Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 9/21/2022 at 11:56 AM, HBE4 said:

Heading out to Yankee Stadium tonight.   Aaron Judge hit his 60th Home Run last night to tie Babe Ruth's for 2nd place for the single season Home Run record.  Hopefully tonight, he'll hit number 61 & 62 to tie, then break, the real "clean" home run record.🙂

I heard an interview with Judge this afternoon.He said that in his opinion the 73 hit by Bonds is the record.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now this is a proper birthday breakfast for our Pennsylvania grandson today before school. 

F186A149-A752-43EC-A192-1CDE95B3AF09.thumb.jpeg.4940b63eccb35e06aed10f955f3a6939.jpeg

We are taking him out to dinner after school to celebrate.  His choice, so we don’t know where we will end up yet. The big party will be on the weekend. 

Happy Birthday to this handsome young man! Looks like the perfect birthday breakfast. 

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been in a Starbucks. I am way to frugal (cheap) to spend that amount of money on a cup of coffee. I can get it for a dollar at McDonald's and I agree with @HBE4 that it is good. Even better is I can get it at the hospital for free and I think that is a very good price.🙂

I’m not a Starbucks fan, coffee is too strong for my taste. I prefer one or two cups of home brewed in the morning and that’s it for me for the day; any more than that=no sleep. 

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

Happy birthday to Ava Jude and congrats on getting her license as well as being captain of not one, but two teams! 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you all ( or is it y’all?) for the birthday wishes for my grandson.  We are really happy with the polite young man he has become.  It must be because he has two fantastic parents.  Not to mention two fantastic grand parents. 

Took him to his favorite Mexican restaurant tonight.  

It is 49°, so I closed the walls on the gazebo, climbed in the hot tub with a kraken colada, and watching the Steelers Browns game.  Very comfortable in here.  

You’re making want a hot tub right now!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

@HBE4Driving home tonight I had the heat on in the car, the heated seat turned on, and the heated steering wheel on and it was 60°F.

Heated seats and heated steering wheels are magical.  It would be hard to decide which is better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cruise hack…Get a glass of lemonade at Windjammer during lunch and bring it back to your cabin and put it in the fridge. Bring the lemonade with you to a bar at happy hour. Have the bartender fill a glass with ice, add a couple of shots of Bourbon and a shot of Chambord, and then add the lemonade to fill the glass. You now have a delicious Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade, even though it’s not something they can usually make. Cheers!

6325681B-8344-41FF-84EA-F4D346AC6523.thumb.jpeg.39e24888691ec47f989d5632d164552e.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We have been to Paradise Beach quite a few times. We loved it and never moved on to try any of the others, mainly because they were the only one that had a pay-as-you-go option instead of A.I., which is better for us. It has never been crowded when we've been there, but I'm sure that depends on how many ships are in port. The food is really good at Paradise. 

Never seen it that quiet!

I agree totally depends on demographics of your party.

The facilities are good and clean but they charge Cozumel tourist prices, which is fair enough considering the market they are targeting.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

A friend went to Paradise Beach with me last year, and she said she liked it better than Nachi.  I haven't done Nachi, so can't compare. Not sure what exactly it was that tipped her in favor of PB over NC.

I don't think Paradise Beach is doing pay-as-you-go at all anymore.  I don't see it on their website as an option like it used to be.  

Copying my reply on recent thread on Cozumel board. PAYG still seems to be an option but certainly not encouraged. Entrance fee has gone up from $3 ($5?) to $10 plus $10 minimum consumption.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:24 PM,  kathynorth said: 

I just read through this thread and I'm wondering if anyone knows the current cost for Paradise. Their website says the cost is $64 for all inclusive, but earlier posts said you could enter for $3 to just use the beach and pool. Does anyone who has recently been there know if the latter option is still available? If you are not on the AI is there an additional charge to use loungers and umbrellas?

The information is even more difficult to find on the new website, and it was bad enough before!

It is under the “Helpful information” tag on drop down menu, several psges.

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No Wawa around me either but I do enjoy stopping at them.  Sandwiches are good, maybe slightly above average as far a convenience store sandwiches go. But I really enjoy ordering them from the kiosk. Between types of bread, size of bread, to toast or not to toast the bread, toppings, etc, there was an endless amount of ways to customize a sandwich. I think I enjoyed the ordering process more than the actual sandwhich.

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

The ordering process is what scares me. Never done it. I'm afraid that there's going to be some irate workers behind me wondering why I am taking so long 😇

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nachi was AI only $25 online deposit and I believe $94 due on arrival.

Paradise Beach is currently $59pp, same price as Nachi. 

I'll have to try Nachi on one of my upcoming visits, so I can compare them myself.  Definitely not gonna put the Community* Sombrero on my head, though!  

*Communicable Disease

• Like 5

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Cruise hack…Get a glass of lemonade at Windjammer during lunch and bring it back to your cabin and put it in the fridge. Bring the lemonade with you to a bar at happy hour. Have the bartender fill a glass with ice, add a couple of shots of Bourbon and a shot of Chambord, and then add the lemonade to fill the glass. You now have a delicious Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade, even though it’s not something they can usually make. Cheers!

