offered zero percent interest so down payment wasn’t that big , 

Yes, we bought it new.  It’s now our son’s car but daughter borrowed it for the camping weekend.  We have since bought a new Subaru Impreza.  Smaller car but it suits the two of us.

• Like 2

I've only done a beach club once in Cozumel, Mr. Sancho's.  At the time, you could do AI or pay-as-you-go. Seemed pretty decent. Got your own table with umbrella, plus loungers to drag to the  beach. 3 small pools, one with a swim up bar. All the usual beach toys, kayaks, etc.  For an extra feel, you could rent motorized toys or horseback riding.  We lucked out as there were not that many ships in port that day so it never got crowded.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks to my friend "The Goog's" (Google), it seems Quizno's is in trouble. Only 400 locations remain, down from 4,700 at it's height in 2007. Closest one to me is in CT about 90 minutes away. Second closest  one is in Delaware about 3 1/2 hours away.

Apon further review, I had the restaurants mixed up.  The restaurant in Huntsville is Schlotzsky's.  I like the sourdough buns they use.  
We used to have a Quizno’s here but it closed about 10 or so years ago.  Never understood why it had to close.  They seemed to be busy most the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You know you go to Starbucks too much, when they greet you by name and hand you your drinks when you walk in the door.  Going there 3 or 4 times a week is a habit I would like to break.

Just like those Carmel lattes too much.

Love it, but my DH would not.

On a side note when I was pregnant I was one of those mom to be that had  cravings---------------- Heath Blizzards to be exact.

And after many visits my DH was on a first name basis with all the workers.

In fact once during this time he went there and when they saw his truck pull in the lot they just started making his order and it was almost ready when he got to the window.

He was not happy.

After that, he would not make any more visits.

I was cool with that.

So I said fair game is fair game.

I just did not make supper anymore.

Well, take a mans prepared delicious meals away and the Blizzard deliveries resumed.

Um, I was pregnant from March to December.

He was safe as he would put it for the summer the DQ is only 1 1/4 miles from our house.

But once fall came he had to drive to the next city a mere 7 miles to get me to my happy place, and him to his happy plate.

It all balances out.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@h20skibum

Happy birthday to the Grandson.

I am sure his day was awesome.

Like you posted it got cold quick.

Just got down running around the house spraying all the vents with lysol, just in case the furnace kicks on tonight.

We just turned our air off this morning.

Stay safe and warm.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@HBE4Driving home tonight I had the heat on in the car, the heated seat turned on, and the heated steering wheel on and it was 60°F.

I can’t believe I didn’t even think of turning the seat heat on.  After we got out of the breeze it wasn’t as bad.  
To me low 60’s and below is cold anytime, spring or fall.

• Like 5

In the last couple months I have gotten in the habit of using waze to travel in my car whether near or far. Today as I got in my car to come home my screen showed this picture. 

I think it is a message from the powers that be. Oh. My spouse texted as I was trying to navigate my journey. 
In other words I need a cruise. 

305DFF9B-05B5-437C-8C1B-C354BA1C09ED.thumb.jpeg.49786d6efc25ebeb9f73718a63a48cf2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5