6325681B-8344-41FF-84EA-F4D346AC6523.thumb.jpeg.39e24888691ec47f989d5632d164552e.jpeg

What a great idea! I’ll have to try that.

• Like 1

Last night we got a call from the shop that works on our old cars.

And some GREAT NEWS

or

The beginning of a new saga

The FOB's for my car were located and had been ordered and had arrived.

My car is due to get them programmed next Thursday.

(Due to my schedule I can only get there that day).

Oh it gets better

They were able to find the problem with my DH car (remember;  lights on---lights off, windshield wipers on------------windshield wipers off)

Not aliens.

But some type of engine mini motor that only worked part time

They found the 1966 parts

So his car will be going back, but we could not go on the same day due to his schedule.

So we will be driving back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and finally back and forth.

Hopefully 4 round trips will cover it.

Yes, he will follow me to take my car

He will bring me home

He will take me back to get my car (I am not sitting there when I could be doing something) and bring me home

Then a few days later I will follow him to take his car and bring him home, and

Then I will take him back to get his car

And

For any reason it once again (Awe you know it) does not work, I will decide if I will bring him home.

Husband that is.

Take care

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I always wanted to try an AI beach place but Dan was not a beach person.  Thinking of trying this one in Cozumel $39.   They only take 30 people and its walking distance from the pier which I like being a solo cruiser now.  I think it's a small place.  It got a good review very recently from the B..g person that can't be named  Has anyone been here??

https://delmarlatinobeachclubcozumel.com/all-inclusive-package/

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

Paradise Beach’s FB page still lists the PAYG option. We always spend far more than $10/pp in food & drinks, but a lot less than the AI price of $64 each (current website price).

I sent them an email to confirm. I need to know what to expect when we are in Cozumel again in November.

F9DA1354-BC9B-45BD-911C-230981928639.thumb.jpeg.a1c4bf23042a1dc7f8dc2c116bdd6226.jpeg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 4

Funny story from when I was at Paradise Beach last year. I typically only have a couple of drinks per year - a fruity drink on our cruises and maybe some bubbly on NYE. That's it. Drinking was frowned upon when I was growing up, and I never got in the habit of having it regularly after I was an adult. But I really look forward to my fruity vacation drink.

So last year at PB, I ordered a banana daiquiri with my nachos. The server looked up from his order pad and said, "Virgin, right?" I had not said virgin. I don't know if he thought I looked pregnant, or what led him to assume I didn't want alcohol, but I was so embarrassed in the moment (and had visions of my parents' disapproval 😂 ), I just nodded instead of correcting him. After he left, Brian asked me why I didn't correct him and tell him I wanted a regular daiquiri. I don't know. I guess I was just taken aback in the moment. So I enjoyed my banana smoothie. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I always wanted to try an AI beach place but Dan was not a beach person.  Thinking of trying this one in Cozumel $39.   They only take 30 people and its walking distance from the pier which I like being a solo cruiser now.  I think it's a small place.  It got a good review very recently from the B..g person that can't be named  Has anyone been here??

https://delmarlatinobeachclubcozumel.com/all-inclusive-package/

Looks very nice, don't think there is much of a beach there, looks like they may be some steps there to walk down to the water.

But the thought of only 30 people there sounds nice. I would book early if you are going to do it. I'm sure they can get the 30 people everyday with no problem.

Please let us all know how it is if you go for it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@HBE4Driving home tonight I had the heat on in the car, the heated seat turned on, and the heated steering wheel on and it was 60°F.

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I can’t believe I didn’t even think of turning the seat heat on.  After we got out of the breeze it wasn’t as bad.  
To me low 60’s and below is cold anytime, spring or fall.

It was in the upper 80s here yesterday, 61 currently 🥶.  Have an appt at 10, DH said you better pull your woolies out, told him nah will just put the seats on.  Never thought I would use heated seats in SC but use them quite frequently.

Will be nice to be able to get outside, it's been hot, but not liking how much it dropped overnight.  Was down by the beach yesterday, waves were rolling in, hard to get good pics to show how much rougher it was than normal due to Fiona.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, akcruz said:

It was in the upper 80s here yesterday, 61 currently 🥶.  Have an appt at 10, DH said you better pull your woolies out, told him nah will just put the seats on.  Never thought I would use heated seats in SC but use them quite frequently.

Will be nice to be able to get outside, it's been hot, but not liking how much it dropped overnight.  Was down by the beach yesterday, waves were rolling in, hard to get good pics to show how much rougher it was than normal due to Fiona.

Woke up to 60°, looked at the hourly forecast and decided I will wait until 11am when it hits 70° before I go check on the garden.

Sometimes I turn the seat heater on in the car just because it feels good on the back.  When it got real hot this summer I tried the seat cooler but couldn’t feel it enough.

• Like 3

It’s about 46 degrees here, but the high today is going to be 57, which is fine. I don’t think we have had frost yet.

I will be going out to see my daughter, because she is having her tonsils removed. I understand that as an adult, the recovery is quite painful, but her ENT look a look and agreed that she needed it done. At least mommy will be there to look after the grandson and baby her (at least, as must as she will accept!). Her husband is a contractor, so he wants to work as much as possible before the weather changes.

• Like 7